SSHRC

psyched

Spoke with FGSR at U of A this morning. They got the list yesterday and will send it to the department this afternoon. Hopefully you can contact your department and find out then.

Thanks for the info. I guess it will be another unproductive morning for me. I can't seem to think about anything for an extended period of time except SSHRC...

Hi all,

Apologies if I've missed my answer; there's been quite a bit of activity here. Congratulations to those who have heard good news! I'm wondering if anyone knows how Canadian students studying outside the country discover their results -- is it only be regular mail? I'm sure someone posted a note about when the results would be mailed -- is it next Monday? Would winners outside of Canada find out sooner (should I give up hope, or wait for the mail)? Thank you so much for any help.

Just to confirm what others have been saying, various departments at U of T have not yet received the list. I obtained my results from my previous university and then notified the graduate secretary at U of T (by request).

Just to confirm what others have been saying, various departments at U of T have not yet received the list. I obtained my results from my previous university and then notified the graduate secretary at U of T (by request).

When you say your "previous university", do you mean the university that you attended for 2008-09?

Hi all,

Apologies if I've missed my answer; there's been quite a bit of activity here. Congratulations to those who have heard good news! I'm wondering if anyone knows how Canadian students studying outside the country discover their results -- is it only be regular mail? I'm sure someone posted a note about when the results would be mailed -- is it next Monday? Would winners outside of Canada find out sooner (should I give up hope, or wait for the mail)? Thank you so much for any help.

From my understanding, both the university you applied to and the university you applied from will have access to the your results (if either of them is in Canada). If neither is in Canada, I can't offer any advice (sorry!).

Does anyone know what it means to be 'recommended but not funded'? Does this put you automatically on the reversion list (in case others choose not to take up their award?)

I'd be curious to know the answer to this too. It'll give me something to think about whilst waiting for my results.

just called simon fraser DGS at 1230PM EST. they have the list but it hasn't been sent to the departments yet. the woman on the phone said she didn't have access to the list but that she would ask the director (when she was out of a meeting) about when the list would be distributed. the woman on the phone said she would email me as soon as she had some more info.

sean

just called simon fraser DGS at 1230PM EST. they have the list but it hasn't been sent to the departments yet. the woman on the phone said she didn't have access to the list but that she would ask the director (when she was out of a meeting) about when the list would be distributed. the woman on the phone said she would email me as soon as she had some more info.

sean

Please share when you know. This is as far as I got with them yesterday (although they told me the lists "may have" already been distributed, but they weren't sure).

I think "recommended but not funded" means your application was considered good enough to be funded, but they do not have enough money to fund all worthy applications. I do not know how they distinguish between "good enough to be funded, and so funded" and "good enough to be funded, but we don't have enough money" though. (This from a powerpoint I found online.)

Please share when you know. This is as far as I got with them yesterday (although they told me the lists "may have" already been distributed, but they weren't sure).

I got pretty much the same answer. They said that they would give word to the departments as soon as they could, and that we could check with our grad secretaries sometime in the next couple of days.

I just found out that my application was successful from the department secretary at my future school, but she said she doesn' t have details (number of years, CGS or SSHRC... is that possible at all?).

I applied independently - I was out of school for two years - and it seems that the university that I mentioned in my application was notified of my results.

I'm out the door now, but I'll write in the stats thread later today.

I'll be doing my PhD at Concordia University in Montreal (starting next Fall).

I got pretty much the same answer. They said that they would give word to the departments as soon as they could, and that we could check with our grad secretaries sometime in the next couple of days.

Yes, they really are champs in the DGS at SFU. Its nice to hear we're not the only ones waiting. Why do grad studies do this?