Waiting it out 2012... 'I've just submitted my application' thread

fenderpete

Okay, I've got to stop rereading my applications and noticing all these tiny little mistakes. Seriously.

The problem is that I was in a severe car accident the day before deadlines, so I ended up submitting some of them, quite literally, from the hospital while half-drugged on morphine. Wasn't able to check over quite as well as I'd have liked.

Moral of this story? Submit early. You never know what will happen at the last second.

Okay, I've got to stop rereading my applications and noticing all these tiny little mistakes. Seriously.

The problem is that I was in a severe car accident the day before deadlines, so I ended up submitting some of them, quite literally, from the hospital while half-drugged on morphine. Wasn't able to check over quite as well as I'd have liked.

Moral of this story? Submit early. You never know what will happen at the last second.

I'm glad you're ok! Agreed: the earlier, the better. I managed to get all mine submitted before Thanksgiving (deadlines Jan 5th) which has made things a lot less stressful.

I'm ambivalent about joining this thread. I made it through the application process without losing my mind or too much hair. Shouldn't that qualify me for acceptance? Seriously, I have no idea how to distract myself from the waiting.

Ten applications and I refuse to tally the cost. I don't want to know what I spent on this process, especially if I'm rejected. Ugh. I wish I could sleep until March.

Got verification from Duke yesterday about my transcripts and Michigan about my final LOR. Literally everything is in.

Except now it's FAFSA time... Anyone else not rushing to get that done? It feels good to be 100% done with the application stuff, and given that decisions aren't going to materialize for another month or two, it's nice to just revel in this glorious stage of completion.

cunninlynguist, you must have read my mind. I just submitted the FAFSA. Hopefully, I won't need any loans but really that depends on my options, since I know some of the programs are more stingy than others.

Edited by orst11

In the midst of applying too all these schools, I had entirely forgotten about the FAFSA. I am in the same state of mind as cunninlynguist, however, for I do not feel any rush to submit it. I too received confirmation today that all my applications are complete; I wish to enjoy that accomplishment (It might lead to nothing but it certainly feels like an accomplishment!) a bit before delving into more paperwork. In general, I am trying to avoid forms at the moment.

11 out of 18 in - I've hit app fatigue. Thinking of ditching a couple of them - I don't really want to go to School X anyway. I think. Maybe. Wait... nevermind :) One due tomorrow and I'm way behind schedule. Such is life.

When do we start hearing back from schools w December deadlines?

How do you do the FAFSA this early?

I had a part-time job this year but didn't have one last year. Would that make it too awkward to use last years information?

I've submitted all of my applications but several of mine are still waiting on transcripts because my university's transcript ordering system was shut down entirely over the break. I've ordered the ones I hadn't sent yet yesterday and I should still be fine considering these are late January-early February deadlines. A few other schools are still processing my transcripts I think. So 10/10 submitted, but only 3 confirmed to be 100% complete. All LORs and GRE scores are in though, and all transcripts have been sent, so it is just waiting at this point I guess...

Edited by Chande

11 out of 18 in - I've hit app fatigue. Thinking of ditching a couple of them - I don't really want to go to School X anyway. I think. Maybe. Wait... nevermind :) One due tomorrow and I'm way behind schedule. Such is life.

When do we start hearing back from schools w December deadlines?

I experienced fatigue at 8, so I can only imagine how exhausting it must be to turn in 18.

Regarding when we might start hearing back - I have found it helpful to look back on the admissions results posted here: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=%28politics|government|political%29&t=a&o=d. I think that the dates from last year could be used as a rough guide for this year. That said, others might be able to provide better guidance.

Regarding when we might start hearing back - I have found it helpful to look back on the admissions results posted here: http://www.thegradca...cal%29&t=a&o=d. I think that the dates from last year could be used as a rough guide for this year. That said, others might be able to provide better guidance.

Exactly two years ago today, someone received an acceptance from one of my top-choice universities. Needless to say, I'm going to be completely on-edge for the next couple of days. There's no data for last year's acceptances, though, so who knows... GAH! I need to stop thinking about this or I'll go utterly mad!

Hello All,

I am new to the forums, but I have been lurking around these parts for a while now.

I submitted most of my MA applications the past couple of days! Thankfully, well ahead of the deadlines (Jan 31st-Feb 1st). Now the anxiety begins!

I am applying to only Ontario schools, my research interests are very much entrenched in several areas, so I have applied to Sociology, Criminology, Political Studies, and International Affairs programs.

I have a feeling the next few months are going to go by extremely slow. Thankfully I still have to finish up my Bachelor of Arts degree.

Finished mine a week ago today. Wish I could say I've been able to put them out of my mind since then but, sadly, no. They lurk. And linger.

Can't wait for this all to be over--hopefully with a positive outcome!

Edited by bespeckled

Exactly two years ago today, someone received an acceptance from one of my top-choice universities. Needless to say, I'm going to be completely on-edge for the next couple of days. There's no data for last year's acceptances, though, so who knows... GAH! I need to stop thinking about this or I'll go utterly mad!

I fear that it might be too late for some of us. I know that, in my case, the application process itself drove me a bit bonkers, and I am not sure when or if my sanity will return. Upon reflection, I think that all who have traveled this road have paid the price by forfeiting some measure of their mental health.

Argh, I have an interview with one of my schools now. So terrified.

I know. You breathe a sigh of relief, thinking you're all ready to just "wait it out"... then suddenly you have more stuff to worry about.

I have my first interview tomorrow. I have to admit, grad applications have been one of the most stressful experiences I've been through.

I thought I'd jump in on this thread, so hello! I am applying for a PhD in History, and I have 8/9 applications submitted, and the 9th will go out tomorrow. Most of my deadlines have just passed, so it will be at least a month before I hear anything. I did get some news on a fellowship nomination already, but that was unusually early. For the next month, I'm just trying to be productive and let it all go to the back of my mind.

Hope everyone else is managing to stay sane.

I'm having a small heart attack every time I check my e-mail.

I got a spam message saying YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN and I almost fainted. -.-

Finished 5/5 applications... Now we wait. I expect the first results to reach me in February, but I'm freaking out at the moment. Of course.

Good luck to you all! :(

Edited by wlkwih2

I am a science applicant, though mine is unfortunately not one of the sciences currently blowing up the results board.

I submitted all of my apps in late November/early December, but the deadline for one program was just yesterday, so I figure now the "real" waiting begins.

Best of luck to everyone throughout this long month!

Hello All!

I'm so glad to be able to read this thread and know others are feeling exactly as I do! I submitted my applications in Nov/early Dec. I *thought* that being done well before the deadlines that I'd feel a sense of relief and kind of just sit back until results come in. However, the wait has been excruciating! I cant believe it will still be another month or two before I can hope for any response.

I hope I get in somewhere because I sure as heck wont be doing this twice! AARRRGGGHHH!!

Good luck to you all :)

I'm having a small heart attack every time I check my e-mail.

I got a spam message saying YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN and I almost fainted. -.-

Finished 5/5 applications... Now we wait. I expect the first results to reach me in February, but I'm freaking out at the moment. Of course.

Good luck to you all! :(

I got a similar mail from "The Admission Team" of an institute offering classes wishing me a happy New Year. Though it went to my spam folder, I have not deleted it. I know not why.