Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Welcome to the alternate club. :) Stay positive, we have been seeing alternates get accepted.

Yeah, I'm still holding out hope. The past couple years, Malta has added a third position and bumped up the alternate, so we'll see. And I do feel good about the fact that they liked me enough not to reject me outright!

Oh man I'm sorry... It's a weird funding situation this year

It is. I hope it won't affect my chances of being bumped up too badly. Like I said to CrystalDee, the past couple years, Malta has added a third position and accepted the alternate (assuming there were two people accepted, one alternate, and one person not selected?). Thanks for the support!

This page is quickly dying. I hope we all get bumped (or answers for those waiting still!) quickly so we can join the elite "accepted" groups on FB rather than being alternates or unanswered! :)

This page is quickly dying. I hope we all get bumped (or answers for those waiting still!) quickly so we can join the elite "accepted" groups on FB rather than being alternates or unanswered! :)

I can't believe I'm still waiting to hear!!! (Multi- Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) What is the absolute latest we can be notified?

I knooooooooooooowwwwww!!!!!!!  I feel like an outcast!

In the wise words of Tom Petty: "The waiting is the hardest part."

I can't believe I'm still waiting to hear!!! (Multi- Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) What is the absolute latest we can be notified?

Is there a deadline? I know that would like to let everyone know by the end of May, but I have heard stories of people not getting word until mid-June. If you get it, where will you be based?

Is there a deadline? I know that would like to let everyone know by the end of May, but I have heard stories of people not getting word until mid-June. If you get it, where will you be based?

Oh my gosh, I hope it is not mid-June.  I have affiliation with the Vilnius Academy of Art and Art Academy of Latvia (Riga).

Oh no - I'll be here till the END! the Caribbean/CA region is tiny and isolated from each other... Which means no Facebook group for us :-(. So in an effort to stay up to date on everyone else's news - I plan to stick around.

Oh my gosh, I hope it is not mid-June. I have affiliation with the Vilnius Academy of Art and Art Academy of Latvia (Riga).

Ah! I want to visit Riga so much!! I hope it works out for you. :)

Ah! I want to visit Riga so much!! I hope it works out for you. :)

Thank you CrystalDee!  I truly hope you get bumped from alternate to accepted- I haven't been on the message board long, but you are such a positive and encouraging voice.  You definitely make this horrid waiting game a little easier.  Hopefully we both get accepted and can connect abroad!

Thank you CrystalDee! I truly hope you get bumped from alternate to accepted- I haven't been on the message board long, but you are such a positive and encouraging voice. You definitely make this horrid waiting game a little easier. Hopefully we both get accepted and can connect abroad!

That would be so fun! I would definitely host you in Estonia also. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Oh no - I'll be here till the END! the Caribbean/CA region is tiny and isolated from each other... Which means no Facebook group for us :-(. So in an effort to stay up to date on everyone else's news - I plan to stick around.

True, but maybe a western hemisphere group as a whole could be made (assuming there isn't one already)? I just hope to one day be allowed in the ETA group on Facebook...

And it's sad, but I just remembered that ETA is also a terrorist group of Basques in Spain...Did anybody else ever think about that? I can only imagine somebody having a grant in Spain tell somebody that they were an ETA... what looks they might get! Therefore, I hope to be in the English Teaching Assistant group, not the terrorist group! lol

:unsure: Still waiting...I imagined inventing a dialogue of the arguments they are having over who to pick, I imagined that they are each very passionately fighting for those of us on this board to win the scholarships, and that they've argued all day and night for the last 4 months. Obviously the discussions have gotten very involved by this point, and there is a power struggle between the French and the German counties, with the French Swiss arguing that as the Swiss German side already has a majority of the country, in compensation the French should be honored with more grantees, but then the German and the French ganged up on the Italian side, and made sure that they got even few grantees (with apologies to anyone who applied to an Italian province). And the Romansch are just standing on the sidelines, shaking their heads, in utter dismay at the behavior being presented. Shame on you, they say, Switzerland is about equilibrium, so obviously each side should get the same number, no matter the size or population. So the Romansch side with the Italians, and they both throw a coup over the French-German alliance. So then it's May, and they're back where they've started, 12 spots over 3 sections, and they're scrambling to put together their lists as they then deal with rival universitities lobbying for their affiliated candidates. Then it goes to a vote to the general population, and they declare that people will select the winners, but because of the complicated voting process, it will take two weeks to put together the vote. So, then it'll be the end of May before the winners are selected, but they will win by the will of the people, and when they arrive, everyone will know who they are. :D