Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

have people been communicating a lot with schools they've been accepted to? I'm tired...

Actually no, but this is worrying me! I haven't heard anything about a visitation weekend, or funding yet, and obviously I have lots of questions about the program. I am pretty much sitting tight waiting to hear any additional info, but I'm now starting to think I should send a follow up email. I'm trying to discern the line between showing I am interested and finding out details I need to know, vs just waiting to be contacted and not bothering them during what must be a hectic time. What are you communicating with the departments about? And with whom?

I literally just got the email and it definitely didn't look like a blast. Hang in there... still plenty of time!

Congratulations!!!!!!

May I ask your subfield? Anything interesting in the acceptance letter, such as number of applicants and so? 

I literally just got the email and it definitely didn't look like a blast. Hang in there... still plenty of time!

just got into gw also and my subfield is comparative 

Congrats, you two! =) 

I shall now obsessively refresh my email. 

Chicago rejections are up too. So I'm assuming some of us are finally going to hear from them? 

IR. Nothing interesting really... $22K stipend, which seems like the standard for most places

Congratulations!  Has your status changed in the online application portal?  I ask because constantly refreshing gradcafe isn't satisfying anymore.... :)

Congrats, you two! =)

I shall now obsessively refresh my email.

Chicago rejections are up too. So I'm assuming some of us are finally going to hear from them?

I hope so, though I think it is pretty cruel to leave candidates waiting for almost a month to tell them they were rejected.

Yeah saw that. Any way we can obsessively check our status or do we just have to sit and wait?

I'm refreshing my email (because of GWU and Chicago) a lot but I still have nothing. 

Same here...

Waiting for UVa,UMD,GWU and UFL

Three of them started to send out results much earlier and GWU today..I haven't heard anything from them..and frankly I lost my hope..

And there it is: officially out by UVa!

Edited by doctoralgrad23

No, I just checked my profile and there was a link(application decision available) at the bottom.

On the applyyourself site? Hmm still no decision for me. Put me out of my misery, admission gods, I beg of you!!!