Notification Thread

William_James

second berkeley post stated it was a mass e-mail so I wonder if that means all interviews have been extended...

The second one is a clinical one. according to amandarinorange, the social one was an informal email with further info followed soon. so i suppose the official invitations for social haven't been extended yet.

I just have to say, I have had one email from a POI out of 10 schools and the wait is absolutely KILLING me. I think I'm going to break my computer mouse by clicking "update" so many times on my email account and that I've lost about a good five years off of my life.

I just have to say, I have had one email from a POI out of 10 schools and the wait is absolutely KILLING me. I think I'm going to break my computer mouse by clicking "update" so many times on my email account and that I've lost about a good five years off of my life.

I'm with you on that. I applied to 5 doctoral programs, and 1 MA program. Just one email from a POI so far and the wait is horrible. And all of the POIs I applied to work with will be at SPSP...

I'm with you. I've heard from 2 of 10 schools, and every time I get an email, it's like a major crisis. I get really excited for a second and then see it's actually junk mail and then freak out a little. This is torture!

I'm with you on that. I applied to 5 doctoral programs, and 1 MA program. Just one email from a POI so far and the wait is horrible. And all of the POIs I applied to work with will be at SPSP...

Same with me. 5 doctoral programs only heard from 1. The silence is distressing!

11 PhD programs and I have heard back from 2. most others seem to have already extended interviews as well. I prepared myself for a lot of rejection, but I felt, and had heard I had a pretty strong application.

anyways, for those of you who have heard back from some, I think the best thing is to focus in on potential interviews, and really give it all youve got for those. I know plenty of people who got 1 interview out of 10+ and that one made all the difference in their life.

Oh, please. "I've only heard back from 1/2/n."

At least you know you have an interview somewhere.

There are those of us on this forum who haven't heard back from anywhere yet. I'd kill to be able to say I've heard back from at least one POI.

So to all those out there like me, looking for a smidgen of hope when it seems there is none left to have:

There is hope. It's not over 'till it's over, and every prof sends out emails at different times. Even at my alma mater, which has a definitive interview "send-by" date, I've spoken to two professors on the subject who've mentioned that they plan not to send anything out until a good week after that 'deadline.'

Don't feel badly just because it seems everyone else on TGC has an interview but you. You aren't alone. And that doesn't make you any less a stellar applicant for it.

Edited by gellert

Oh, please. "I've only heard back from 1/2/n."

At least you know you have an interview somewhere.

There are those of us on this forum who haven't heard back from anywhere yet. I'd kill to be able to say I've heard back from at least one POI.

My sincere congrats to those with interviews, but yes, I'm feeling this.

Also, had a missed call from an unknown number today with no voicemail. Just cruel!

A little info for those of you who applied to Cornell's social psychology program:

As of 1/13/12, the faculty had not yet convened to look at applications, but they probably will be doing so very soon. About 5 applicants will be invited to the interview weekend (February 3rd, I believe, though my memory may be failing me), from which 1-3 will be offered admission.

Best of luck to everyone! I hope this information relieves some of the anxiety rather than exacerbating it.

My sincere congrats to those with interviews, but yes, I'm feeling this.

Also, had a missed call from an unknown number today with no voicemail. Just cruel!

Haha. A week or so ago I answered a call from an unknown number, hoping that it might be one of my grad schools. An older, confused sounding lady on the other end asked if she could speak to Inspector Campbell. Not what I was hoping for, but at least I got a chuckle out of it.

(My boyfriend's response to this story: "Did you patch her through?")

Haha. A week or so ago I answered a call from an unknown number, hoping that it might be one of my grad schools. An older, confused sounding lady on the other end asked if she could speak to Inspector Campbell. Not what I was hoping for, but at least I got a chuckle out of it.

wow, that is funny. i like your boyfriend's response, too.

Haha, that's funny. I'm assuming mine was a telemarketer... I never used to get them on my cell, but I've had THREE in the last month!

Haha! I never knew 'Inspectors' still existed!

Also, Gellert: you are most definitely going to get accepted somewhere awesome and have a great time. Be kind to yourself! :)