2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Nobody's heard anything from Yale yet, have they?

I applied to Yale and have yet to hear anything. Nothing yet from SUNY-Albany or UMass-Amherst either, although their respective departmental website state their notifications arrive late February (UMass) and early March (Albany).

Nobody's heard anything from Yale yet, have they?

I've heard that the admissions committee met this week to finalize their picks. I'm guessing decisions will start going out early next week. The timing seems pretty consistent with previous years.

p.s.: I'm also waiting on a decision from YU.

I've heard that the admissions committee met this week to finalize their picks. I'm guessing decisions will start going out early next week. The timing seems pretty consistent with previous years.

p.s.: I'm also waiting on a decision from YU.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, earlier this month I went through every school's notification dates for prior years and estimated ranges for when they'd send out acceptances. I know it doesn't accomplish anything, but many of you (I'm sure) it makes me feel better to just be doing something.

I'm just impatient and was wondering if anyone had taken more initiative than I and tried getting in touch. 

Any advice for finding out the dates of the NYU open house? I don't know whether or not I'll get in, but if I do, I really want to attend — but I have to buy flights for other schools' open houses. The late acceptance date is making planning challenging. Certainly, there are worse problems to have. But if anyone has suggestions about finding out open house dates, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Any rumors on when the Vanderbilt decisions will be made? 

I got an email on February 13th saying they have been looking at applications and they needed an additional piece of info from me. 

I got an email on February 13th saying they have been looking at applications and they needed an additional piece of info from me. 

Would you mind disclosing more information about this request?  For instance, was it something you may have left out of your application or was it something in addition to all required materials?

Ha! Careful, sometimes notifications come on the weekend. UNC notified my partner on a Saturday.

Indeed!  I noticed Vandy made a few phone calls on a Saturday around this time last year...Of course, this is all per the admissions survey archive.

Does Vanderbilt do phone calls rather than emails?  Vanderbilt and UMass are the only 2 schools left that I applied to who haven't started sending stuff out yet, so I'm anxious to hear back from them.  However, already having an acceptance at a great school with a pretty generous funding offer makes it a little easier.

Would you mind disclosing more information about this request?  For instance, was it something you may have left out of your application or was it something in addition to all required materials?

Yeah, I didn't send my writing sample. Don't know how that happened. But it was an office assistant who sent the message. Not faculty or adcom chair or anything. 

So, UChicago sent out acceptances (over?) a week ago and rejections this week. If I haven't received either, what does that mean? What is your status regarding UChicago?

I have a feeling this week will have a lot of news.... However, tomorrow is a holiday so we may still be waiting a little longer since a lot of schools observe the holiday. Staying patient and hopeful for this week but I'm just ready for a solid yes not just maybes.

So, UChicago sent out acceptances (over?) a week ago and rejections this week. If I haven't received either, what does that mean? What is your status regarding UChicago?

Yeah I am in the same position.  My theories are (1) that there are so many rejections they just haven't sent them all, or (2) we got into the MAPPS thing and well get a different rejection letter. I saw some people talk about Chicago rejections and that they didn't get invited to the MAPPs program either, so maybe that's why some of us haven't been notified.  Who knows?

Sigh, the quiet morning hours Europe time are the hardest. Especially since I'm exhausted as I can't go to sleep at night until I am certain business in the US has closed and no more acceptances will be posted. Even on a Sunday. Roll on 9am Easter Standard Time. 
Waits, I am with you. I've only applied to NYU and CUNY tho... you?

Just got the good news from Rutgers! Could not be more excited, seriously, the faculty there are a really wonderful fit for me. Other folks who interviewed with them should be hearing soon, I'll bet.

Congrats!