OGS 2011-2012 Results

stanxv

Logged in, click OGS and I get the following:

The online application is temporarily unavailable as it is currently being updated. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please check back later. We'll see.

Oh yeah, they better be thanking us for our patience. I'm pretty sure there's not much of it left.

Yup. The last few times is said it was updating, we were able to log into the site by going directly to the login page. Now that is updating.

Good luck all.

For what it's worth, I just received an email from Laurier Grad Studies that OGS results are now online. While I still can't access them, that at least hints that they will be up and accessible by the end of the day. Hang in there, folks.

For what it's worth, I just received an email from Laurier Grad Studies that OGS results are now online. While I still can't access them, that at least hints that they will be up and accessible by the end of the day. Hang in there, folks.

AHHHHHHHHhh. thanks for sharing.

If the wait is over for this before the weekend, that would be awesome!

YUSSSSS!!!!

May 6, 2011 Adjudication Completed - Successful Candidate

Congratulations! The Selection Board for the Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program (OGS) has completed its adjudication of candidate files and you have been awarded a scholarship for 2011-2012. The value of the scholarship is $5,000 per term for 2 or 3 consecutive terms. The scholarship is not available if you are in a one-term program. Please confirm your acceptance or decline the scholarship by June 30, 2011 by clicking on "Confirm Acceptance >".

After the website update, I am now able to official confirm my OGS acceptance. For the past week, clicking on 'confirm' just brought me back to my status update. It appears that the downtime was to activate the acceptance page, probably in anticipation for releasing of the remaining results next week.

Also, they provided a PDF with some updated information information. I have uploaded it online:

http://viewer.zoho.com/docs/ccV4dd

Good luck everyone!!

Strange. The only thing that changed in my status was the font-color! now the following is written in blue:

"Information about whether or not your application was entered into the competition will be available mid December. The results of the competition will be available mid April 2011. Please use the "Check Status" link on your OGS Main Page to access information about the status of your application."

Very strange! does anybody have the same status?

Congratulations for all the successful candidates :)

Edited by akram_s_s

I'm on the waitlist. Anyone able to provide some insight on how that process works??

I was never waitlisted for OGS, but I was for SSHRC. Usually, they'll make a reversion list by discipline (or discipline code/field) and rank the reversion list. If one person declines in your field, the person in the #1 rank on the waitlist gets that award. You have to hope that people are declining their awards to take up a SSHRC instead or to study out of province. Depending on where you sit on the waitlist, your chances could be quite good.

I got it but will be declining it because I also got a SSHRC. So here's some hope for those waitlisted at the MA level in Political Studies. Congrats to everyone who got it and good luck wishes for next year's hopefuls. I was rejected the first time I applied for SSHRC so I know how heartbreaking it can be.