Am Studies/Cultural Studies/Theory 2013

For those of you who applied to William & Mary, I have a friend who just got an acceptance.

Did your friend tell you if it was a MA/PhD or PhD acceptance? I have a MA from that program, so I just wanted to check for those applying. They are likely still sending out PhDs first, then PhDs contingent on MAs.

Hi, 

I am the WSU acceptance, I got the email a few days ago. I visited them two weeks ago--my interview must have went well. It was the only American Studies program I applied to. All of my other programs are in Communication. 

Good luck all! 

Congrats! I will take this to mean that I will most likely get rejected by WSU, since I didn't get an interview or go for a visit.

I apologize if this has already been addressed on here, but does anyone have any news/updates re: the program in Social Thought at UChicago? I see a handful of rejections have been posted on the results board, and one person said that they were notified that they were at the top of the waitlist, but have any acceptance notices actually gone out yet? I am dying to know what is going on with them, if only to come to terms with my almost-certain rejection...

Harvard, are you there? Only one acceptance via phone. I suspect that acceptance letters should have gone out last Thursday or Friday. Rejections get sent out in March. If nothing by Wednesday, I'm calling it. :(

Harvard, are you there? Only one acceptance via phone. I suspect that acceptance letters should have gone out last Thursday or Friday. Rejections get sent out in March. If nothing by Wednesday, I'm calling it. :(

I wish I had acceptances from Irvine, UCSB, and Penn! I definitely wouldn't be :(

Yeahhhhh. Agreed. Shouldn't take too long for a letter to get to me from Boston, either. So after tomorrow I'm going to call this season closed. :( / :)

finally gave in and tried the Magic 8 Ball and it had quite good news for me.

wouldn't it be hilarious to find out that's how candidates are selected? anyone who gets "ask again later" gets wait listed, and definitive answers for everyone else

I wish I had acceptances from Irvine, UCSB, and Penn! I definitely wouldn't be :(

Awwww, thanks for putting things in perspective. <3 I just kind of started falling in love with the idea of staying here with my friends.

finally gave in and tried the Magic 8 Ball and it had quite good news for me.

wouldn't it be hilarious to find out that's how candidates are selected? anyone who gets "ask again later" gets wait listed, and definitive answers for everyone else

Congrats to the Yale admits!!!! AWESOME!

Congrats to the Yale admits and the one Harvard admit. Apparently Magic 8 ball was wrong about Yale. lol But 7/8 is pretty good for a Magic 8 ball. What a great season everyone. It's officially over. Its been great sharing this with all of you.. <3 best to everyone.

had a dream I got accepted into a program I didn't even apply to last night. even in my dream world I was like "wow, that doesn't make any sense because I didn't apply-but that's awesome!"

survey says I may have officially lost it

Hi everyone. A bunch of rejections for UC Davis Cultural Studies programme have appeared on the results board. Has anyone got positive news to share. I applied and have no news...

:unsure:

I don't have any positive news, as I was a recipient of one those rejections. However, seeing as they seem to have sent out quite a few rejection notices today, I'd say the fact that you didn't get one is probably a positive indicator for your chances.

Did anyone else apply to Iowa? I can't be the only one on the board!

Edit: Duh! Sorry, kglad. I was just reminded that you applied to BGSU and Iowa. Any news on when they will start notifying?

Edited by Pericles II.ii.48