Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Jesus, I hope you're wrong! Wasn't it April 11 last year? This is getting ridiculous, considering that Russia reported its picks to the US side back on March 1. 

Hi, fellow Russia ETA candidate here... I've recently started prowling the internet to find out when we'll be informed about the results. Thank you for the update. I instinctively blamed Russian bureaucracy but obviously it is in the hands of Washington at this point. . .

RK

Update for applicants to Spain:

IIE is hoping to hear from Spain this week. :)

Immediate notifications will be emailed once the names are released. 

Haha thank you for making my day. I was just about to resign myself to the fact that we might not find out for a couple more weeks. Good to hear that we may be getting news soon.

Edited by arkansasjabalí

does anyone know how the alternate list works?  is it based on country, or spots?  i contacted iie and they said there is no ranked list, they go back to the pool to see who should get the open spot.  didnt know if it was a country pool, or a universal pool

does anyone know how the alternate list works? is it based on country, or spots? i contacted iie and they said there is no ranked list, they go back to the pool to see who should get the open spot. didnt know if it was a country pool, or a universal pool

Hm, that's interesting; I wonder if that means that IIE gets to make the determination instead of the host country (that's what it sounds like...)

I just joined to complain and commiserate with all those waiting. I'm apparently the only Sweden applicant on this forum and I am DYING of frustration! According to the spreadsheet, the latest Sweden has notified its applicants for the past few years is April 8th, and now that has come and gone. I agree with whatever poster up this thread said s/he was afraid their country had forgotten about them altogether--I'm paranoid that everyone else has been notified except me, especially since no other Sweden applicants have posted here :(

I took the plunge today and sent an email to Eileen O'Malley asking if she knew the timeline for Caucasus applicants.  I hope that was okay. *gulp*

Well, this is officially the latest Vietnam ETA notifications have been sent out in 5 years. Last year they sent them out on the 6th, so I gave them a few days of leeway because the 6th fell on a weekend this year. But alas, still nothing in my inbox. The latest they've EVER sent them is the 17th, so I still have 9 days to break a record!

I'm probably going to start applying to jobs en masse this week and next week. I can't wait any longer to hear news for something that I only have a 50% chance of getting. This is frustrating, but hell, everything about the future is frustrating. 

Well, this is officially the latest Vietnam ETA notifications have been sent out in 5 years. Last year they sent them out on the 6th, so I gave them a few days of leeway because the 6th fell on a weekend this year. But alas, still nothing in my inbox. The latest they've EVER sent them is the 17th, so I still have 9 days to break a record!

I'm probably going to start applying to jobs en masse this week and next week. I can't wait any longer to hear news for something that I only have a 50% chance of getting. This is frustrating, but hell, everything about the future is frustrating. 

Yes, I have been working hard applying for other jobs while I wait.  I do not want to have all my eggs in one basket, that's for sure. 

Sure why not! Go ahead and join. I'm the admin for the group. If you want to post about that in the group, that'll remind me to change the group description next time I log in. :)  Incidentally do you know how many full grants there are to Germany this year?

Not sure how many full grants there are but ~80 are given out every year. 

I just joined to complain and commiserate with all those waiting. I'm apparently the only Sweden applicant on this forum and I am DYING of frustration! According to the spreadsheet, the latest Sweden has notified its applicants for the past few years is April 8th, and now that has come and gone. I agree with whatever poster up this thread said s/he was afraid their country had forgotten about them altogether--I'm paranoid that everyone else has been notified except me, especially since no other Sweden applicants have posted here :(
Haha don't worry none of Northern Europe has heard yet! Where do you plan to study? I spent a year in Lund and loved it.

I took the plunge today and sent an email to Eileen O'Malley asking if she knew the timeline for Caucasus applicants.  I hope that was okay. *gulp*
I did the same and her reply didn't seem upset, but it was incredibly vague. Something like "I'm hopeful we'll send it out in the next few weeks." I didn't apply to Caucasus though so maybe she'll have a better answer for you!

Haha thank you for making my day. I was just about to resign myself to the fact that we might not find out for a couple more weeks. Good to hear that we may be getting news soon.

Hey, are you in Arkansas ? :P I moved to Fayetteville a few months ago for research here

It stinks that we won't hear for awhile, but it's nice to not be stressing every day about it. Definitely makes focusing in school easier for a bit! Though it does make it difficult to make life plans... to seek full-time employment or not seek full-time employment... THAT is the question (besides Fulbright of course!)

That WOULD be super tough. The job search is so frustrating as it is, without adding Fulbright on top of it.

I don't relish the thought of looking for another job when I get back; I'm hoping there might be something open at the company I currently work for.

Woooweee! Anyone else having beautiful weather today? I love it, but it's doing something awful to my allergies!!

I feel very woozy. :( I will take the warm weather, please and thank you, but you can HAVE the allergies :( :(

It's the nice before the storm here in "tornado alley." Hope you feel better!

Just added my info to the spreadsheet (Denmark). I was so glad to find this forum! Nice to know there are others in the same boat.

Welcome! It's nice to have friends waiting with you. :) Glad you found us!

Okay, must... get... back... to...studying!

Yeah, I was just thinking about that yesterday. I'm in tornado alley too! Hopefully we won't get too bad of weather. ..

So last night I was going through my German grammar book, reviewing prespositions, and I started feeling overwhelmed. And then I tried watching some German TV online. Even worse. I started getting that "Oh god, what was I thinking" feeling.

Then I remembered that my brother inlaw, who is from Iraq, uses "by" for just about every prepostion, and I will be ok if I don't always remember my prepositions. Lol.

Still though. I haven't had to use German in forever. X.x

Thanks! Good luck concentrating!

Yeah, I was just thinking about that yesterday. I'm in tornado alley too! Hopefully we won't get too bad of weather. ..

So last night I was going through my German grammar book, reviewing prespositions, and I started feeling overwhelmed. And then I tried watching some German TV online. Even worse. I started getting that "Oh god, what was I thinking" feeling.

Then I remembered that my brother inlaw, who is from Iraq, uses "by" for just about every prepostion, and I will be ok if I don't always remember my prepositions. Lol.

Still though. I haven't had to use German in forever. X.x

Oh my goodness.  Prepositions.  There are so many in Russian.  They all take different cases and that can change depending on context.  Oh, well, I like grammar.  Usually. XD