Waiting it out 2012... 'I've just submitted my application' thread

fenderpete

I can't wait to log on in here and write that I'm all done. My last app is being delayed to the last minute because of my previous school. I'm waiting on transcripts... I'm going to fedex my app (they require a hard copy app package) from overseas something like 10 days before the deadline. :wacko:

I tried this too, and it didn't work. My recommender even said something like "oh, by the way, I saw I had one more week to do it".

And this is form someone who uploads their letters the SAME day of the deadline. I mean, what does he expect? He must realize I have to factor in some extra time just to be on the safe side...

Huh. One of my recommenders told me to tell her the deadline was two weeks ahead of when it actually was so that she would do it right away.

Well i was done with 9/10 of my apps around the last week of november but was holding out one application due to exams. With the exams over, I finished my last app and now dread the long wait for answers! ugh.

On another note, people have already started getting admits?!? This early!?! :o

Is it just me or does the whole process intimidate the crap out of you?

Getting admits, interviews, phone calls meh.. I am so envious of you guys now!

I have finished applying to 15 places (surprise, even my referees didn't cause any trouble!). I will have to shut my yap and wait for the outcome. I have to expect a lot of (hopefully not all) rejects.

On the bright side, I found a forum with people who are in the same boat as me... harrr haarrr..

Is it just me or does the whole process intimidate the crap out of you?

YES. Yes it does.

I'm glad that I can finally join this thread (8 of 8 submitted! Yay!) but somehow being done isn't doing much to assuage my nervousness. I have at least 6 weeks to wait before I hear anything back and I have no idea how I'm going to distract myself!

YES. Yes it does.

I'm glad that I can finally join this thread (8 of 8 submitted! Yay!) but somehow being done isn't doing much to assuage my nervousness. I have at least 6 weeks to wait before I hear anything back and I have no idea how I'm going to distract myself!

Have a spouse lose a job right before Christmas...I've found this has worked wonders for my anxiety about waiting for programs to get back to me! And I was so worried, too. :)

I make this a joke because, if I didn't, it would be a long holiday season.

Good luck everyone!!

FINALLY! The UPS guy just left with my 10th and last application package. I had to wait to the last minute (almost) for official transcripts from my previous uni. It'll arrive approx. 3 days before the deadline... :unsure:

Anyway, now it's all done. All that is left for me to do is wait.

Good luck everybody!

YES. Yes it does.

Best of luck!

15 of 15 submitted. Schools are still receiving transcripts etc.

What do you guys mean that you know someone has googled your name already? How do you find that out?

I think they mean they have signed up for academia.edu

After you sign up, you receive email alerts when people use google to search for your name.

^ Yes, but then only if they access your profile from said google search. ;)

At least it helps you know for sure that they were, in fact, looking for you and not some other "Elle Woods UCLA law."

Edited by gellert

gellert, I received a recent alert and I wondered if it was a professor or a former (or current) middle school student. They google me constantly (I know because they have told me). It seems ridiculous that a secondary student would search for me on academia.edu, but last year someone told me that she had found my teaching philosophy (and read it!) via google, so maybe it's not that farfetched. I also do not have a common name.

Edited by litjust

All done!!! It seems from the results posts on here from other years that my schools (music) will be getting back to me in February. I already have one interview scheduled for the end of January. Until then, I'm trying not to think about this for as long as possible, because I know that the waiting will slowly and steadily become harder!

Good luck to everyone else meeting Jan. 1 and 15th deadlines!

Happy to read that you've all successfully submitted your applications for recent deadlines! I was also anticipating feeling relief that another deadline had passed, but if you read my thread I posted a little while ago in this forum, you'll see why that isn't the case.