PhD applications for 2013-2014 chit chat...

11Q13

Is anyone rejected from Claremont? It's been my impression that it's not a competitive admission system.

They are certainly not as competitive as programs with full funding and stipends. There aren't any undergrads to make more competitive funding possible. It's too bad because they have a pretty fantastic faculty. But they do reject people. I know of at least two people who applied last year and did not get in. =)

No. I'm not sure, but it didn't sound like anything has been emailed and that everything went out in the mail. Good luck! I doubt that Harvard needs to go into the waiting list at all, though.

A friend was offered by GSAS Religion Committee and he will be turning it down. So, there may be some hope for the Religion waitlist.

A friend was offered by GSAS Religion Committee and he will be turning it down. So, there may be some hope for the Religion waitlist.

Thanks for sharing. Do you happen to know how your friend received the offer (e-mail, post, or phone)? Just curious.

I spoke with the directer of the program at Marquette today and recieved an offer of full tuition and a TA assistantship. My track is JCA with primary interest in New Testament. After two rounds of applications this is a glorious day.

I spoke with the directer of the program at Marquette today and recieved an offer of full tuition and a TA assistantship. My track is JCA with primary interest in New Testament. After two rounds of applications this is a glorious day.

Congrats!

I spoke with the directer of the program at Marquette today and recieved an offer of full tuition and a TA assistantship. My track is JCA with primary interest in New Testament.

After two rounds of applications this is a glorious day.

Congratulations! However, I would think your good news probably significantly diminishes my chances of getting funding off of the the waitlist. Nonetheless, it is great to see that someone who deffered at Marquette got funded. Here's to hoping some folks decline their offers and they want more JCA/NT students!

Hello everyone, I received an invitation with full funding from Duquesne.  Just thought I' d let everyone know.  Anyone know if there's action on the BC waitlist and/or rejections/waitlists from Fordham and Notre Dame?  Thanks, Theo-Be.

Hello everyone, I received an invitation with full funding from Duquesne.  Just thought I' d let everyone know.  Anyone know if there's action on the BC waitlist and/or rejections/waitlists from Fordham and Notre Dame?  Thanks, Theo-Be.

Congrats. I was unfortunately rejected, so unless a miracle happens at UVA, I will have to reapply places next year.

Congrats on Duquesne!

No news from ND for wait lists as far as I know. I haven't heard back from Fordham - is anyone here on their wait list? 

I have not yet heard from Fordham, either.

No news from ND for wait lists as far as I know. I haven't heard back from Fordham - is anyone here on their wait list? 

there are some acceptances for fordham on the results page but no one claimed them...

Was invited (apparently with 2 or 3 others) to a Skype interview this week for an open position in Baylor's New Testament program. The interview is only going to be 15-20 minutes, which I find rather odd; any idea what to expect?

Congrats on Duquesne!

I have not yet heard from Fordham, either.

Scratch this...I just received an e-mail a few seconds ago that I was admitted into Fordham with full funding! Whooooo!

crackthesky:  were you accepted to nd?

No, I haven't heard ANYTHING from ND so I'm assuming I was rejected because I was never offered an interview, either.

Scratch this...I just received an e-mail a few seconds ago that I was admitted into Fordham with full funding! Whooooo!

No, I haven't heard ANYTHING from ND so I'm assuming I was rejected because I was never offered an interview, either.

Wow, congratulations!! I had given up on Fordham, thinking they'd probably have sent out offers already. Maybe there is still hope. 

Wow, congratulations!! I had given up on Fordham, thinking they'd probably have sent out offers already. Maybe there is still hope. 

Thanks so much! Don't lose hope! I just now found out and I know someone who found out last week so I'm not sure what their process is. I didn't even get a phone call...just an e-mail!

Hoping for the best for you!

Thanks so much! Don't lose hope! I just now found out and I know someone who found out last week so I'm not sure what their process is. I didn't even get a phone call...just an e-mail!

Hoping for the best for you!

Thanks. I could really use some hope right now. 

i just got rejected from fordham :(

i just got rejected from fordham :(

Sorry to hear. :(

I still haven't heard. Are Fordham's emails coming from the GSAS? I think I'm prepared for a rejection...