Canadian school applicants

bedmas

Anyone here whose applied to Ryerson for Masters in Journalism or Masters in Professional Communication?

I did, just for ProCom. I was told I was eligible for OGS, so I sent that form in. I haven't heard anything since. Anyone else?

I too have applied to the University of Manitoba, however to an MPA program. Still waiting to hear from them, sent them an email, the only response I got was that all updates will be made through the online system. The anxiety is eating me up

My status for McMaster MA Globalization still has not changed. It's still "application completed". Anyone else applying to McMaster that has the same situation?

My University of Manitoba app says "Application Submitted" and "Complete Department Review" for weeks now. :unsure:

Feb 14th I was accepted to McMaster History MA with funding and a TA position. My application status still says "application submitted".

Accepted by UVic yesterday via e-mail. Likely that this is the offer I'll wind up taking. I will finalize my decision by the weekend.

Congrats!!

I got an (informal) acceptance from UVic yesterday too (or... I guess today at 1am), a professor in the department emailed me that I'd been recommended to be accepted into the Master's with full funding! I don't think I'll be accepting this offer, but the email was very, very nice. I also basically emailed the graduate secretary at SFU yesterday and was like "so... I really want to accept this offer, but am I supposed to... hear from someone in the department, or something...?"

Got my acceptance to McMaster Globalization with 12K funding! :D

I just checked and the status of my application hasn't changed so I guess there's no point in constantly checking, at least for some universities.

Edited by wednesdaynight

Yes I applied to educational psychology in the department of education. Last week I called the department and they told me that the committee sits on Mach 7th, and that I will hear in the beginning of next week.  Of course this is for education, but I recommend just calling your department. I was hesitant about calling thinking that they are probably get so many calls with questions they can't answer, but I ended up receiving really useful answers from all the universities I called (also Ryerson and Brock). 

Thank you! And if you decide to go to UWO I have a two bedroom basement apartment for rent in London Ontario for 850 per month inclusive! Great quiet place. I live upstairs. It is on the bus route with parking private entrance bathtub fully finished and you can walk to the walmart complex with banks restaurants etc. 519 702-5547 it will be available in August. 

I too have applied to the University of Manitoba, however to an MPA program. Still waiting to hear from them, sent them an email, the only response I got was that all updates will be made through the online system. The anxiety is eating me up

I called the Pol Studies dept and the grad secretary said the committee is almost done deliberating so we should expect notifications next week.

my manitoba app is the exact same way! and i got an email from them saying it was complete once it had been marked complete for weeks and had already said "complete department review" for a while... glad it's not just me!

My Man. app was updated last week and now says "Complete Department Review".  Does this mean that a decision regarding my admission has been made?

Accepted to University of Toronto MPP program today (via email)! Small amount of funding offered.

Previously received acceptance for MPA from Dalhouse and Queen's (both with funding); waiting on UofO. Was incredibly excited to hear from Toronto though!

Congrats ldhandred :) I applied to UofT's MPP as well. I was just wondering when you applied and what your stats were like (i.e. location, education, job experience, grades, extracurric, etc.)? I'm worried that I won't get in and I'd like to know what they are looking for so I can start preparing for next year.

Hi H2T,

I'm a Canadian student (PE). Applied in January with a 4.0 GPA in a history/political science honours undergrad, volunteer experience with several nonprofits, lots of extracurriculars at school (societies member, EIC of student newspaper, committees, etc).

Best of luck to you!!

I called the Pol Studies dept and the grad secretary said the committee is almost done deliberating so we should expect notifications next week.

Oohh next week.. well at least I would know if I am in or not.. thanks for the info

My Man. app was updated last week and now says "Complete Department Review".  Does this mean that a decision regarding my admission has been made?

Umm, I think its more like: application complete, department review taking place. Well that's how I interpret it because my status has been that for at least the last one month :/

oh ldhandren, you've got a great gpa. I have great non profit work experience, overseas volunteer experience, a few years experience in the public sector, plus 2great recommendation letters, and an honours public admin with a decent gpa but definitely not like yours. I'm going crazy thinking that they may not like my thesis...maybe I should have gone into more detail. I just hope that they atleast waitlist me if they don't directly accept me into the program. arghhh so nervous

Edited by H2T

I've just received a letter from U of Manitoba telling me that my application has been recommended for admission to the CS Master's program. It's the first answer, still waiting for McMaster, UofT, Carleton and UVic.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but I thought I would check in as I, too, am waiting on a Canadian school... so frustrating.

I'm applying to Theatre/Performance Studies MAs and PhDs. I've applied to UBC, U of T, Northwestern, Tisch (NYU) and Stanford.

I heard back from Northwestern first: a rejection. It's very nerve-wracking to receive bad news before any good news.

BUT! This last weekend, I got admission letters from U of T and Tisch! So exciting! Those were my top two choices. Tisch isn't offering any funding, so I'll be choosing Toronto instead... unless UBC or Stanford come forward and offer big money. Haha, wishful thinking!

How many of you applied for SSHRC? I'm so anxious about it. I know I'm in the final stages of assessment and I just want to know the results RIGHT NOW.

For those of you applying to English at UVic, I did my undergrad there in English Literature and it is a fantastic school! I did the Honours English program and loved every second of it. Feel free to message me with any questions you have about the school, department, profs or the city.

Accepted to University of Toronto MPP program today (via email)! Small amount of funding offered.

Previously received acceptance for MPA from Dalhouse and Queen's (both with funding); waiting on UofO. Was incredibly excited to hear from Toronto though!

first off congrats! i too applied to the MPP at uoft, can i ask what your final year GPA was?

Does anyone have any news from the University of Ottawa? For any program?

Their English department was on the ball; I heard back on February 27th. Mind you, a friend of mine applied to their English MA last year with the same February first deadline and heard back the first week of April with a similar offer to mine. They seem pretty unpredictable. 

first off congrats! i too applied to the MPP at uoft, can i ask what your final year GPA was?

Currently completing the final year of my undergrad. My final year GPA (to date) and overall GPA at the time of application was 4.0 . 

I did, just for ProCom. I was told I was eligible for OGS, so I sent that form in. I haven't heard anything since. Anyone else?

I havent even heard from them regarding that!

So scary...Have you called the admissions or anyone for an inquiry?

Does anyone have any news from the University of Ottawa? For any program?

I applied to two MA programs there and I haven't heard back anything yet. I also haven't heard from their law schools.

I've been accepted to Queen's and Osgoode for law and Queen's MPA program so my application can't suck that much (which is always my greatest fear, haha). I guess they are just unpredictable. 

Good luck!