Canadian school applicants

bedmas

I havent even heard from them regarding that!

So scary...Have you called the admissions or anyone for an inquiry?

I haven't contacted anyone directly yet. Based on past forum responses I don't expect to hear from them until April. After that, I can't make any promises.. I'll might email/call them then.

I'm pretty surprised by the short deadline for accepting Canadian offers! SFU gave me 21 days, and UVic only gave 13. The UVic offer won't expire after 13 days, but the funding offer will. I guess this isn't something to complain about, but I'm just surprised.

People that got into Queen's... did you find out through e-mail or did your status on the website change?

Mine still says 'application complete' 

I found out first via email (one from the department, then a generalized admission email). My status on the website changed from "application complete" to "offer" a couple of days later. Best of luck to you!!

I found out first via email (one from the department, then a generalized admission email). My status on the website changed from "application complete" to "offer" a couple of days later. Best of luck to you!! 

May I ask what program this was for? 

This was for the Queen's MPA program.

Ah ok. I'm waiting on the sociology MA program.

Apparently the department has made their decisions but they are just waiting on the Dean of Graduate Studies to sign off on it. So... if not tomorrow I should hear by next week. 

At least I hope so... 

Heard back from UToronto. I called them and they indicated they couldnt take me on as a student. Competition is fierce there. Still waiting on UOttawa crim but got a call from a prof there yesterday probing about my funding offer from UAlberta. Looking good :)

Exactly the same situation for me, I also got into Queen's MPA program. Did you receive any funding offer yet??

Still did not hear from any of the applied schools. None of the professor contacted me.

I think this year I will be left empty handed. Help me God.I am totally depressed now.  :mellow:  :(  :(  :(  :(

Exactly the same situation for me, I also got into Queen's MPA program. Did you receive any funding offer yet??

I have not.

I emailed the program coordinator at Queen's yesterday to see if I could find out specifics about funding, as I have an offer from the UofT MPP program that requires a response by April 1. Unfortunately, she told me that all she could say was that the minimum would be $3,000 (highest likely $10,000), but that funding decisions have not been made. She said the department "hoped to have something out by the beginning of April."

( A little late in my mind, which I find unfortunate. )

Still did not hear from any of the applied schools. None of the professor contacted me.

I think this year I will be left empty handed. Help me God.I am totally depressed now.  :mellow:  :(  :(  :(  :(

Which program at UOttawa?

I'm pretty surprised by the short deadline for accepting Canadian offers! SFU gave me 21 days, and UVic only gave 13. The UVic offer won't expire after 13 days, but the funding offer will. I guess this isn't something to complain about, but I'm just surprised.

I agree. McMaster only gave me 14 days to confirm. Hopefully Umanitoba notifications will REALLY be sent next week.

I got an email inviting me to the University of Ottawa's open house on March 22. They wouldn't send that email out to rejects, would they?

I got the same email. I know for a fact the PhD committee is sitting today for their criminology department so no choices have been made on the cohort. So, the invitation is likely a general invitation to all applicants.

Anyone hear from the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Carleton University (specifically for the Sociology MA)? I know that the Sociology MA selection committee met this past Monday, but the folks at Postdoctoral and Graduate Studies aren't giving me much to go on in terms of final decisions.

I've  received an unofficial offer from the Department of Sociology at York U. They seem interested (I received personalized e-mails with Faculty and a PhD student CC'd!), but I want to hear from Carleton before committing to anything.

Any Sociology MA candidates seriously considering Carleton?

Anyone hear from the Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Carleton University (specifically for the Sociology MA)? I know that the Sociology MA selection committee met this past Monday, but the folks at Postdoctoral and Graduate Studies aren't giving me much to go on in terms of final decisions.

I've  received an unofficial offer from the Department of Sociology at York U. They seem interested (I received personalized e-mails with Faculty and a PhD student CC'd!), but I want to hear from Carleton before committing to anything.

Any Sociology MA candidates seriously considering Carleton?

Im actually an MA student there now. It's a really good program. I have collegues waiting on the PhD program who havent heard back yet. If you have questions about the program PM me.

Anyone who is waiting for Master's of Anthropology at U of T or Calgary, I've talked to both departments and they are meeting on Monday.

Good luck!

Still haven't heard from any of the schools I applied to, but based on the results page no one has heard from those programs yet. Apparently I just applied to the slow pokes. Wait is coming up on 3 months. Oh well. Maybe next week?