Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

For anyone interested...i found a reading list from 2009 from Georgetown on the articles and books you should read before you sit for your comprehensive exams...early I know, but it will give us something to do for the summer..

If interested PM me

*For Comparative Politics

Edited by MarketMan257

Even the weekends aren't safe!!

Since we still have Saturday delivery, maybe just maybe, there will be a snail mail delivery from MIT today... If not, i'm sure the letter was just held up by the monster blizzard... Right?!? Right?!?

They said it would come by overnight express, so I'm thinking FedEx... I haven't gotten mine yet so I'm guessing it was held up by the blizzard!

Contrats to the MIT people! Still waiting on a letter myself, although its not the greatest fit and probably a long shot. Also way to go everyone, 100 pages!

Bunch of spammers. Shame on you all!

Edited by Lemeard

Can we add to your previous (hilarious) GC addiction post? It could move into the "my life started falling apart b/c of Grad Cafe" phase... i.e. i lost my job b/c i got flagged by the IT dept for checking GC all day long... Or, my relationship fell apart b/c i couldn't get through a meal without compulsively checking the results page or sneaking away for a quick forum fix....

All true things (close enough).  Add... the purple growth on my temple, I suspect having to do with a brust blood vessel, has now overtaken my hair as the largest feature on my head.

Edit: especially with today's addition of another Michigan admit on search results, I'm getting the distinct sense that my hopes of dawning the trappings of the Wolverine are dust in the wind.

2xEdit: grats on Berkley zzzzzzz!!!

Edited by Wemayet

jazzrap, RWGB and adaptations,

I am humbled and grateful that you all remember me from a couple of years ago. That kind of support is truly invaluable to me. I spent a fair amount of time discussing the specifics of my qualifications and goals with you and some others during that cycle and it was in no small part those conversations that led me to risk a couple years in a terminal master's. I'm elated that it's paid off. I hope the same happens for you, jazzrap. My story and lots of others here suggests that it could.

I think the best thing that I've taken from my two years of intermittent posting at Gradcafe is that there passionate, compassionate, people in this field, whatever challenges lie ahead.

To all my babies with me this cycle: rest up. We've got a busy week next week.

Congrats from another (lurking!) old-timer.

Also, Wisco admits, feel free to PM me any questions.

Got a phone call. Subfield is comparative.

and thanks!!!

My heartfelt congrats!!!

Sometimes I wonder if it would be v difficult to stay composed upon receiving that call... LOL