What should you be doing right now?

woosah

I can think of at least 7 things I should be doing right now instead of surfing these forums, including revising sections of my honors thesis...

Instead of blocking this site via my web browser to save me from my own lack of focus, I decided to start a new topic! So, what should YOU be doing right now??

What a great topic!  What are you trying to do?  Make us feel guilty?  Okay, what should I be doing... a lot things...

• Cleaning
  • Filling out my son's college apps. (Wouldn't it burn if he got in before I did?)
  • Working on my third novel (should have finished it a year ago!)

There's more to the list, but suffice it to say....you have guilted me into getting something done tonight.  Darn you!  :P

I should be working on my honours thesis, reviewing some undergrad papers for journals, and drinking more coffee so I can get more work done? Instead I'm already in my PJs and browsing these forums... I'm sensing something a bit off here...

Eager, shouldn't your son be filling out his college apps?  :P

You are so right.  I actually need to fill out financial aid parts and thing of that nature, but if I were to be honest, I actually am doing a little more than I should.  i just want him to succeed so badly....I'll get him to fill some papers out tomorrow!  Can you believe it...I'm going to a Ph.D program and my baby is going to college!  :blink:

Let's see here... Writing chapter drafts for my honors thesis, studying for the exam I have in four fours, emailing people about an upcoming Psi Chi meeting (had a dream last night that I forgot to get the food for the meeting and everyone left), contacting honorary societies on campus for an upcoming Phi Kappa Phi event, studying for a test on Tuesday, scheduling more control participants for my thesis, updating my data analysis program... oh, and exercising! I think I've gained about 15 pounds through this whole grad school application thing! 

What I SHOULDN'T be doing: obsessively refreshing the results pages while nervously chomping on twizzlers. 

today is my first day of construction monitoring (aka trying to convince a lot of men who are twice my size in every dimension, and seasoned professionals in the use of large machinery, that the very small 22 yo. lady in front of them in comically oversized carhartts is, in fact, in charge of them) for an area that i'm super interested in, and has some potential to be a cool prehistoric spot. so, obviously, instead of reviewing my casework and draft figures, drinking coffee, or sharpening my trowels, i'm scrolling through the forum...

update: lucky me! project delayed until tomorrow thanks to some cruddy weather. though, that said, i did get a different big project assigned -- pretty much the closest thing i'll get to a promotion in this job, as i'm not eligible for a real promotion -- so i'm not sure whether i'm grateful to have a distraction from the two-tiered grad school/summer job waiting game, or if it's just another thing that i'm going to cram into my brainhole and stress myself out with more..

Edited by pears

I should probably be working on writing the background section or coding data for a study I'm working on with some faculty where I work since we have a meeting tomorrow but here I am on the forums