0% Confidence of Acceptance

Am I the only one writhing in agony with multiple implicit rejections? 

Nope... two actual rejections and one implicit (Chicago seems to have sent out acceptance e-mails today and my inbox is empty). Seriously, if I got a WL at this point I'd be thrilled.

I'm pathetic. :unsure:

Last week, 2 rejects in 4 days, not a SINGLE word since then, the silence is deafening....echo....echo....echo...............................................

I honestly don't know who I thought I was fooling with this whole process. Or why I thought I could get through it without feeling suicidally depressed. I don't think I've ever felt so low in my entire life...

2cfcfew.gif

Am I the only one writhing in agony with multiple implicit rejections? 

Nope.  We're here, writhing in our misery.

whelp

I guess I'm not going to Buffalo either.  this is about to get out of hand

Someone I was once very fond of used to say "whelp" all the time, so this made me smile.  And frown, of course: neither you nor I are going to Buffalo. :(

I honestly don't know who I thought I was fooling with this whole process. Or why I thought I could get through it without feeling suicidally depressed. I don't think I've ever felt so low in my entire life...

I'm with you.  I'm not okay right now.

Oh! But guys! Guess what helps?

LOTS OF RUM.

After my Vanderbilt rejection, I went out and drank everything BUT rum. Explains why I didn't feel any better.

I did, however, find myself standing in front of one of my top choice schools, pleading with the building to accept me.

I'll be sure to let you guys know how that works out for me.

Oh! But guys! Guess what helps?

LOTS OF RUM.

Dammit,  nobody told me about the rum! But seriously, I feel so stressed that all I want to do is spend my weekend getting massively drunk, which I've never done before. All I can hope is that my drunkenness will be the appropriate gift to lay at the feet of the admissions gods and they will have no choice but to let me in.

Dammit,  nobody told me about the rum! But seriously, I feel so stressed that all I want to do is spend my weekend getting massively drunk, which I've never done before. All I can hope is that my drunkenness will be the appropriate gift to lay at the feet of the admissions gods and they will have no choice but to let me in.

It'll be good training for when you get into an amazing program, because while grad school is primarily about the pursuit, analysis, creation (etc.) of knowledge, it's also about getting hammered in your kitchen with your flatmates while attempting to read/write something important.