Applications for Fall 2013!

Hey UT Austin people!

Congrats on your acceptance! I applied as well but haven't heard back, when did you finish your applications?

I submitted my app on 12/14. I was glad to hear so soon! I'm sure you'll hear back soon. Good luck!

Meg0822, have you heard from UT Knoxville yet?  Which school is your first choice?

Hi! Ya I did. I heard back the other day that I was also accepted. I know UT Austin is an amazing school and city but UT Knoxville is also a good school and close to family so I really don't know which one I would choose if I were to get into both. But I am hoping for options. :)

Just got into NYU and was offered a $15,000 scholarship! So excited!

Congratulations! When did you apply? I am going crazy waiting! I submitted my application on 1/4 but it wasn't marked complete 1/22, so frustrating!

I too had my interview at CSUF on Monday.. I can't help but feel discouraged after the interview.  They had over 500 people apply and they only accept 30-50 people.  Yikes!  I still haven't heard back from any other school.... I'm waiting for my USC letter to come in whether it be good or bad.  I currently have a friend in the USC program.. she said when she got the letter she freaked out because they didn't send her a packet.. they just sent a regular sized letter of acceptance so just a heads up ;)

Good luck!!! have you heard anything from CSULB? I applied there too with no response yet.. 

got in csulb today! i believe they are sending letters out now! good luck!

Living in NYC right now and with my husband. He is finishing his MSW @ Columbia. He got the full allocated scholarship from NYU and Columbia. Hindsight....it was too much money for the degree and you shouldn't choose them because tuition is outrageous! We are both from Los Angeles and moved out here for his school. I love the city and found a job right away. This place is extremely expensive but is easy to adapt to unless you cant find a job paying you over 45K. It will be tough if you make less than that....you might have to move to east harlem or out of manhattan. If you are deciding which school to go to "Hunter" is the best choice. I applied to Hunter and schools back in LA. My first choice was CSULB and I got in today(feb7).... Its so worth the price after now experiencing my husband getting his degree at Columbia. Overall if you are choosing NYU or Columbia be ready to be in debt for the next 20 years of your life......

It's a hard choice.. I suppose you can make it work with whatever path you choose but I have spoken to a couple of friends in the field and they say tell me that "people" like to see the private schools with your graduate degree. Who knows! I just want to get into one of the three that I applied to!! Nail bitting!

Yes I received an email. It took me by surprise because I just submitted it, probably exactly 4 weeks ago! Good Luck! It was my first choice so I dont have to worry about the rest of them....yay!

It's a hard choice.. I suppose you can make it work with whatever path you choose but I have spoken to a couple of friends in the field and they say tell me that "people" like to see the private schools with your graduate degree. Who knows! I just want to get into one of the three that I applied to!! Nail bitting!

What do you mean by "people"? Could you elaborate more on that? 

Congratulations! When did you apply? I am going crazy waiting! I submitted my application on 1/4 but it wasn't marked complete 1/22, so frustrating!

Thanks! My application was complete on 1/8, so it took about a month. You should know soon, good luck!

Hi Everyone...I've been looking at posts on here for the past couple weeks and finally decided to post with a couple questions. I am eagerly awaiting word from the schools I've applied to, especially NYU. I submitted in late November and my application became complete in mid-December. After seeing that many people on here have heard from NYU, I called last week to inquire as to whether my app was under review. (It stated that it was complete on my page, but not that it was under review.) The woman I spoke to explained that my app was not yet under review. The next day, the status in fact changed to under review. Does anyone know about how long it takes after the status changes to under review? Is it 4-6 weeks from that point? Also, does anyone know if NYU typically sends acceptances before rejections?

My application status for DU changed to "Complete/Ready for review" this week and I'm just obsessing over it. I'm flying out at the beginning of March to interview for their PsyD and have my heart set on Denver for either program so I really hope I know by that point! My friend recently got a rejection letter from DU so that's not helping with my waiting anxiety.

Hi Everyone...I've been looking at posts on here for the past couple weeks and finally decided to post with a couple questions. I am eagerly awaiting word from the schools I've applied to, especially NYU. I submitted in late November and my application became complete in mid-December. After seeing that many people on here have heard from NYU, I called last week to inquire as to whether my app was under review. (It stated that it was complete on my page, but not that it was under review.) The woman I spoke to explained that my app was not yet under review. The next day, the status in fact changed to under review. Does anyone know about how long it takes after the status changes to under review? Is it 4-6 weeks from that point? Also, does anyone know if NYU typically sends acceptances before rejections?

I found out 10 days after I applied I got into NYU with an academic scholarship.. that was in September when there were probably less applications... but they are generally quick to reply.. I would think within two weeks.

I found out 10 days after I applied I got into NYU with an academic scholarship.. that was in September when there were probably less applications... but they are generally quick to reply.. I would think within two weeks.

Thanks...I hope I hear soon. I am hopeful that I will be accepted, but am getting more nervous by the day!

Edited by MH0709

Thanks...I hope I hear soon. I am hopeful that I will be accepted, but am getting more nervous by the day!

I'm getting nervous too, loosing hope actually. I called them today and asked a general question about my situation without providing a name. Basically, my application status says completed as of 1/10, but I noticed that the status to "in for review" changed somewhere around 1/25 or so. The person from their office said that it is basically a 6-8 week wait from the date that is says "completed". But, if others are hearing so much faster, it makes me think that I am either waitlisted or going to be rejected. I don't want to think negatively, but I do have to prepare myself psychologically...