2012 Applicant Profiles and Admission Results

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has anyone officially accepted their offer of admission and funding yet or are you'all still waiting until April 15!!!

Holy wow. These first posts make me want to slowly step away from the PhD applications.... and run like hell! Kudos to you both!

Thanks! I hope that we both make it! My interview will be 2/23-2/25 so I am anxiously preparing for it. >< I also just got in contact with a current grad student in the program and hopefully she can provide some useful information/hints for interviewing there. I think Immunology is a smaller program and usually just takes 5 students a year (so they invite 12-14 applicants for on site interview each year...at least that's what it said on the website but I think that they also do phone interviews for international students). Hopefully the professors in the program won't be too difficult during the interview!

I didn't feel like I was "drilled" by my interviewers. It was more of a conversation. Of course it is different with every professor. One asked me questions and directed the conversation . . . the other told me to "make my application 3D" which was difficult because I didn't know where to start or what to highlight. The conversation ended well though and his research was fabulous so once he started talking about himself things went great. One piece of advice . . . PI's LOVE to talk about themselves . . . so when in doubt ask them about their research =).

Good luck!!!

@virion.. Thanks for the info.. How many ppl were with you for the interview? Also this might be too soon but are you looking to accept their offer or go someplace better? I'm trying to see if ppl are declining Pitt offers coz that is the only place left to yet give me a reply..thanks again!

@virion.. Thanks for the info.. How many ppl were with you for the interview? Also this might be too soon but are you looking to accept their offer or go someplace better? I'm trying to see if ppl are declining Pitt offers coz that is the only place left to yet give me a reply..thanks again!

There were 21 people on my weekend, so about 100 interviews total (for the umbrella program, you choose one of six programs your second year).

I am still waiting to hear back from a school I just interviewed at before making any decisions, but Pitt is very much in the running as I was extremely impressed with the program. So no, it isn't as though I've preemptively declined in favor of another acceptance currently.

@ virion..I agree the program is pretty impressive.. I met with one of the profs from there last week and he said he was impressed with my background and blah blah.. and that he would recommend me to the admissions committee.. either he has forgotten or I was too late..:( anyway goodluck with your interview decisions and fingers crossed for me and hyt5009 for the final interview weekend..(if at all!!)

Hi,

Has anyone here already interviewed at Mount Sinai? I have a neuroscience interview coming up next week, and this is my top choice, so any advice/info/thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated!

@ alexhll6

I was called for interview on 13-14 feb for on-site interview. However, I am taking video interview. I would love to know if some one appeared for the interview. when are you going for interview.?

Hey guys,

I have been interviewed by UTHSCSA ( IMGP program) and Rutgers UMDNJ for Pharmacology. Has anyone applied here and can help with the current status... also I have been waitlisted for baylor- Pharmacology and delaware biological PhD...pls let me know if any one has updates with respect to this univs

Thanks

Hey guys,

I have been interviewed by UTHSCSA ( IMGP program) and Rutgers UMDNJ for Pharmacology. Has anyone applied here and can help with the current status... also I have been waitlisted for baylor- Pharmacology and delaware biological PhD...pls let me know if any one has updates with respect to this univs

Thanks

Which UMDNJ campus? I was accepted to UMDNJ-Stratford for biomedical science

Does anyone have a general idea of the timescale for hearing back after interviews? I got home from one last Thursday and I'm already freaking out :)

It depends on the program, which one was it? I've heard back in as little of as a week, but if they have multiple rounds of interviews sometimes they take longer. I know Columbia told us they were going to wait until they finished both interview weekends before starting to send out invites, which was about 3 weeks after I interviewed with them.

It depends on the program, which one was it? I've heard back in as little of as a week, but if they have multiple rounds of interviews sometimes they take longer. I know Columbia told us they were going to wait until they finished both interview weekends before starting to send out invites, which was about 3 weeks after I interviewed with them.

It was Berkeley Biophysics...they only have one visit. I've just been incredibly antsy from the moment I got back :)

i got an offer on friday from johns hopkins CMM, which i'm definitely going to accept. haven't heard a word from duke pathology (interviews or anything) assuming I got rejected, but, waiting to email them and say "you can disregard my application" until i have the actual letter in my hand from hopkins... even though ive listened to that acceptance voicemail a bajillion times to make sure i wasn't hallucinating.

Guys, If anyone has been accepted by Baylor Pharmacology and not accepting it than please decline the offer asap, as I am on waitlist and BCM is my dream college

I have nothing to do with Baylor, but I was told by several people at CU Integrated that if you let the program know that it's your top choice and you definitely will accept their offer if given one, it might bump you up even higher on the waitlist. Good luck! I hope you get in :)

@Sulay Patel

My interview will be 2/21-2/22.

I just saw on the results page that someone got rejected from Mount Sinai a few days after their interview. If you are reading, can you please let me know what the interview was like?

Well i am suppose to have video interview but they haven't given me the dates yet for the interview. Do let me know how was your interview? if you have any advice/suggestions/ thoughts to share , it will be great.