Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Sorry to hear that, guys. I still have no email from them. =/ 

Thanks for the show of solidarity - I did my MA at Chicago, so I feel really lucky that I had that experience.  I hope you all hear great news today!

congrats on harvard!! how exciting. 

Called stanford a few days ago, but i don't think the grad administrator plans on ever picking up the phone... so I've just been glaring at my phone and hoping that it will ring. Hopeful on the one hand because only americanists have claimed acceptances, right? Yet there have been so many on the results board already + the scott sagan call, i wonder if all this hope is in vain...

Oops. I was supposed to respond to that. I'm trying gradcafe on my phone for the first time. Anyway, I do not have a masters and have not heard from Chicago.

I also do not have a master's and have not heard back. I guess the OP's hypothesis is that not having a master's would make one more likely to be under consideration for MAPSS/CIR?

I also do not have a master's and have not heard back. I guess the OP's hypothesis is that not having a master's would make one more likely to be under consideration for MAPSS/CIR?

Might be. I'm not sure. I just asked cause everyone else seems to have heard back. 

congrats on harvard!! how exciting. 

Called stanford a few days ago, but i don't think the grad administrator plans on ever picking up the phone... so I've just been glaring at my phone and hoping that it will ring. Hopeful on the one hand because only americanists have claimed acceptances, right? Yet there have been so many on the results board already + the scott sagan call, i wonder if all this hope is in vain...

Can't imagine Sagan would be making calls if IR spots weren't out yet. 

Berkeley is also an interesting case. Last year IR spots were much later than the rest, but there are so many admittances out already that I'm not sure what to think on them.

Can't imagine Sagan would be making calls if IR spots weren't out yet. 

Berkeley is also an interesting case. Last year IR spots were much later than the rest, but there are so many admittances out already that I'm not sure what to think on them.

hoping you're right that IR isn't out yet and that the sagan call was false.

condolences to the uchicago and cornell casualties... they don't know what they're missing! perhaps there will be more happy news to come this afternoon or next week.