Acceptance Freakout Thread

I'm wait listed at Minnesota! I'm surprised and humbled. I don't deserve this especially when I see people on this forum with greater acuity than my little self.

Welcome to the club, Porridge!  I am also solidly in that liminal space that is the waitlist.  Still, a lovely feeling to know that someone wants to work with you.  Would you mind sharing your area of interest?  Minnesota actually has interest-specific wait lists, to the best of my understanding.

Minnesota!!! They are killing me!! Someone put me out of my misery... I know someone whose status switched to "Decision Made" Monday and they were rejected today. Mine still says "awaiting program decision." I kind of want to email the DGS and beg them to tell me something. I'm going crazy!

Welcome to the club, Porridge!  I am also solidly in that liminal space that is the waitlist.  Still, a lovely feeling to know that someone wants to work with you.  Would you mind sharing your area of interest?  Minnesota actually has interest-specific wait lists, to the best of my understanding.

New media poetics and 21st century poetry and its intersections with gender and sexuality. I've just posted my stats on the results board - with a confession of errors in my writing sample. 

New media poetics and 21st century poetry and its intersections with gender and sexuality. I've just posted my stats on the results board - with a confession of errors in my writing sample. 

Ah, that sounds really interesting.  Hopefully I'll see you up there!  

New band name! I call it!

tumblr_lsjlxggVlB1qzdttpo1_500.png

5000 Candles in the Wind.

That sounds really in line with Minnesota's strengths, from what I garnered.  What a great program!  Definitely pulling for your acceptance to materialize.

This is probably really weird, but I think my favorite part about everyone getting so many acceptances is that in a few months, everyone will have chosen which one they'll go to and then there will be another flurry of awesome people getting off of waitlists. Happiness all around!

I don't know what just happened, but I got emailed today that I've been accepted off of the waitlist at UNC! Yesterday they'd said it would be a few weeks before I'd have an answer, but maybe a bunch of people with my same interests all just jumped the ship--if you're a person who gave up your spot, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't believe I'm actually going to grad school.  :o

So much for my productivity tonight!

Congrats, of course.  I really hope UNC sends me good news soon!  What's your prospective subfield, if you don't mind my asking?

Congrats to all the acceptances today!

I just got my acceptance to another one of my favourite programs (UConn). Admittedly, they seem to have admitted me into the PhD, as opposed to the MA/PhD, but I am hoping to get that sorted! :D

Congrats!!! Now, it's time to break out the ol' pro and con list! 

New band name! I call it!

tumblr_lsjlxggVlB1qzdttpo1_500.png

Looooool, that was awesome. I would listen to this band.

Congrats to all the acceptances today!

I just got my acceptance to another one of my favourite programs (UConn). Admittedly, they seem to have admitted me into the PhD, as opposed to the MA/PhD, but I am hoping to get that sorted! :D

Woohoo, congratulations! :D Especially since it is one of your favorites--that's awesome!

This is probably really weird, but I think my favorite part about everyone getting so many acceptances is that in a few months, everyone will have chosen which one they'll go to and then there will be another flurry of awesome people getting off of waitlists. Happiness all around!

Awww, that's a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling. If that's the way you see it, it means you're probably a nice, warm, fuzzy(?) person--not a weird (or bad) thing to be at all. I'm psyched to be accepted off of a waitlist and I hope lots of other people can be too!

So much for my productivity tonight!

Congrats, of course.  I really hope UNC sends me good news soon!  What's your prospective subfield, if you don't mind my asking?

Thank you, and I PM'd you! I really hope they come through for you!

Awww, that's a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling. If that's the way you see it, it means you're probably a nice, warm, fuzzy(?) person--not a weird (or bad) thing to be at all. I'm psyched to be accepted off of a waitlist and I hope lots of other people can be too!

Alas, not a warm fuzzy person in real life (I am friendly though!). Something about apps makes me feel all "united we stand, divided we fall." Solidarity!

Dazed and patientagony, why are you both assuming UVA rejections? I haven't seen anything from Virginia on the boards.

Virginia had about five acceptances in the first week of February, so I've assumed I'm not getting one. I think they might have been phone calls.

Out from Minnesota as well. Four more rejections to get, and I can continue working on my next cycle. This will NEVER end.

What's even worse, I'm not even sad. I'm just pissed off at myself for being a moron, and not understanding how this works. UGGH! Next year, at least 10 universities. At least.

Congrats to HHEoS and all other recent acceptees!

I just got my notification of acceptance at Lehigh. It's a bit of a small/unknown/rising program, but it's a very good fit, I think (and so do they)! There is no funding information yet, though.

Edited by asleepawake