Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Without tipping my hand too much, I can virtually guarantee you that the UMD acceptance is genuine.

Well, Quigley received a UNC, and UNC isn't quite due for the blast of acceptances - so it's quite likely that we have a candidate whom they wanted very much.

I'm flipping still about UVa....what happened there??

I still don't fully believe those posts (mostly cause I don't want to) but I do know UVA has a tendency to release their decisions slowly, and from what it seems, with little rhyme or reason. Hopefully we'll start hearing sometime in the next few weeks but who knows!

I still don't fully believe those posts (mostly cause I don't want to) but I do know UVA has a tendency to release their decisions slowly, and from what it seems, with little rhyme or reason. Hopefully we'll start hearing sometime in the next few weeks but who knows!

Fair enough. Still, I've been convinced it will be any day. I kind of want to call the program to ask what the deal is but...

....anyone willing to call?

Without tipping my hand too much, I can virtually guarantee you that the UMD acceptance is genuine.

Ah okay, I stand corrected.  If you are the admit congrats!  For the rest of you waiting on new from Maryland, good luck!

Just realized that not all departments/entries are under 'Political Science' in the results listings (Maryland, I'm looking at you). Holla for more things to obsess over!

politic*|government  

use that in the search field... should catch mostly everything... i hope!

I don't know, I think some of these are real and some are fake or really odd - a single Michigan reject? Maybe it was an incomplete app - same with the Minnesota, but I'm definitely not getting any info on their website right now.

For anyone wondering: UCLA admin finally emailed me back and said decisions will be going out from mid to late February. Not helpful, I know, but I said I'd post when I got the email back.

For anyone wondering: UCLA admin finally emailed me back and said decisions will be going out from mid to late February. Not helpful, I know, but I said I'd post when I got the email back.

Thank you!

Has anyone claimed the latest admits?

Heard from a friend that your application status on Minnesota's page might have changed for you. It did for him.

Mine hasn't yet. 

Thanks!

About UPenn, from the results section:

"Pat told me that if you do not receive the email today or tomorrow, you are rejected"

Yogi Berra said it best- "It ain't over till it's over." We know next to nothing about how grad committees work, when they'll release everything, which information is legitimate, or how to interpret it properly. Until I have a letter that says my name and some variant of "NOT THIS YEAR BEOOOTCCHHH" (which actually would be great) It's an unknown.

in the meantime, a propos of nothing, here's some excellent advice about men's fashion and life in general http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2009/12/shibumi.html

Edited by setgree

Yogi Berra said it best- "It ain't over till it's over." We know next to nothing about how grad committees work, when they'll release everything, which information is legitimate, or how to interpret it properly. Until I have a letter that says my name and some variant of "NOT THIS YEAR BEOOOTCCHHH" (which actually would be great) It's an unknown.

:D  :D 

To Michigan people worrying about "application not complete" status - don't! I called them on Monday and inquired about it, the graduate program assistant said the website (Wolverine Access) is broken and has been for months, so that status doesn't mean anything. Your application is most likely complete and you can join me in nail-biting agony of waiting.

To Michigan people worrying about "application not complete" status - don't! I called them on Monday and inquired about it, the graduate program assistant said the website (Wolverine Access) is broken and has been for months, so that status doesn't mean anything. Your application is most likely complete and you can join me in nail-biting agony of waiting.

Thanks!

For Michigan admits/rejections, did your status change on the website or did you just get an email?

I'm not sure what exactly this says about us here in political science , but out of curiousity (read: boredom) I just browsed through most of the other disciplines' forums and almost all of them had very low posting counts for the current application cycle. 

I think I only saw 2 other subjects that even came remotely close to the amount of traffic here with the rest being quite low.