SSHRC

psyched

No worries Sunny, if you can respond, fine, but if not, we can wait a few more days. Nothing for you to stress about IMO.

i agree...as we are all stressed enough - we shouldn't start causing each other stress! if you can, you can...if not... totally fine!

Has anyone at York University heard from FGS or their department?

I am in poli-sci at York; folks in my dept are still anxiously awaiting the big news. the grad secretaries are in contact with FGS, but apparently nobody there knows anything

tomorrow, i hope...

The CGS is what we call "A KATRILLION TONS OF MONEY". It's the big one- $35 000 / year for three years. Regular Doctoral SSHRCs are $20 000 / year for four years. You got the big money! Congrats!

Oh wow. Thanks for all the support everyone---and good luck too! SGS at UofT said that all depts should have results by tomorrow. I still don't think it's real until the letters from SSHRC come in.

Well, shit. No SSHRC for me. I have been relegated again to 'recommended but not funded' miss congeniality status. I don't understand the value of this standing. I suppose it adds to SSHRC's sadism.

Sorry to hear that Snasser! But if anything, we've established through our various postings that the entire process is non-sensical and soooooo very random! I'm convinced they just put our names into a hat (a bowler hat of course) and draw......Wish you the best!

I'm terrified that I'll be "recommended but not funded," especially because this is my last kick at the SSHRC can and first time getting through to Ottawa since applying for the first year of my PhD. In fact, the other night I dreamt that that is what happened to me.

Carleton people: Jessica McEvoy just sent me an e-mail letting me know my results, so if you've contacted her I would imagine she'll let you know too.

Mine was "not successful," so fuck it. OGS it is for this year. I guess this way I have a chance of taking advantage of both federal and provincial funding over the course of my PhD and maximizing profits! :P

Hi everyone,

Congrats to those who have been successful! I applied independently, as I took this year off, so I'm wondering if the previous school I attended would have my results? I'm close with my former supervisor, who is also the GPD-- does she only have access to her students' results? Or is there a grand list of sorts?

I'm out of town for this week, so cant check the mail....but then again, if the results are only out today/yesterday, I'd only receive the letter early next week.

Should I bother emailing my former advisor?

Dean of SGS at MUN (NL) just sent congratulatory emails.

I got SSHRC for one year as I am in the 3rd year of my PhD.

Thanks for all your support, congratulations to all and those who did not get it (as me a few years back), don't give up!

As of 11am, my department at U of T still has nothing from SGS :(

Same news for me. The administrator at my department at U of T told me that she won't get the list until next week!!! I hope she has her info wrong and that SGS has sent out (or will send out) the list to ALL of the departments SOON.

i have also not heard from McEvoy...

For Carleton students, I'm not sure if you've done this already, but perhaps McEvoy only emails those who contact her. I emailed her yesterday and she got back to me today (success!). But a colleague who did NOT contact McEvoy only heard today from his supervisor. So if you haven't already done so, maybe fire her off a message (nicely of course).

Carleton people: Jessica McEvoy just sent me an e-mail letting me know my results, so if you've contacted her I would imagine she'll let you know too.

Mine was "not successful," so fuck it. OGS it is for this year. I guess this way I have a chance of taking advantage of both federal and provincial funding over the course of my PhD and maximizing profits! :P

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the SSHRC this time Felan. OGS isn't such a bad deal and there's always next year (plus that lucrative TA salary!)