Am Studies/Cultural Studies/Theory 2013

I don't have any positive news, as I was a recipient of one those rejections. However, seeing as they seem to have sent out quite a few rejection notices today, I'd say the fact that you didn't get one is probably a positive indicator for your chances.

Sorry to hear about your news...have you other options? As far as my chances go - I've spent my day refreshing and still nothing. I suspect they haven't gotten around to disappointing me yet

Along with Pericles and s0classic, I am waiting for a bunch of replies, most of which are most likely rejections. Has anyone received any acceptances or rejections via snail mail? I am constantly checking my Gmail, and I am hoping that programs don't mail their replies, which would take forever to receive. Also, what about Yale (Amer. Civ.), Brown (Amer. Studies), and U.S.C. (Amer. Studies and Ethnicity), all of which have posted replies on the results page? Any news from these programs?

I would assume we all just have to sit tight and wait for whatever news is to come our way. I've heard nothing on any of mine that I'm waiting on either

Along with Pericles and s0classic, I am waiting for a bunch of replies, most of which are most likely rejections. Has anyone received any acceptances or rejections via snail mail? I am constantly checking my Gmail, and I am hoping that programs don't mail their replies, which would take forever to receive. Also, what about Yale (Amer. Civ.), Brown (Amer. Studies), and U.S.C. (Amer. Studies and Ethnicity), all of which have posted replies on the results page? Any news from these programs?

My Pitt rejection came via snail mail. I've found last year's posts on the results board have been pretty accurate indications of how you'll hear. Based on the number of acceptances posted already, I'd expect the Brown rejections to come through any day now.

Did anyone else applying to Brown's Am Civ PhD say in the personal statement that they were interested in their MA in Public Humanities?

Not me. Any news from them on your front?

Yikes! I figured since people are already hearing from Ivies, and since I already got a fellowship offer from my top choice school, I could email my remaining two (state university) schools to inquire about results timeframes. Having a mini-freakout.

Edited by notaprettygrrrl

Yikes! I figured since people are already hearing from Ivies, and since I already got a fellowship offer from my top choice school, I could email my remaining two (state university) schools to inquire about results timeframes. Having a mini-freakout.

Why are you having a mini-freakout? You got a fellowship offer from your top choice!

Why are you having a mini-freakout? You got a fellowship offer from your top choice!

I don't know. I would still like to have options. I'm usually not very forward about things like that, but I was tired of waiting to hear. Hopefully they don't decide I'm annoying.

Sorry, phigirl, but I'm glad you can feel like it's behind you. Looks like you're only halfway done--surely some good news is on it's way!

most appreciated-cheers to that! I've got a favorite of course (I mean really who doesn't) but I'd be more than happy no matter what. Here's hoping that it's not a really bad week next week!

Did anyone else apply to Iowa? I can't be the only one on the board!

Edit: Duh! Sorry, kglad. I was just reminded that you applied to BGSU and Iowa. Any news on when they will start notifying?

Heya! I just checked my status at the Iowa website. REJECTED. I may receive an email or letter from them later, but they have started to update status online. Posted the rejection to the results page to let others know.

BGSU's app was botched (don't ask. money was a factor), so I will get rejected from them. That leaves U of KS and WSU.

Heya! I just checked my status at the Iowa website. REJECTED. I may receive an email or letter from them later, but they have started to update status online. Posted the rejection to the results page to let others know.

BGSU's app was botched (don't ask. money was a factor), so I will get rejected from them. That leaves U of KS and WSU.

Thank you so much for sharing. This is torture. IDK what happened, but I was locked out of my account and can't access until I call Admissions DURING BUSINESS HOURS. Ugh. I haven't received any news from them, though, so I'm assuming it's a rejection...

I'm sorry about BGSU! Good luck with your last two!

Heya! I just checked my status at the Iowa website. REJECTED. I may receive an email or letter from them later, but they have started to update status online. Posted the rejection to the results page to let others know.   BGSU's app was botched (don't ask. money was a factor), so I will get rejected from them. That leaves U of KS and WSU.
Kglad, have you heard anything yet from WSU? I saw a result or two but haven't heard anything else. Seems like a long time since someone had news.

Kglad, have you heard anything yet from WSU? I saw a result or two but haven't heard anything else. Seems like a long time since someone had news.

I checked on the status at WSU today using the zzusis login. My status is still showing as "submitted."

University of KS also shows as "submitted."

Alternatively, if people decline their Penn State offers, I may be bumped from Wait List to Accepted and that would be exciting :) Here's hoping better news soon, right?

My application says "unavailable" right now. I wonder if they are updating statuses? Let's hope so!

Are you logging into the application page or the Zzusis login for WSU for that status? My status hasn't changed, and I logged into the Zzusis to check just now.

Good luck!

I got an email from Brown telling me they can offer me their unfunded MA (I applied to PhD). I probably can't go cuz it's just too expensive and I already have a MA, but I just cried when I found out I was at least Ivy worthy!!!

I did emailed the professor back to ask for any possibility on TA or RAship. I'm not too optimistic, but I'm still proud!