MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Uh oh. Back to obsessing! I really want somethinggg to work out.

Uh oh. Back to obsessing! I really want somethinggg to work out.

How did the interviews go?

So jealous, LOL

How did the interviews go?

So jealous, LOL

I didnt have the greatest feeling about the SAIC interview, it went okay-ish. As for tyler, it wasnt an interview, I just visited but I really want to be accepted there, I just loved it.

Keep hope mr. Sad!

I didnt have the greatest feeling about the SAIC interview, it went okay-ish. As for tyler, it wasnt an interview, I just visited but I really want to be accepted there, I just loved it.

Keep hope mr. Sad!

Thanks Kazoo, I will try.

Okay-ish is better than poorly. Just because you weren't loving it, doesn't mean that they saw that too. I have a real problem reading other people, and luckily, even when I think it went poorly, it often works out, so don't despair!

Starting to think I should have chosen a different handle from Mr. Sad - reading it makes me think I set myself up for failure. Ha.

So it looks like I am going to seriously start thinking about the SAIC post-bac. I had a very bad undergrad experience and there are certain things that will hinder me ever getting into a good program. The post-bac will be a good opportunity to fix my mistakes and get some stronger recommendations. I suppose beggars can't be choosers!

So it looks like I am going to seriously start thinking about the SAIC post-bac. I had a very bad undergrad experience and there are certain things that will hinder me ever getting into a good program. The post-bac will be a good opportunity to fix my mistakes and get some stronger recommendations. I suppose beggars can't be choosers!

Yeah this is my thoughts on my BFA Prior Degree Student offer. For me it is an argument about whether I can advance on my own in a year's time versus with the community at SAIC in a semester or so. Merit scholarship will be greatly influential on this decision. My other conflict will be if I only get into CCAD. It will be their third year having an MFA program. I'm not to keen on the idea of staying in Columbus so it will be a matter of BFA at SAIC versus MFA at young program in a city I have been trying to escape.

There is till time to ponder and a few school to hear from yet but I will definitely be notifying SAIC to process me into their BFA system so I have the option.

Anyone hear from Indiana University?

I got an email acceptance for graphic design from IU Bloomington on Feb. 23rd if that helps. I'm not sure about other departments!

Has anyone heard from University of Michigan yet that interviewed with them? Or if you interviewed in person, did they tell you when we should expect to hear back?

Haven't heard back from U. of Michigan yet.... I think they said this was the week though (they were on Spring break last week). We should hear March 10th at the latest!

Edited by justclara

I got an email acceptance for graphic design from IU Bloomington on Feb. 23rd if that helps. I'm not sure about other departments!

I was contacted a couple weeks ago via e-mail that I was accepted into their mfa painting department, not sure about any others.

Come on BU! Information! I need it!

Anyone heard anything from them regarding interviews?

I'm only assuming that we've made it past the first cut if they've sent out some rejections already. I'd like to know soon too.

I had my interview at MassArt a couple of weeks ago with no news since, and I'm still waiting to hear a final decision from Tyler (supposedly contacted later March early April)...

I just called IU Bloomington and the assistant said today or tomorrow they'll be sending out emails!!!! Almost wishing I wouldn't have called - more anxious than ever.

FYI, Cornell starts interviews next week.

I just got a email today.

I have been put on the waitlist......major boo

Oh Cornell, we would have had a blast.

Ugh, no email from Cornell - and if it's true that they are doing interviews next week, I'm assuming they are going to get thrown into the abyss of silence for the next month+ along with UCLA, Columbia, NYU, RISD and USC.

Curses! *shakes fist*

I was contacted a couple weeks ago via e-mail that I was accepted into their mfa painting department, not sure about any others.

I'm only assuming that we've made it past the first cut if they've sent out some rejections already. I'd like to know soon too.

I had my interview at MassArt a couple of weeks ago with no news since, and I'm still waiting to hear a final decision from Tyler (supposedly contacted later March early April)...

I haven't heard back from MassArt yet either, I am assuming we will probably hear sometime this week...hopefully!

I did just get an acceptance letter from MCAD in the mail though! and waitlisted at Univ. of Florida!

Ugh, no email from Cornell - and if it's true that they are doing interviews next week, I'm assuming they are going to get thrown into the abyss of silence for the next month+ along with UCLA, Columbia, NYU, RISD and USC.

Curses! *shakes fist*

I know how you feel, I've had nothing BUT the abyss of silence! I know that Tyler emailed people who are finalists - I didn't get that email, but I didn't get the rejection letter that other people have received either. I know that RISD and NYU have invited people for interviews - I didn't get an invite, but I didn't get a rejection either. What's happening? Who knows. It's a long shot, but I'm hoping that maybe I'm on some kind of wait list (hey, a girl can dream). I have a friend who interviewed at NYU last year in early/mid April, so you never know what might happen!

I have! Says "no decision". Come on guys, decide please <3

I know, "no decision" for me too. I'm beginning to think I must be waitlisted, since I haven't heard either way.

UGH

Also still waiting to hear from UIC, tyler (finalist there)... Hunter interview is on saturday, I'm starting to get nervous about that one...

I know how you feel, I've had nothing BUT the abyss of silence! I know that Tyler emailed people who are finalists - I didn't get that email, but I didn't get the rejection letter that other people have received either. I know that RISD and NYU have invited people for interviews - I didn't get an invite, but I didn't get a rejection either. What's happening? Who knows. It's a long shot, but I'm hoping that maybe I'm on some kind of wait list (hey, a girl can dream). I have a friend who interviewed at NYU last year in early/mid April, so you never know what might happen!

Hi Bordercrossings! I can't imagine have absolutely NO news whatsoever, that must be infuriating and all consuming! I am with you though for hoping for the best . . . who knows, I feel like anything can happen at this point. Good luck to you, let us know how it goes!