Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Has everyone who applied to UNC recieved some sort of notification (either acceptance or rejection)? Though I assume that I am rejected, I'd like to have something official!

I have not heard from UNC either.

Congrats man, so happy for you! Do you mind if I ask subfield and how you were informed?
Thanks! I received an email from the Program Director with the offer letter attached around 7pm on Friday. and yesterday, a very nice email from a professor on the admission committee to congratulate me.

well, at least we know now that all the Yale posts are fake (or three people got the exact same "informal email from POI," which I suppose could happen).

Interesting... though apparently no one shares that twisted sense of humor about Harvard or Princeton... 

There was that handful on the 19th.  Perhaps they decentralize by subfield?  Last year it looks like their offers were a few days a part, though it also looks like they did interviews last year...   

torture continues, someone please shoot me in the face... 

Morning!

Another week, another spreadsheet update: http://wikisend.com/download/418806/Polisci PhD admit data.xlsx

Hopefully this week will reduce our limbo! It seems as though we're likely to see:

- Accepts/waitlists from Harvard & Princeton

- More accepts from Georgetown, possibly a few more from Yale and UCLA

- Rejections from Berkeley, Columbia, Duke, NYU

Edited by CGMJ

Two admits to Georgetown?

Okay, my heart beating about a million beats per minute now.

Agreed, especially because Gtown order of admits is probably telling since their funding is so limited!

Okay, would it be rude/weird to ask a department if they one is not offered admission to their PhD program, if they are then considered for admission to an MA program? I know a lot of places normally do this and they specify it on the application, but the website does not mention it.

Also, is it okay to ask that if I haven't been actually been rejected yet? I'm feeling pessimistic. 

Okay, would it be rude/weird to ask a department if they one is not offered admission to their PhD program, if they are then considered for admission to an MA program? I know a lot of places normally do this and they specify it on the application, but the website does not mention it.

Also, is it okay to ask that if I haven't been actually been rejected yet? I'm feeling pessimistic. 

Are you talking about Chicago? 

Two admits to Georgetown?

Okay, my heart beating about a million beats per minute now.

I know the MAGES admissions committee was meeting last Friday (with decisions expected this week), so final decisions were probably also being made by the political science department at the same time. *fingers crossed*

Rejected to GMU off waitlist. I guess people didnt notify fast enough for them that they arent going.

Smh

I've never heard of "rejected off waitlist." Weird. Sorry.

Edit: By that I mean, I didn't realize we could lose after being allowed to hang on a hook.

Edited by TakeMyCoffeeBlack