Fall 2013 Chemistry and Biochemistry

Khearts

Heard back from Yale (January 9th) and University of Michigan (today), both by email. Accepted to both for organic. Yale's visiting days are March 7-8, as someone mentioned before, and UMichigan's are February 22-24, 2013 and March 22-24, 2013.

U of Michigan!!! Finally!!! I'm going somewhere!! I AM SO EXCITED!! Will update with stats later!!

2nd time applicant here!! so please forgive my outburst of EXCITEMENT!!!

Congratulations!! I have a friend there who has nothing but good things to say about the dept. and the area.

U of Michigan!!! Finally!!! I'm going somewhere!! I AM SO EXCITED!! Will update with stats later!!

This is the best. Awesome. Congratulations!

Congrats! You can say the second time is the charm!

Edited by Faraday

Received my first offer of admission from Rutgers University (Organic Chemistry). Relieved I've got SOMETHING to look forward to in Fall 2013. :)

What's the average amount of funding people have been offered? Rutgers have offered me $3.2K for the first year (TA, scholarship, tuition fees & health benefits)...that seems to be on the good side...?

Received my first offer of admission from Rutgers University (Organic Chemistry). Relieved I've got SOMETHING to look forward to in Fall 2013. :)

What's the average amount of funding people have been offered? Rutgers have offered me $3.2K for the first year (TA, scholarship, tuition fees & health benefits)...that seems to be on the good side...?

Congratulations!!! Usually stipends reflect the cost of living in the area, but either way, that's a decent chunk of money!

Here's some previous data: 

Thank you for all the congratulations!!

Here's my stats:

*International with US degree from a top ten public school

*Cumulative/major GPA: 3.70

*GRE: 152/164/4.0

*Chemistry: 780

*About a year of research experience in an organic lab

*Three 2nd author publications on pretty decent journals (the lab is small, I work/learn fast, and I guess I was really lucky!)

*Three solid recommendations

Last year, I had no publications and I got rejected by all the programs that I applied to.

Congrats!! please fill us with your excitement again on the next admission!

Thank you for all the congratulations!!

Here's my stats:

*International with US degree from a top ten public school

*Cumulative/major GPA: 3.70

*GRE: 152/164/4.0

*Chemistry: 780

*About a year of research experience in an organic lab

*Three 2nd author publications on pretty decent journals (the lab is small, I work/learn fast, and I guess I was really lucky!)

*Three solid recommendations

Last year, I had no publications and I got rejected by all the programs that I applied to.

Do you mind telling us what you did on your in between year? Work in the lab where you got your publications?

Do you mind telling us what you did on your in between year? Work in the lab where you got your publications?

I actually came back to my home country right after my graduation. And two months later, I got a job which I have been working since. 

My PI did offer me to stay in his lab but thing just didn't work out in the end. 

Just heard back from Harvard! Their visiting dates are March 15th and 16th. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to everyone that got in to Harvard.

Based on the number of admissions on the results page it looks like I probably didn't make the cut...oh well, I'm pretty happy with what I've got!

Edited by UBackwardsChemistry

Those Washington acceptances are making me worried since its one of my top picks.

But still congrats to those who got in!

Check the website under the status link. I was worried too, so I checked the website yesterday and it showed that I'm offered admission into the program - I'm not sure why I didn't get an email. Also, I checked with the department and they said that the official offer letter should arrive shortly.

Just got an email saying georgia tech didn't receive 2 of my LOR.  I wish they had an online system that let me know whether or not they were received like every other school because I would've emailed my profs until they did it.  Luckily the graduate coordinator said I could have them email her the letter directly.  Hope it all works out but both profs told me they submitted all of mine.  Does anyone know if this will negatively effect my chances?

Edited by bskaplan