SSHRC

psyched

For anyone waiting on news from the University of Calgary...

FGS got the results an hour ago and need to "go through the results" before sending out emails to students. Apparently, their computers have been down most of the day, as well, and this has been causing some delays. I couldn't get a timeline on when the results would be shared. Just "asap."

University of Toronto results are out! SGS passed on the list to the departments!

I got a CGS!!! for 36 months!

AND I don't even know what that is!

(first time appplicant)

I'm in shock!

Off to celebrate now! Good luck to everyone else and thanks for this forum it kept me sane!

Bollocks. I wonder if the individual departments at Carleton will be more forthcoming?

i really hope so..i have to say they have been very uninformative about the entire thing! i haven't heard anything since my application was forwarded! felan...let me know if you hear anything and i'll do the same...

University of Toronto results are out! SGS passed on the list to the departments!

(first time appplicant)

I'm in shock!

Off to celebrate now! Good luck to everyone else and thanks for this forum it kept me sane!

Congrats! Through whom did you find out?

Everyone!! I was just emailed a list of those who got SSHRC at U of T - it was forwarded to me by my graduate coordinator!! I don't know if I should post it or not - for privacy reasons, I will not post it. But if you're dying to know, I can check your name on the list and see if you got an award? I got a doctoral SSHRC and just really want to sincerely thank everyone on this forum for getting me through the past two weeks of insanity!

sent you a pm :) thanks!

Thanks Sunny, you rock!!!! Though I still want to go home and find an official letter in my box. My co-workers think I have gone crazy and wondering what the hell a CGS is (means I can finally quit this stinking job and actually not have to work and study, what will I do will all my spare time!!!)

sent you a pm :) thanks!

on second thought it might not have been the wisest move to send someone my name over the net, especially if hes only posted once on the forum...now i need to make sure sunny's not using my name to defraud me out of a sshrc :wink:

on second thought it might not have been the wisest move to send someone my name over the net, especially if hes only posted once on the forum...now i need to make sure sunny's not using my name to defraud me out of a sshrc :wink:

then sunny will defraud/ignore all of us :)

(first time appplicant)

I'm in shock!

The CGS is what we call "A KATRILLION TONS OF MONEY". It's the big one- $35 000 / year for three years. Regular Doctoral SSHRCs are $20 000 / year for four years. You got the big money! Congrats!

Anyone have any info on UBC (Okanagan)? I'm in the midst of writing my thesis but can't stop checking this forum! My productivity will increase ten fold once I know yay or nay.

*groan*

I am super happy for all of you who got awards, but I can't help wondering when my suspense will be over. Could people please update this forum when they actually receive their letters from SSHRC? For those of us waiting to receive our news that way?

Also, do remember to update the SSHRC/Vanier results thread. That information would have been invaluable to us all in our obsessive waiting these past few months..

Hmmm.....Interesting to hear that Brock has released results, re: McMaster......I talked to our department's grad secretary this afternoon and she said she still hasn't received SSHRC results (I trust her highly)....or perhaps she's trying to soften the blow to my ego by making me wait for a rejection letter? Oh well - we shall see!

Congratulations to everyone who is successful and better luck next year to those who aren't! Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, opinions, theories, anxieties, etc.! I hope not to be back next year, but who knows!...lol...... :lol:

UBC now have the results. I was successful... What a relief! However, my department has no information regarding the amount. Will have to wait for the SSHRC official letter. Congrats to all who have won!!!

my understanding is that the amount is based on what year you are in. for example, if you applied going into first year...they fund you for all 4, if you're going into second year, the remaining 3, etc. no?

Hi everyone from U of T- I'm so sorry, I've been away from my computer since 6pm and now have literally 25 messages. I did this to myself I know by offering to share the list, but I felt frustrated for everyone from U of T who didn't yet have the results. I'm going to try and respond to your messages - but just feel badly as I shouldn't have assumed this role. You will definitely receive this information tomorrow! I also promise I will obviously NOT defraud anyone if you send me your info!! Come on now!