Applications for Fall 2013!

Yes, I received my scholarship info by mail earlier this week. Though funnily enough, it was addressed to me, but the salutation said "Dear Ms. [NotMyLastName]." So I had to call the office to confirm that it was actually mine! They had just made a copy-paste error.

Thanks so much! So strange that they got the salutation wrong! haha maybe they're rushing to get everything out :/

Hello everyone. First timer here.

I applied to USC's MSW program, and only there, so I'm pretty anxious. I've been told by relevant people that my chances are good, but I still can't help feeling nervous. I applied by the January 15 deadline so I'm checking my mailbox pretty anxiously by now. I think it's crazy that they only alert by postal mail, since I've gotten plenty of things lost in the mail. Like if I need another reason to be anxious, right?

Right now, what I'd really like to know is: When is the earliest that they start sending out letters? I know they say 2-4 months after submission, but must there be no early birds?

Lizalicious- I am not an advance standing student but I also applied to MSW@USC and was told that we should know by the end of February or early March. The wait is killing me.

Just admitted to UNC-Chapel Hill!! Anyone else??

Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!!

I haven't heard back yet, but am eagerly awaiting news. I'm in love with many aspects of the program and keeping my fingers crossed. 

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sharing: when did you apply? how were you notified? was there any information about funding in your acceptance notification?

Congrats again, totally awesome!

If you don't mind, I'd be curious to know these as well! I'm anxiously waiting to hear from UNC!!

Lizalicious- I am not an advance standing student but I also applied to MSW@USC and was told that we should know by the end of February or early March. The wait is killing me.
I also applied to MSW@USC I hope we know soon cause the wait is allow killing me.

Congratulations!!!!

I haven't heard back yet, but am eagerly awaiting news. I'm in love with many aspects of the program and keeping my fingers crossed. 

I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't mind sharing: when did you apply? how were you notified? was there any information about funding in your acceptance notification?

Congrats again, totally awesome!

Congratulations!

If you don't mind, I'd be curious to know these as well! I'm anxiously waiting to hear from UNC!!

I applied on the actual deadline day for early admission. My position in TFA necessitated that I receive a response as soon as possible, so thankfully they were nice enough to call me and let me know. They said funding letters should go out sometime this coming week, although I don't know if that's for all applicants. Maybe that means everyone who applied for the early decision will find out soon with award notification?? Not sure, but maybe!

I just got my acceptance letter from Fordham! :-) I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose this school although I paid NYU my deposit, Fordham is cheaper, and yet still very prestigious. I was also happy when I visited the school; the program seemed to be great, and the staff were always very helpful when I would call etc. Any one else choosing Fordham? I hope they offer some sort of financial assistance. Any thoughts? NYU hasn't even offered me any scholarship money which I thought to be very strange seeing as I had a near perfect GPA, (3.98) and years of experience, but what can you do. I'm excited! I received word from all the schools I applied, got into 3/3 and feel very accomplished! Good luck to everyone still awaiting decisions! 

I just got my acceptance letter from Fordham! :-) I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose this school although I paid NYU my deposit, Fordham is cheaper, and yet still very prestigious. I was also happy when I visited the school; the program seemed to be great, and the staff were always very helpful when I would call etc. Any one else choosing Fordham? I hope they offer some sort of financial assistance. Any thoughts? NYU hasn't even offered me any scholarship money which I thought to be very strange seeing as I had a near perfect GPA, (3.98) and years of experience, but what can you do. I'm excited! I received word from all the schools I applied, got into 3/3 and feel very accomplished! Good luck to everyone still awaiting decisions!

Hey SammR,

Congrats! I did my undergrad at Fordham and it is a great school, very helpful staff/administration and the surrounding location is awesome!

Did u receive your acceptance today??

Hey SammR,

Congrats! I did my undergrad at Fordham and it is a great school, very helpful staff/administration and the surrounding location is awesome!

Did u receive your acceptance today??

yup, even though its presidents day! haha. just received it at 7:12! I applied early September, but the application didn't say complete until Dec. 19. (After I sent in my resume) 

yup, even though its presidents day! haha. just received it at 7:12! I applied early September, but the application didn't say complete until Dec. 19. (After I sent in my resume) 

Did you receive an email notification or did it show up on your online vip page? I sent you a PM by the way. :) 

They must have a thing about 7:12pm because that's when I heard a few weeks ago! Congratulations! and good luck with your decision!

Hey any news from University of Washington Seattle yet? It's my last tentative app and it's killing me. I applied early action, so I expected February. Or something like that?

I also applied early action. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that we would be notified Feb 15. But I recently checked their website and now it just says notifications would be sometime in February. Anyone else have any updated info?

I spoke with UW around the first and they said they couldn't give a specific date in February because it all depended on the committee, but they said it would definitely be February.

I'm going crazy over here waiting!

Edited by ASWaxer

Thrilled to finally be able to post some news!  I got into RIC's program today.  Hopefully I will hear back from more in the next two weeks - the wait is, per the norm, killing me! 

Hi everyone-- I have been accepted to MSW programs at BU and Simmons, waiting to hear back from Smith and BC. I have also been accepted to Salem State and am strongly considering it as an in-state resident, might be the best financial decision (not graduating with debt). My question is how will my school choice affect my job prospects post-graduation? I am going to be on a clinical track and would love feedback about how Salem State's MSW program is seen. Thanks everyone!!

Hi everyone-- I have been accepted to MSW programs at BU and Simmons, waiting to hear back from Smith and BC. I have also been accepted to Salem State and am strongly considering it as an in-state resident, might be the best financial decision (not graduating with debt). My question is how will my school choice affect my job prospects post-graduation? I am going to be on a clinical track and would love feedback about how Salem State's MSW program is seen. Thanks everyone!!

I think this post will help you a lot in terms of determining the best school for you. Reading that post has helped me a lot in terms of deciding what school I would like to attend. I hope it can help you too.