Fall 2013 Chemistry and Biochemistry

Khearts

So I emailed columbia to see if they received my GRE scores, since it still said awaiting on my application status.  They emailed me back saying that they still haven't run the program to match up my GRE score with my application, but they were received.  Does this mean they have yet to begin reviewing my application?  It was submitted before the deadline of December 15th.

They use your uploaded GRE scores for processing, then they use the official scores to confirm.

So I emailed columbia to see if they received my GRE scores, since it still said awaiting on my application status.  They emailed me back saying that they still haven't run the program to match up my GRE score with my application, but they were received.  Does this mean they have yet to begin reviewing my application?  It was submitted before the deadline of December 15th.

Same here. Haven't heard anything from them. 

Rejected by CU Boulder yesterday =(

Now eagerly waiting to hear from UC Davis, or else I am gonna just go ahead and accept the offer from U of Utah, can't wait!

What area of study are you in?

If not mistaken, the area of study that I filled in the application was biochemistry, and all the faculty that I mentioned in my SOP fall in biochemistry category. Are you waiting to hear back from Boulder too?

Edited by zs3889

If not mistaken, the area of study that I filled in the application was biochemistry, and all the faculty that I mentioned in my SOP fall in biochemistry category. Are you waiting to hear back from Boulder too?

No, excited to visit U of Utah! Was curious if you were in Analytical as well.

No, excited to visit U of Utah! Was curious if you were in Analytical as well.

Great! There are several people here will be visiting U of Utah too, maybe you could talk to them and get together during the visiting weekends. I won't be able to attend any visiting weekends so if you found out anything interesting in your visit at U of Utah, regarding the school and the city, hope you are kind of enough to share your information with me! :)

Edited by zs3889

I'm interested in soliciting opinions about the Chemistry Program at Rutgers (New Brunswick): their applicants & attendees seem to be under-represented on the GC forum. 

From what I've seen so far it's a fairly decent school (Top 60 in US News Ranking for Chem) and their Chemistry Dept is well-funded. Does anybody have either 'Don't go my friend had a terrible experience there' or 'I know several chemists who enjoy being there' stories to share? 

Just Heard from Cornell...GREAT!

Are you one of the people that posted in the results section? If so, can you provide more info? I wouldn't think it regular for them to send out notifications on a Sunday.

Has anyone applied to Indiana University - Bloomington chemistry program? Any info about decisions?

I got a confirmation that my application had been received and was being forwarded to the admissions committee several weeks ago, but nothing since then.

Are you one of the people that posted in the results section? If so, can you provide more info? I wouldn't think it regular for them to send out notifications on a Sunday.

I was surprised too, but I got the email on Sunday Feb 10, 6pm Cornell time!

Has anyone applied to Indiana University - Bloomington chemistry program? Any info about decisions?

I got a confirmation that my application had been received and was being forwarded to the admissions committee several weeks ago, but nothing since then.

Same as Faraday...

I turned in my application pretty late, so they emailed me at the end of January that my application was forwarded to the admissions committee. I haven't received any other emails.

Same as Faraday...

I turned in my application pretty late, so they emailed me at the end of January that my application was forwarded to the admissions committee. I haven't received any other emails.

So we have to wait, but it takes quite a long time.

I'm interested in soliciting opinions about the Chemistry Program at Rutgers (New Brunswick): their applicants & attendees seem to be under-represented on the GC forum. 

From what I've seen so far it's a fairly decent school (Top 60 in US News Ranking for Chem) and their Chemistry Dept is well-funded. Does anybody have either 'Don't go my friend had a terrible experience there' or 'I know several chemists who enjoy being there' stories to share? 

I applied there and am waiting for a decision.  I don't know anyone that goes there, but they seem to have a pretty decent program with lots of funding, and a PI that's doing exactly the type of research I'm looking into.  

I'm still waiting to hear from my last two .. seeing as a few people have already heard from these places I'm tempted to think they're going to be rejections. Have a difficult choice to make nonetheless, picked a few visitation weekends to go to. 

...how are people generally going about visitation weekends? are people missing school to go? I don't know how I feel about going from one coast to another in just one weekend.

I'm missing maybe two days of school in total, just depends on when you plan to leave and when your classes are. Then again, I also scheduled one of them during my spring break.