Final Decision Thread

Total interloper on this thread and, like Silent_G, I only got one acceptance. So the decision was made for me! But anyway, barring a Fulbright acceptance, I will be starting at Yale in the fall (PhD in Russian literature and culture).

Edited by pelevinfan

Congrats, Dorinda! I probably would have gone the other way, but it would have been an excrutiatingly tough call. . .especially if you have any interest in gender and affect in conjunction with early modern lit. I wish you the best of luck. . especially with Quilligan at Duke!

Boston University :)

I just accepted their offer. Hasn't hit me yet.

Woo, congrats! That's two open spots for UMass now. Hope some people on this board get the call soon.

So envious of everyone in here. Wish I could be decided. Screw this situation so hard.

Boston University :)

I just accepted their offer. Hasn't hit me yet.

Congratulations, Stately! I just visited a friend at BU, and it struck me how wonderful it would be to be a student there. Lovely atmosphere! And, I passed the English building and it was BEAUTIFUL. Enjoy!

Woo, congrats! That's two open spots for UMass now. Hope some people on this board get the call soon.

Egads! I can't handle it. Though I don't think Stately being of the Renaissance persuasion will help me out a ton, but a girl can dream...

Every time I see this thread bumped, I hope I can join the likes of you all soon! Fingers crossed.

It's Duke for me too! :)

I haven't *officially* accepted, but I am very, very, very close. I just need to talk with one more professor before accepting at UNC. So, hedgerows, we may very well meet each other at some point at 18th-century novel related things in the Durham/Chapel Hill area! :)

Congratulations, Stately! I just visited a friend at BU, and it struck me how wonderful it would be to be a student there. Lovely atmosphere! And, I passed the English building and it was BEAUTIFUL. Enjoy!

Thanks! I loved the "space" of the department (I mean, obviously) and the faculty were amazing. I'm so excited!

Egads! I can't handle it. Though I don't think Stately being of the Renaissance persuasion will help me out a ton, but a girl can dream...

Every time I see this thread bumped, I hope I can join the likes of you all soon! Fingers crossed.

You never know! Hopefully you get some good news soon! Best of luck!

I almost worry that you'll want Rutgers more because you've waited on the acceptance so long. Sort of like, you'll be so relieved they finally told you yes, it'll seem natural to go in that direction.

Whatever the case, CUNY is an acceptance that thousands of people out there would kill for.

I almost worry that you'll want Rutgers more because you've waited on the acceptance so long. Sort of like, you'll be so relieved they finally told you yes, it'll seem natural to go in that direction.

Whatever the case, CUNY is an acceptance that thousands of people out there would kill for.

You're right, but I'll try to temper my enthusiasm. I'll be positively ecstatic either way. I lean Rutgers though... we'll see what happens.

At any rate, I can't take the pressure anymore. I'm gonna pull a Sammy: