Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

So...I didn't get an invite to interview with Emory, but I also didn't get a rejection email. My friends are telling me to just wait it out, but I don't know - and I know I'm just edgy because, well, obviously with the whole applying thing. Has anyone else had this happen? Am I waitlisted or...? I checked my spam folder, etc. No reject or interview email. And I'm an American living internationally, so no way to call me.

Upthread, someone posted that 20 Duke acceptances and 19 waitlists were sent out. Whether or not that is the case, I do know that some Duke acceptances were received. Not sure about the poster....thems some bitter apples.

Yeah, I saw that post too, and it's said to be 100% sure. But that would be strange because the number of admits for the past 5 years are 36, 39, 32, 43, 35. They would either have to cut drastically the target for this year, or accept the great majority of wait-listers to match those numbers. Hope we'll see some more admits today, and good luck!

It seems like more will come out next week and the week after rather than this week... but then again I may just be trying to calm myself about this!

What makes you say that? Looking back at last year (and considering that the weeks fall slightly differently this year), it seems that a lot will be out this week. Of course, we may just have a completely different list of schools we're waiting on...

Congrats to McGill!

Dito! Montreal is amazing! Fairmont bagels, portugese chicken (turning veg never hurt so bad), running up Mont Royal,  nights at the blue dog. 

Find a place to live in the plateau, pay 500$ and feel right at home.  Little crime, pretty people and that European feel.  Montreal is second to Toronto in Canada (dont ask me why I lived in the Sask. Sk for a year but yeah..) 

Edited by ohgoodness

So...I didn't get an invite to interview with Emory, but I also didn't get a rejection email. My friends are telling me to just wait it out, but I don't know - and I know I'm just edgy because, well, obviously with the whole applying thing. Has anyone else had this happen? Am I waitlisted or...? I checked my spam folder, etc. No reject or interview email. And I'm an American living internationally, so no way to call me.

You can email the Emory admissions personnel - Denise Brubaker. All the best!

Thanks CGMJ!  Feels good to get a fully-funded offer after getting kicked in the teeth by UCSD last week. 

No doubt, that's fantastic! I'm hoping to hear back from anyone soon. (Maybe UCSD, Duke and NYU will send out more decisions today?) 

Hey! Did any of the other Boulder admits receive funding, or do we all wait until after the visit weekend to find out? I'm getting nervous about the visit weekend, since it seems like it will be informal interviews to see who gets what. I really don't know what to expect!

Ima say by Wednesday...most committees are probably going to meet between mon-wed

I really agree here...I feel like most of the action has been happening (this year and historically) between Wednesday and Friday, with adcoms meeting early in the week for final decisions.

Which suck, I know.

Anyone else waiting on UVa?

I really agree here...I feel like most of the action has been happening (this year and historically) between Wednesday and Friday, with adcoms meeting early in the week for final decisions.

Which suck, I know.

Anyone else waiting on UVa?

I am waiting on UVA, but I think I know where I'm going at this point.  FSU gave me an offer I can't refuse.

Things are eerily quiet... I have this feeling the results board is going to get shaken up hard in the next two or three hours.

Ima say by Wednesday...most committees are probably going to meet between mon-wed

Yes, a very quiet Monday morning; as expected.  In either case, I'd say starting this afternoon, and relentlessly throughout the week, we'll all be hitting the refresh button with disturbing regularity.  Anyone else feel like exploring the possibility of being placed into a medically induced coma until Friday afternoon?

On 2/4/2013 at 12:42 PM, Wemayet said:

Yes, a very quiet Monday morning; as expected.  In either case, I'd say starting this afternoon, and relentlessly throughout the week, we'll all be hitting the refresh button with disturbing regularity.  Anyone else feel like exploring the possibility of being placed into a medically induced coma until Friday afternoon?

HA!  I have a job, thank God, so it makes it a little more bearable.  I've really picked up on my exercise recently, and some of that maybe this process.  You applied to WashU, Wemayet?  I'm dying to hear from them.  They say on their website first week of February.  I saw one person place an acceptance up on the board last Thursday to Political Science, but I don't know if that was true or not.  I wish someone would come forward and claim it.  I think it may have been a false flag. 

Yes, if I weren't trying to save up my vacation time at work, I'd be set to wake up around February 21.