Waiting it out 2012... 'I've just submitted my application' thread

fenderpete

I just checked my app online for HGSE and it says my app that I submitted a month before the deadline is "incomplete" due to missing GRE scores. :mellow: Ummm...I took the test in July and the report shows ETS sent it to HGSE 7/15. The official deadline is a week away! I shouldn't have to order another report since it shows they have it, also it wouldn't get there in time! I just emailed the admissions office because I am panicking a bit. I am hoping someone is just slacking in HGSE's office verifying scores and putting in the system, because I might just have a freakin' heart attack.

I submitted my apps to the places I really wanna go Dec 1... I am working on two more apps due next week, but I'm freakin out man. Every time I check my email my pulse rate goes up x100. Does any one know when the earliest we would hear back about interviews/admission decisions for Dec deadlines? Good luck everyone!

Hi mo mo - I'd recommend searching the grad cafe results search page for your programs to get an idea of when you might hear (people from previous years posted when they got an interview, etc). I'm dying waiting too! I also applied to UW (MCB) and it looks like we might hear about interviews around Dec. 20.

I also applied to UW (MCB) and it looks like we might hear about interviews around Dec. 20.

wait... what?! How is that possible? I also applied to UW and the deadline is not until Jan 1st. What am I missing here?

Meanwhile - got my UC Irvine app submitted today. So that's 9 out of 10. It's all going to be over soon. Oh maybe, more accurately, it's just about to begin.

Ok,

I have just submitted all of my applications (I literally had a panick attack as I submitted each application-is that normal?). Does anyone know how long the typical wait period is (Two are due the end of this week and the other two are do the end of January/beginning of February), I want to know how long I will be in panick mode. :wacko:

Ok,

I have just submitted all of my applications (I literally had a panick attack as I submitted each application-is that normal?). Does anyone know how long the typical wait period is (Two are due the end of this week and the other two are do the end of January/beginning of February), I want to know how long I will be in panick mode. :wacko:

Best way to get an idea of when you might hear back is to to mosey on over to the Results Survey section of this site and search for a school and program.

Complete on my Applications.

While this is a relief I now find myself questioning every SOP and LOR supplied

"Buyers Remorse" is normal, though I must say the thoughts of I should have "X orY" dance in my head.

Completing Mid-Terms and heading home next week. Ready for the Holiday's and no Applications to complete.

Now the questions of "what are you doing next year" "where do you want to go" yada yada yada for the relatives.

I know they ask because they care, just feels kinda like "so any special boyfriend/girlfriend?".

AAAGGHHH Just let me relax and enjoy a few days in my "own" bed, seeing some friends and "homecooking" out of that POS cramped dump I live in now.

OK I am done whining actually looking forward to the trip home. Finish the semester STRONG for those of you that are in school presently.

This will all be worth it one day, and we can help our son's and daughters through this with real life experience.

Complete on my Applications.

While this is a relief I now find myself questioning every SOP and LOR supplied

"Buyers Remorse" is normal, though I must say the thoughts of I should have "X orY" dance in my head.

Completing Mid-Terms and heading home next week. Ready for the Holiday's and no Applications to complete.

Now the questions of "what are you doing next year" "where do you want to go" yada yada yada for the relatives.

I know they ask because they care, just feels kinda like "so any special boyfriend/girlfriend?".

AAAGGHHH Just let me relax and enjoy a few days in my "own" bed, seeing some friends and "homecooking" out of that POS cramped dump I live in now.

OK I am done whining actually looking forward to the trip home. Finish the semester STRONG for those of you that are in school presently.

This will all be worth it one day, and we can help our son's and daughters through this with real life experience.

You have to let it go as everything is out of your hands. I know, I know...so much easier to say then do. But realize that a lot of us are doing the same thing.

Good luck and have fun at home over the holidays!

I'm so SICK AND TIRED with my 3rd recommender. I have emailed him regularly every 3 days to remind him to submit my recommendation, and he's even replied to me saying he'll get them in by the deadlines. Well, tomorrow is the first deadline (Wagner) and his letter isn't in yet.

Ugh! I'm freaking out. I want to write on his facebook wall since that seems like the only place where he responds immediately as opposed to his emails.. but I don't know what I should write without sounding like a paranoid freak. But it is the last day and I'm scared he won't send it in, in time.

Please help! What's the best thing to write on his wall? other than "SEND RECOMMENDATION NOW."

lol please help!

I'm so SICK AND TIRED with my 3rd recommender. I have emailed him regularly every 3 days to remind him to submit my recommendation, and he's even replied to me saying he'll get them in by the deadlines. Well, tomorrow is the first deadline (Wagner) and his letter isn't in yet. Ugh! I'm freaking out. I want to write on his facebook wall since that seems like the only place where he responds immediately as opposed to his emails.. but I don't know what I should write without sounding like a paranoid freak. But it is the last day and I'm scared he won't send it in, in time. Please help! What's the best thing to write on his wall? other than "SEND RECOMMENDATION NOW." lol please help!

I’d be happy with any advice too!

One of my recommenders is notorious for not replying to email- ever. He’s a great guy and I’m confident his letters are my strongest (I served as TA under him and he consistently remarked I was the best writer and TA he’d ever worked with!) so they’re totally necessary, but he’s downright horrible when it comes to stuff like this.

Waterloo requested online letters and I completed my application in time that his request was sent out on the first of December. They say letter writers have two weeks to upload their letters. Now it’s 2 days until that cutoff point, all my other writers have submitted and he’s just not putting his through. I’ve sent two emails reminding him politely but haven’t gotten a response, as expected, and now I’m not sure what to do that won’t come across as too pushy. I graduated in 2010 so I’m not around to drop in and see him (actually, I’m about 10,000 miles away now) and calling isn’t an option since it’s finals week and he doesn’t keep office hours. I know he receives my reminders straight to his phone through email so I could keep sending those but I don’t want to seem like I’m harassing him.

Urgh, this is ALL I’m waiting on now to complete ALL my apps for good, I just want it done with!

I’d be happy with any advice too!

One of my recommenders is notorious for not replying to email- ever. He’s a great guy and I’m confident his letters are my strongest (I served as TA under him and he consistently remarked I was the best writer and TA he’d ever worked with!) so they’re totally necessary, but he’s downright horrible when it comes to stuff like this.

Waterloo requested online letters and I completed my application in time that his request was sent out on the first of December. They say letter writers have two weeks to upload their letters. Now it’s 2 days until that cutoff point, all my other writers have submitted and he’s just not putting his through. I’ve sent two emails reminding him politely but haven’t gotten a response, as expected, and now I’m not sure what to do that won’t come across as too pushy. I graduated in 2010 so I’m not around to drop in and see him (actually, I’m about 10,000 miles away now) and calling isn’t an option since it’s finals week and he doesn’t keep office hours. I know he receives my reminders straight to his phone through email so I could keep sending those but I don’t want to seem like I’m harassing him.

Urgh, this is ALL I’m waiting on now to complete ALL my apps for good, I just want it done with!

Totally get what you mean.

I graduated in 2010 too and he's about 10,000 miles away from me too, so I can't drop in either.

I don't think it's a problem sounding pushy, but my only thing is HOW do you sound politely pushy? lol

Ok I am joining the fun here. two are submitted Maryland + Texas at Austin. 6 more to go! feel very anxious about the whole process. Anyone applying to Wisconsin at Madison? When should we start receiving updates? March?

I am, but different program. Not sure when we start to hear back. Probably Feb or March. Good luck to you!!

I submitted 4 apps last week, but I have one or two more to go (depending on if I really want to apply there).. I also have options for applying til June next year, so if I don't get offers til then, I'll have to go through the process again.. definitely freaking out now. I just hope I get in somewhere.

Hello all! I submitted to Tyler School of Art yesterday and University of Delaware today. I will also apply to the Met Summer Internship program in medieval horticulture and have a plan B university with a late deadline just in case. Here's to another app season!

I understand, Cunnin. Two of three recs submitted the same day I sent it to them (which was faster than I expected, of course) while the third literally told me that I'll have to remind her twice more and only then will she perhaps remember to submit three days before the deadline. ...Thanks?