Canadian school applicants

bedmas

Got email acceptance from MA Political Science at Carleton today - my status was recommended for assessment before that.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Sooooo jealous! You are the first that I am aware of to hear from Carleton for any program!

I keep checking my carleton central HOPING for it to be changed. What was the status changed to? Offer of Admission? I'm just curious.

I received an offer of admission from a PhD program at Carleton (yay!!) and here is the sequence of statuses I saw:

1. Preliminary review required
2. Review in progress by department
3. Recommended for assessment
4. Undergoing assessment by department (or some similar wording - can't remember exactly)
5. Undergoing assessment by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs
6. Decision made by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs: application approved

Application status may not always be kept up to date so don't lose hope. Also, heads up for anyone applying to Carleton, I didn't receive an email. I just saw the offer of admission under 'application details'.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by booksnlooks

I received an offer of admission from a PhD program at Carleton (yay!!) and here is the sequence of statuses I saw:

4. Undergoing assessment by department (or some similar wording - can't remember exactly)

6. Decision made by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs: application approved

Application status may not always be kept up to date so don't lose hope. Also, heads up for anyone applying to Carleton, I didn't receive an email. I just saw the offer of admission under 'application details'.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!

Did you receive the offer today? What program did you apply to?

Good luck everyone!

Oh, thanks for posting this! Those statuses don't mean much out of context. Now I know a bit more what to expect.

Congrats on your admission!

I applied for the PhD program in History at the University of Western Ontario and I'm still waiting. Does anyone know if they've sent out admissions yet? All my status says is that I've applied

Edited by fancy35

Aaaah, just another thing to anxiously await! Haha although I suppose OGS funding is a moot point if the university admissions offers haven't even come out yet... I promise to post as soon as I hear anything. :)

For those who received offers from Carleton - did you apply for any external funding? ie/ SSHRC or OGS? I read online that OGS results will be released in the next few weeks...

I didn't apply, Carleton sent me an email recommending I apply after I put in my application, but they would have required a second set of references from professors who already wrote me 6 letters (and I know one of them has over 150 letters to write this cycle!), so I didn't want to ask them. 

Good luck to those applying!!

Has anyone heard anything from UBC Statistics Department yet? I haven't seen any PhD offers being reported...

I saw someone get accepted into the Masters a few weeks back in the results, but I haven't seen phd yet! I hear UBC is notoriously slow?

My status for McMaster MA Globalization still has not changed. It's still "application completed". Anyone else applying to McMaster that has the same situation?

My University of Manitoba app says "Application Submitted" and "Complete Department Review" for weeks now. :unsure:

My status for McMaster MA Globalization still has not changed. It's still "application completed". Anyone else applying to McMaster that has the same situation?

My University of Manitoba app says "Application Submitted" and "Complete Department Review" for weeks now. :unsure:

my manitoba app is the exact same way! and i got an email from them saying it was complete once it had been marked complete for weeks and had already said "complete department review" for a while... glad it's not just me!

my manitoba app is the exact same way! and i got an email from them saying it was complete once it had been marked complete for weeks and had already said "complete department review" for a while... glad it's not just me!

My Manitoba app also looks like that and I've received my official acceptance (i'm not in either of y'all's field though). seems like checking the page is not gonna be your first tip off so it'd be best to just check your email 30 times a day.

My Manitoba app also looks like that and I've received my official acceptance (i'm not in either of y'all's field though). seems like checking the page is not gonna be your first tip off so it'd be best to just check your email 30 times a day.

Thanks for the info!

Do you mind if I ask when your application was due/when you got accepted? I have another offer that I want to accept but I'm not sure if Manitoba will let me know soon, or if I should just withdraw my application.

I applied for the PhD program in History at the University of Western Ontario and I'm still waiting. Does anyone know if they've sent out admissions yet? All my status says is that I've applied

Yes I applied to educational psychology in the department of education. Last week I called the department and they told me that the committee sits on Mach 7th, and that I will hear in the beginning of next week.  Of course this is for education, but I recommend just calling your department. I was hesitant about calling thinking that they are probably get so many calls with questions they can't answer, but I ended up receiving really useful answers from all the universities I called (also Ryerson and Brock). 

Do you mind if I ask when your application was due/when you got accepted? I have another offer that I want to accept but I'm not sure if Manitoba will let me know soon, or if I should just withdraw my application.

due December 15th and I believe I got my email on Feb 28th

Hey guys - if there is anyone waiting on Queens sociology MA admissions, I contacted the school and they said the decisions have been made but they are just waiting on word from the dean of graduate studies to consider the admits for funding. Should be hearing late this week or early next.

I'm so nervous!!