Any Conspiracy Theories out there?

CP3

So, as we wait to hear decisions from schools, does anyone have any conspiracy theories out there?

Meaning, any irrational OR rational thoughts on the admission process are invited!

Obama is responsible for ALL rejections.

Buahahaha THANKS, OBAMA. Anyone else seen that video?

I have this paranoid visual of someone accidentally dropping my application down an elevator shaft and then shrugging it off like "eh..."

Given that everything is electronic now, I don't know why this idea haunts me.

Admissions committees spend all their time trying to find SOMETHING wrong with every applicant, because they get their jollies from doing the rejecting.  They are drunk with power!  So even if you have great grades, a super SoP, and awesome LoRs, they will hunt for that C you got in first year, that unexplained 5 month gap in your resume (which TOTALLY means you were in prison, not just working at Starbucks while you looked for your first career job), or if you bugged the program secretary too much while you were preparing your application, or if they didn't like the cut of your jib at interview.  You CANNOT put a single foot wrong or you will be TOAST.  Admissions committees love nothing better than crushing your hopes and dreams!

Admissions committees spend all their time trying to find SOMETHING wrong with every applicant, because they get their jollies from doing the rejecting.  They are drunk with power!  So even if you have great grades, a super SoP, and awesome LoRs, they will hunt for that C you got in first year, that unexplained 5 month gap in your resume (which TOTALLY means you were in prison, not just working at Starbucks while you looked for your first career job), or if you bugged the program secretary too much while you were preparing your application, or if they didn't like the cut of your jib at interview.  You CANNOT put a single foot wrong or you will be TOAST.  Admissions committees love nothing better than crushing your hopes and dreams!

Yep! Or that the adcomms go through apps alphabetically...and by the time they get to the end of the alphabet (like me), they've already filled every seat & the waitlist!

Yep! Or that the adcomms go through apps alphabetically...and by the time they get to the end of the alphabet (like me), they've already filled every seat & the waitlist!

Then I am happy my name would be near the top. The funny thing is that my name in my native language always puts me at the end of (almost) every alphabetical list.

Ooh, I like that one. Mainly because it sounds plausible D:

I think it's kind of like the Price is Right---the committee members chose random numbers, then the closest one runs up to the spinning wheel. Once they spin the wheel, they wait to see where it lands, and the decision is made!

One of my recommenders had his secretary send out my recs, so for a while when I hadn't heard back from anywhere I thought she might have sent something else instead - maybe her own bad recommendation, or an inappropriate picture.  I got a call from a professor at one of the schools I applied to saying that my application is strong, so I guess that's not the case.

One of my recommenders had his secretary send out my recs, so for a while when I hadn't heard back from anywhere I thought she might have sent something else instead - maybe her own bad recommendation, or an inappropriate picture.  I got a call from a professor at one of the schools I applied to saying that my application is strong, so I guess that's not the case.

Eeek, that would be stressful! One of my schools doesn't do online recs, so I panicked that they might have gotten lost in the mail/sent to the wrong place/ accidentally thrown away. :( I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you, though!! Good luck!

After throwing darts and searching for any and every flaw in an application, the adcoms then proceed to select an unfortunate few who, despite being rejected, hear nothing while others report their outcomes. They feed on breeding insecurity. They enjoy the slow torture. 

The Obama one is pretty plausible too. haha!

trying to find a non-offensive way to tie in the pope's retirement here..

but i'm not too creative after a 12 hour workday, so i'm going to say damn the man! and blame obama, too. it's always dat durned gubmint!

Two words: Admissions Problems.

Anyone who spends any amount of time reading that blog will think EVERYTHING about admissions is a giant conspiracy.

Aaaand now I've just lost two hours of my evening. And a lot of tea, spewed over my keyboard, while laughing!

Two words: Admissions Problems.

Anyone who spends any amount of time reading that blog will think EVERYTHING about admissions is a giant conspiracy.

Wow...just decided what I will be reading tomorrow in between listening to high school seniors complain about how I need to help them come up with 3 essays and 3 recommendations by Feb. 15 so they can get into college ( today is the 12). 

I heard that everyone in this forum is being monitored by their dream POIs and will be called for interviews based on their posts :ph34r:  

This would work for me!  :rolleyes: