SSHRC

psyched

Hey Gang,

I have not been on the boards before but I found them a week ago and they helped me through the stress. I received a PHD CGS for 3 years. I am at the university of regina. I had to go to my graduate studies scholarship rep in person to find out, but I would have not known to check without the efforts of everyone here.

Thank you all for keeping me sane.

Much Love & Good luck to everyone.

Congrats to all of you guys!

Anyone from Queen's here?

I am also in psych at Queen's. As of 30 minutes ago the psych department hadn't heard anything. Dianne Flint said she would email the second she found out. Hoping for news by the end of today!

Sylvinka -

Apparently Gail Lamkin is off today, and she is the one with access to the SSHRC info at MUN. The woman that I spoke with at SGS today said to call back tomorrow to speak to Gail.

Thanks. Maybe that's why she did not reply. I wonder if she will tell us directly or send it to our departments. Well, one more day to wait:(

I am also in psych at Queen's. As of 30 minutes ago the psych department hadn't heard anything. Dianne Flint said she would email the second she found out. Hoping for news by the end of today!

Ok the SGS contact at Queen's has said they haven't received anything yet - which is bizarre if you ask me.. She did say they would forward them to the departments within an hour of getting them; whatever that means!

Just wanted to add another confirmation of results!

I'm also at UVic (History department), and a contact in my department just emailed to confirm that I've won a doctoral SSHRC! I'm over the moon, I was convinced I'd have to apply again.

Big congrats to all the other winners! More importantly, sympathies to those who have to try again.

I applied through Carleton, chrissyk, but no dice yet - I called Grad Studies and they referred me to Jessica McEvoy, but I got her voicemail. Left a message but I don't know if I'll hear back - it's getting pretty close to 4:30 when they close. I also e-mailed my grad secretary but I'm not sure if she knows anything yet.

Thanks Felan - I also left a message earlier today - Jessica must be inundated. I don't even know if they will release the results over the phone, I guess we will know in the next day or so.

Thanks for the congrats and good luck to everyone else. I hope you hear back soon! And to go back to a previous topic - it really doesn't hurt to be in touch with your grad secretaries. I called my department secretary this afternoon to see if she had the results. She didn't, but then, not 5 minutes later, she called me back on my cell to tell me I got the CGS!

Congrats to everyone so far!

I applied through Carleton, chrissyk, but no dice yet - I called Grad Studies and they referred me to Jessica McEvoy, but I got her voicemail. Left a message but I don't know if I'll hear back - it's getting pretty close to 4:30 when they close. I also e-mailed my grad secretary but I'm not sure if she knows anything yet.

i emailed jessica envoy earlier today and she was of very little help..only said SSHRC will send out letters later this week

I'm at Brock U in St. Catharines, going to Mac next year. Me and a friend there received an email invitation to an awards reception "in honor of [our] Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship Award achievement for the 2009/2010 year." So I guess that means we got it! I hope the rest of you hear soon!

I'm at Brock U in St. Catharines, going to Mac next year. Me and a friend there received an email invitation to an awards reception "in honor of [our] Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship Award achievement for the 2009/2010 year." So I guess that means we got it! I hope the rest of you hear soon!

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, did the invite come from Mac or Brock?

ack, i keep holding out hope that my wife, who applied as an independent, will be able to find out her results from the school that she applied to. unfortunately, it seems like they only tell the school that you applied through (which doesn't exist, in her case) so we are going to have to wait for the letter (which is seriously causing problems with organizing schooling etc. for our two children).

in any case, way to go!

Everyone!! I was just emailed a list of those who got SSHRC at U of T - it was forwarded to me by my graduate coordinator!! I don't know if I should post it or not - for privacy reasons, I will not post it. But if you're dying to know, I can check your name on the list and see if you got an award? I got a doctoral SSHRC and just really want to sincerely thank everyone on this forum for getting me through the past two weeks of insanity!

If anyone is waiting for news at Simon Fraser, the dean of grad studies' office says they still haven't heard (seems unlikely, but whatever), but that they will forward the news to our home departments as soon as they get it, which should be in the next day or so.

UofS came through with the results. I just heard that I got a CGS. I hate to say that it was worth the wait, but I sure feel on top of the world right now! Congrats to everyone else who has received happy news today!