Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

It's a bummer, but I've got 5 other schools I'm waiting on, and I'm a Fulbright finalist. As my adviser said today, if I'm lucky enough to get the Fulbright but not a Ph.D. acceptance, I've got a chance to apply again with more direction and a Fulbright. So, regardless, fingers crossed that something comes around!
Hey, I am also a Fulbright grantee. At the moment I actually regret that they are handling most of my applications. I haven't heard of my IIE officer since Dec and thus don't know whether I'm accepted or rejected at Madison/OSU. This waiting games is hard enough and it really sucks that they cannot inform you about your status immediately. One of my POI at a top school STRONGLY recommended that I do not let IIE apply on my behalf and in the case that I get into their program I should decline the Fulbright grant. Congrats to all the new admits!

Hey, I am also a Fulbright grantee. At the moment I actually regret that they are handling most of my applications. I haven't heard of my IIE officer since Dec and thus don't know whether I'm accepted or rejected at Madison/OSU. This waiting games is hard enough and it really sucks that they cannot inform you about your status immediately. One of my POI at a top school STRONGLY recommended that I do not let IIE apply on my behalf and in the case that I get into their program I should decline the Fulbright grant. Congrats to all the new admits!

Ummmm.... what happened to 16 days with no internet, phone, or email?  Missed us too much? :)  How's Thailand???

Ummmm.... what happened to 16 days with no internet, phone, or email?  Missed us too much? :)  How's Thailand???
Haha, I know. Still a bit jet-lagged. Couldn't sleep at night and read GC. But at least I am not checking my mail 24/7. It's sooo beautiful! Thanks for asking! :)

Maybe UCLA? I think in the past they have released some funded offers by now.

I think UCLA could be tomorrow and if not, then very soon.  I posted earlier to see if anyone had checked in more recently -- but a little over 2 weeks ago I heard that they were trying to wrap things up within a couple of weeks.

For your UCLA obsessive pleasure, viola the application status page!

https://www.gradadmissions.ucla.edu/newapp/Login.asp?topage=AdmissionStatus.asp

Haha... that has been my home away from home at least 8 or 9 times per day :)

Am I correct that Berkeley doesn't have a status checker?  Anybody know otherwise?

(Actually... for the sake of my suffering 8am-5pm productivity, maybe don't tell me if there indeed is one.)

Edited by Quigley

Random but does anyone have any idea about USC? I got an email from them last week requesting an original copy of my international transcript  in the case that the committee would like to nominate me to their top fellowship and if I could get it to them asap but haven't heard back since. I would love to have a general idea so my nerves don't keep fraying every time I get a phone call! 

Does anyone just want a new start. Go to a place where no one knows their name. Research their hearts out on poli sci issues. Just create a whole new life.

I know I do.

Been in the same place for almost 20 yrs (-1 yr for leaving), im so ready for something new and exciting..even if it costs me several nights per week at the library.

Does anyone just want a new start. Go to a place where no one knows their name. Research their hearts out on poli sci issues. Just create a whole new life.

I know I do.

Been in the same place for almost 20 yrs (-1 yr for leaving), im so ready for something new and exciting..even if it costs me several nights per week at the library.

I'm definitely ready for a change, i just hope I get the chance! I know it's still so early and my schools (besides Pitt) haven't released decisions yet, but i've been feeling pessimistic yesterday and today. I hope it passes quickly and that good news is on the horizon for me and everyone else who's still waiting...

I hope Pitt and UNC finish their preliminary work today...I'd like to know either way. Then I'll have at least a week or two before I'll start obsessing again.

Me too. After Pitt, I won't have to worry for a while. It would be nice to know either way.