Waiting it out 2012... 'I've just submitted my application' thread

fenderpete

I submitted 6 of 8 this morning. I'll submit the last two when I get a chance to rework my statements at the weekend. Then I'm going to try to forget about all of this. No thinking about ways I could have improved my statement. No worrying about what's going to happen in spring. These things have taken over my life for so long now. I cannot wait for freedom and the head space to properly focus on my work and being a person again. Come on, weekend...

The freedom of finally having them in is almost overwhelming. Today I finished sending in the last of my 11 PhD applications, and for one who typically procrastinates, this is a HUGE relief. Aside from waiting for my letter writers to finish submitting my recommendations, all I can do is hope and pray that my applications aren't trashed right away due to low undergrad GPA and that I don't have to go through this process again next year.

Anyhow, congrats to all who have gotten this far! Any ideas for a new obsession to occupy my spare time during the waiting period?

Just received my first interview invite from a POI at one of my programs. The program app deadline isn't till the 15th of December. I'm eligible for a large school fellowship that they want to nominate me for, but I'll need to retake the GREs to increase my score a bit. Sigh. At least I know I'm wanted somewhere now.

Just received my first interview invite from a POI at one of my programs. The program app deadline isn't till the 15th of December. I'm eligible for a large school fellowship that they want to nominate me for, but I'll need to retake the GREs to increase my score a bit. Sigh. At least I know I'm wanted somewhere now.

That's awesome ryanmor! I can't believe they've already notified you about interviews.

Hi everyone! New to this forum. But anyway, I'm applying for Msc in Management to 7 schools, all in Europe. Submitted all my apps already as I wanted to send them in by Round 1. Had an interview with IE Business School Madrid last Tuesday and got an interview invite for the 5 SAI schools in France (Audencia, Skema, HEC, ESCP, and EM Lyon) which will be held next week in Hong Kong. Currently waiting for an interview invite to my last school, ESADE Barcelona. My status on the site reads "Documents received. Pending Admissions Committee."

Also, last year when I was applying, one of my recommenders NEVER submitted the letter, even after the reminder! luckily I still had 4 others who did, one of whom happened to be the advisor of a professor at the school I am now attending! So it all can work out even with a flakey recommender (as long as the school allows more than the "required" number)!

Shoot, that's scaring me. I'm going to talk to my last recommender this week. I know he's bloody busy but it's so close to deadlines!

Submitted my 14 applications last week and now I'm in for the long wait. It's nice to get them out of the way early but I can't stop checking the forums. I wish I could just skip forward a few months to interview season. It's going to be stressful but at least something will be happening!

Just submitted to Berkeley the other day. Feels weird. I'm moving between feeling hopeful and wondering why did I ever think I stand a chance...

Trying to concentrate on all the other apps I'm about to submit, and on the referees who only have two weeks to send their recommendations and haven't done it yet. :(

Irish graduate here. Got my GRE scores today and have finished applying to three programs. Applied for a PhD in Psychology at Georgetown, A PhD in Human Development at Penn State, and an M.A. in Psychology at the College of William and Mary. I'm hoping to get into W&M. If I don't hear anything back I might apply for some M.A.s in Ireland but the Irish application system is dramatically less arduous (and a lot less efficient!) than the American system so I don't have to think about writing another statement of purpose for a long time!

Since I applied to Berkeley I keep having nightmares that there's something wrong with my app, or I forgot something, or something like that. I'm trying not to think about it and concentrate on the apps I'm still finalizing. But the fact that the deadline is in 9 days and 2/3 of my LORs haven't been submitted yet also doesn't help...

All my applications are DONE! Just waiting for ETS to send out the GRE scores that just came up on Friday but everything is done on my end :) Can't wait to start getting some responses. Thank goodness my senior coursework will be keeping me busy! Good luck to everyone!

Irish graduate here. Got my GRE scores today and have finished applying to three programs. Applied for a PhD in Psychology at Georgetown, A PhD in Human Development at Penn State, and an M.A. in Psychology at the College of William and Mary. I'm hoping to get into W&M. If I don't hear anything back I might apply for some M.A.s in Ireland but the Irish application system is dramatically less arduous (and a lot less efficient!) than the American system so I don't have to think about writing another statement of purpose for a long time!

Good luck to you! I am also applying to William and Mary for the M.A. in Family Counseling....

I've sent the final payments for 3 applications but still waiting on one of my LoRs, who is out of the country for a semester but still was enthusiastic about writing me a letter. Kind of freaking out since two are due two weeks from now, but her reply to my follow-up email was still warm and stated that she was working on submissions to two schools. I got all excited until I checked and saw that the schools she was working on are not the ones due on December 15 but rather due in January. *facepalm*

I'm starting to geek out. My first due date is Thurs and two letter writers have no turned in their recs yet. They both said they would in a response to my friendly reminder email two weeks ago. I hope they don't make me wait until the day its due, I may go crazy.