Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Hoping Stanford, UNC and MIT start/finish their notifications this week (and I'm on the list at one of them...) Think that's realistically the only ones I've applied to that will be out this week (unless schools that have previously admitted a slew add to their lists). Cheers to a night of sleep before the obsessive grad cafe/email/status check/snail mail/missed calls begins again for the week...

anyone think we'll hear from yale and columbia next week?? i wonder if yale is doing that interviewing deal again this year.

Columbia will likely be the week after this (according to some of my friends in the department)... here's to hoping sooner!

Couple of items:

1) I'm the American/Methods guy from the results page who got accepted to Berkeley. I was notified by the American arm of the committee, and I got the sense from the call that I was not the only applicant they were notifying. That shouldn't be taken as a guarantee that they notified other American applicants, but I find it likely.

2) Lame prediction time!  I think Yale and Stanford will come out this week, with Harvard and Princeton slipping to next week.

I'm mostly just hoping this week brings closure to the 4 of my schools that have told me nothing despite there being acceptances and rejections posted for each.

Seconded. S'up, Mich and Minn? I know you are probs going to reject me, so if you could bite the bullet, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by clangeroo

Seconded. S'up, Mich and Minn? I know you are probs going to reject me, so if you could bite the bullet, I'd appreciate it.

Um, second your second?  I received a Minnesota notification today, to check my status.  Yeah email, thanks... status reads: "Awaiting Program Decision".

Edit:  Has anyone else with experiece on the "ApplyYourself" system know if I'm doing it wrong?  I logged in, status says awaiting; nothing in the message center either.  Any advice will be eagerly absorbed and obsessively applied...

Edited by Wemayet

With the MIT phone calls coming in, it's getting progressively harder to say they haven't contacted me due to the blizzard.  Congrats to the newest admit(s)!

Don't worry, they've not contacted you because of the blizzard!

For anyone else waiting to hear from Berkeley: is there anywhere other than within the submitted application that we can obsessively check our status? or is that it?

I think that's it.  I'm hoping they haven't contacted all the theory admits or wait-lists yet.

I think that's it.  I'm hoping they haven't contacted all the theory admits or wait-lists yet.

Boy am I with you on that one - seems like they're doing it by subfield so knowing the members of our future subfield, it may take them forever to decide....

Boy am I with you on that one - seems like they're doing it by subfield so knowing the members of our future subfield, it may take them forever to decide....

Indeed.  Well, I wish you the best of luck on getting in.  I'm an alum, and they tend not to take their own, but I had to apply.

THANK YOU to whoever sent that e-mail to Northwestern!!! 

Sorry, I think I must've missed something: what is said email to Northwestern?

EDIT: nevermind...just saw the post!

Edited by rkmattson

Sorry, I think I must've missed something: what is said email to Northwestern?

On the results board someone posted the following : "After seeing somebody post that they had been accepted last week, I emailed the department to see what was going on. The coordinator of graduate admissions sent me a response saying that whoever sent that was trolling, the department hasn't sent out any decisions and will not for at least another week."