Fall 2013 Chemistry and Biochemistry

Khearts

Do you by any chance know what's up with Duke? (I see you're waiting for them as well)?

No clue what's going on there. According to their website: "Offers of admission are typically announced from mid-January to mid-April, but the majority of offers are extended before the end of February." ...which basically means not much lol <_<

I would guess they are not done sending out acceptances but I don't think they will extend more than a few offers at this point.

no posts in 2 days on here?  Starting to get awfully quiet, guess decision season is coming to an end.  Not looking good at the 4 remaining schools I've yet to hear from, although a lot of people it seems still have not heard from Duke.  Hoping they're just a little behind in the process this year.

no posts in 2 days on here?  Starting to get awfully quiet, guess decision season is coming to an end.  Not looking good at the 4 remaining schools I've yet to hear from, although a lot of people it seems still have not heard from Duke.  Hoping they're just a little behind in the process this year.

Everybody must be getting prepared for the coming visiting weekends!

I've got my first visiting weekend next week. Quite excited. It involves flying from the UK to the East Coast and I got several days extra to look around the area/get over the jetlag.

I've already visited this school, but now I get to stay in a nice hotel, feel like a proper grad student and chat some serious chemistry. :D

Safe travelling everybody!

I've got my first visiting weekend next week. Quite excited. It involves flying from the UK to the East Coast and I got several days extra to look around the area/get over the jetlag.

I've already visited this school, but now I get to stay in a nice hotel, feel like a proper grad student and chat some serious chemistry. :D

Safe travelling everybody!

Have a great time!

yea although I'm pretty sure I got rejected...I havent heard anything either from Vanderbilt either.

sigh

Their Dean's department is taking there sweet ass time. I talked to the graduate coordinator and she was trying to tell me I got an offer without saying it because "She can't legally tell me I got accepted or rejected"  but she did say that they had decided who they accepted and rejected but it was just a matter of sending out the emails because they have 17 PhD programs and the Dean's department handles all of those.

The #1 thing that I learned from my first visit weekend is to NEVER sign a napkin contract pledging your acceptance of an admissions offer unless you fully intend on attending the school...apparently it can lead to some awkward (but hilarious for those not involved) situations

The #1 thing that I learned from my first visit weekend is to NEVER sign a napkin contract pledging your acceptance of an admissions offer unless you fully intend on attending the school...apparently it can lead to some awkward (but hilarious for those not involved) situations

Completely agree! Apparently professors take these things very very seriously.

To all those still waiting for Boulder - I emailed them today asking about the decision and this is the reply I received:

Hi xxx,

I can tell you that we have received your full application, but that our committee has not yet reviewed your application. Our first round of decisions have gone out at this time, and decisions will continue to be made until about April 1. You will get a letter with their decision as soon as it is made.

Thank you,

Chemasst.

tried calling duke today to find out what's up...got an automated message to pick administration to talk to or just someone in general.  Tried both and both brought me to someones voicemail.  Wish they would let us know what's going on

As far as Duke goes, I vaguely recall meeting two different people this past weekend who said they had gotten into Duke and there was already a visit weekend scheduled. I don't recall the date. Maybe two weeks from now? I suppose this isn't good news but if you haven't been straight up rejected you may be on a wait list so stay optimistic!

Edited by Faraday

tried calling duke today to find out what's up...got an automated message to pick administration to talk to or just someone in general.  Tried both and both brought me to someones voicemail.  Wish they would let us know what's going on

I emailed them today too. Their reply somewhat reminds me on the kind of things you find in fortune cookies :D

In the very near future you will receive an email directing you to view the decision letter in Applicant Self Service.

To all those still waiting for Boulder - I emailed them today asking about the decision and this is the reply I received:

Hi xxx,

I can tell you that we have received your full application, but that our committee has not yet reviewed your application. Our first round of decisions have gone out at this time, and decisions will continue to be made until about April 1. You will get a letter with their decision as soon as it is made.

Thank you,

Chemasst.

I was rejected by Boulder like some two weeks ago, good thing is that they are still considering you as an candidate, hang in there!

Also, received an admission offer from University of Rochester this morning, I recall that someone here is also waiting to hear from them.

I was rejected by Boulder like some two weeks ago, good thing is that they are still considering you as an candidate, hang in there!

Also, received an admission offer from University of Rochester this morning, I recall that someone here is also waiting to hear from them.

Thanks for letting us know  and congratultions :)

Edited by PaulinaTheChemist

Anyone rejected by Cornell? I am waiting.

Grad Cafe Chemistry Cornell results lead only to acceptances for fall 2013, making me worry if I should wait any longer. I have got into a program whose professor's awesome and it's ranked among the top twenty five. But Cornell is a good program too.

Has anyone heard from them? I keep calling them, but no one replies except with answering machine, from Patricia Hine to everyone else. I even email them almost everyday.

I was told on February 12 that decisions were being finalized in a week or two.

It's way past two weeks now and I haven't heard from them. I don't think they're past their schedule. I know my decision is made but I can't wait.

If anyone hears from them please let me know!|