SSHRC

psyched

Hi everyone, another longtime lurker here. I'm at the U of Saskatchewan and was surprised to see brewer's post (hi, brewer! Sorry bro!). I've contacted our Grad. Secretary in my department, and they said that they were expecting the results yesterday, but, as of 20 min. ago, nothing.

After seeing brewer's post, I sent an email directly to our Grad secretary. I'll let you guys know as soon as she replies.

!!! the anxiety! the drama!

This directly from our Director of Graduate Awards & Scholarships.

"I can't believe it but the results are not in!!! Many universities

have been phoning and complaining to SSHRC asking what the holdup is

and they keep saying staffing issues. I will post it the moment I

receive the results. I checked this morning and still no results."

Hey, at least she seems sympathetic. Anyways, this seems to be pretty much as high as you can go at the U of S. Maybe brewer has an even more inside insider...

Yikes! I just assumed everyone must have the results. I'm not sure whether my grad chair (or possibly department head - who also knew the results) has an inside edge or not. All I was told was: "I do know the SSHRC [PhD] results and I am afraid it is not good news..." :(

I hope you all find out soon!!

I suppose it may be possible that it is not a Master List made available to every school simultaneously? Waterloo has access but U of T doesn't - it's the only explanation I can think of, unless U of T wants the results to be by snail mail....

I suppose it may be possible that it is not a Master List made available to every school simultaneously? Waterloo has access but U of T doesn't - it's the only explanation I can think of, unless U of T wants the results to be by snail mail....

If you look at the secure website that the schools use, there is a drop-down menu that lists universities individually. All of the schools have different logons and passwords (what would I give for that information?), so I guess that the lists are posted one at a time for each individual school.

By the way, congratulations revoltingmedievalist! You should be proud of yourself.

Ack, so nervous... I`m just trying to prepare myself for bad news so that I won`t be incredibly disappointed.

If you look at the secure website that the schools use, there is a drop-down menu that lists universities individually. All of the schools have different logons and passwords (what would I give for that information?), so I guess that the lists are posted one at a time for each individual school.

By the way, congratulations revoltingmedievalist! You should be proud of yourself.

Ack, so nervous... I`m just trying to prepare myself for bad news so that I won`t be incredibly disappointed.

Pray tell, how have you seen this website, natalia?

Ack, so nervous... I`m just trying to preparen myself for bad news so that I won`t be incredibly disappointed.

argh, i am really hoping that isn't the case! I was hoping to contact my grad office (at UVic) about my wife's independent application (to U of T).

Pray tell, how have you seen this website, natalia?

Obsessive googling: https://secure.nserc.ca/u_e.htm

EDIT: If you go to Douglas College on the drop-down menu, you can see what the information looks like that the schools have access to. For whatever reason (loss of quota, maybe), this school does not need a password. I have to believe that if I had a real job, I wouldn`t know this.

ARRRGH! Whichever way you look at it, McGill is still in the middle of the list. We probably won't be notified too soon.

You are amazing. Oh what I'd do to get that login information.....

I would like to believe that last few weeks of SSHRC obsessing is a sign of my excellent research capabilities, but I am pretty sure that it just means that I need a hobby.