2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

I'm with you. Still no word, and of course wondering what that could possibly mean.

This is my first post - I discovered the site after a friend told me about it during the waiting process and wished I had discoverred before I began this process...

I received the NYU rejection on March 11th and Yale rejection yesterday.

I just found out that I've been accepted to NYU's Applied Quantitive Research (AQR) Program (I had applied to the PhD program) with no funding. Does know anything about this program?

Edited by herbie77

Got a letter from York University (Toronto) saying I'm wait listed for Sociology Masters. Very nice letter, made me feel a tiny bit better about graduate applications.

Still waiting for any news from University of Toronto (Soc MA).

wow~I also applied U of T for Sociology M.A,and I am still waiting news from U of T.BTW, I applied as an International student. Are you the local student? Thx~ :)

wow~I also applied U of T for Sociology M.A,and I am still waiting news from U of T.BTW, I applied as an International student. Are you the local student? Thx~ :)

I am waiting as well. Nothing yet :/

Got a letter from York University (Toronto) saying I'm wait listed for Sociology Masters. Very nice letter, made me feel a tiny bit better about graduate applications.

Still waiting for any news from University of Toronto (Soc MA).

I applied to York for socio-legal studies and haven't heard a peep. Hopefully something will come up soon!

No, I am an American student. I haven't heard anything from U of T, I have suspicions that it has something to do with being an international student.

Did anyone here from NYU GSAS or Columbia GSAS? for the MA in IR and Poli Sci....I called and they told me a few MORE weeks... wtf its gonna be April and im gonna be graduating soon with no idea where ill be going? thats ridiculous

No, I am an American student. I haven't heard anything from U of T, I have suspicions that it has something to do with being an international student.
Also still waiting on Toronto. I don't think they've made decisions for international applicants yet.

Rejected from Stanford finally.  Honestly, it's good to know what my options are at this point and not have to factor a waitlist into the process.

So glad to read that you are in a position to move forward with final deliberations! Yay! Do you know which program you're going to choose? Keep us updated.

So glad to read that you are in a position to move forward with final deliberations! Yay! Do you know which program you're going to choose? Keep us updated.

I visit my other program next week, but it's down to 2 schools now.  I will hopefully make a decision after the visit.  

Congrats on making your decision!

Anyone hear of someone not hearing back from a program? Either wait-listed and never told that a spot would not be available or simply not given a response at all? 

Yes, I have heard of this happening.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's happening to me right now...  :angry:

Anyone hear of someone not hearing back from a program? Either wait-listed and never told that a spot would not be available or simply not given a response at all? 

Happened to me. Finally heard from them after April 15th that I was rejected. I primly told them that I had accepted at a better school. I don't regret it either! It only takes a minute to send that email!

I haven't heard anything from a program either! I even emailed them and asked them when they thought decisions would be made... nothing in response.. I am most likely just going to accept another offer because I fell in love with the school when I visited! 

Basically wait listed at Cornell. In a group of 10 or so, and at the top of the list, but only for my stated subfield preference. So...unlikely, but not so unlikely that I'd feel comfortable withdrawing my application. Oh well, at least Yale gave me a little closure.

Would you mind sharing what subfield that is (here or via PM)? I'm in the same boat and think getting off their waitlist may be the only thing that would make me reconsider my planned course of action.

On the acceptance/rejection front, I got denied from the PhD program at NYU but offered entry into the Master's AQR program. All responses are in, so the ball is now in my court. Just made my first declines - AQR at NYU, MAPSS at Chicago, and Duke.

Nah, not just international students. I applied to and haven't heard a thing. I have heard Toronto is just annoyingly slow. We also don't have the April 15 rules up in Canada so it's rather a giant pain in the ass.

It seems like that might be happening to me. The school sent out acceptances over a month ago and sent out rejections in the past two weeks. I haven't heard a peep from them. Is that a sign that I have been waitlisted or a sign that they've forgotten me? Their status page doesn't give a definitive answer either. Anybody know the best course of action here?

Edited by tape_dispenser

I've contacted the department and still haven't heard back. They've also sent out acceptances and rejections. I don't know at this point whether I'll hear before the 15th. This particular school sent out acceptances in early April last year and the year before. Pretty sure it's a no, but also considering the possibility of never hearing...

Did anyone apply to Case Western? I haven't heard anything from them.. I emailed the department two weeks ago and did not receive a response.. has anyone heard from them? Im pretty sure I'm accepting an offer from another school.. but it would be nice to at least know..

Edited by dpu2012

not sure if this is useful to any wait-listed folks, but in case it is...

Today I declined offers from Boston College, Wisconsin, and Irvine.

(I had already declined Pittsburgh & CUNY.)

Glad to hear. Hopefully your talks with Berk folk and people like Flacks were fruitful.