When did you receive your official acceptance?

TippyGradHopeful

The gap between unofficial acceptance, e-mailed acceptance, mailed acceptance, and all those extra random post acceptance emails about your new student ID or checking your new email, etc - it all seems really variable.  I sometimes have gotten everything within 24 hours and sometimes there is an excruciating gap where you hear you've been accepted but you have no idea what the details are (funding, student visit, if it's real or if it's a grad application induced fantasy) and you begin to descend into madness.  That's where I'm at now, so I totally feel your pain.  I think the more you care about the particular school, the longer the wait until you get the information you crave.  It's without a doubt a massive anti-overachiever conspiracy.

I second the department acceptance. I've found consistently that I hear back from the department much faster than the actual university. I was told that there are plenty of logistical annoyances that can hold up formal paperwork, so don't be too worried.

I didn't apply this season, but when I did only 1 school gave me the head's up for an unofficial acceptance.  And that's the school I currently attend.  My other acceptances were official only. 

Anyway, there was a 3-4 week gap between my unofficial and formal acceptance.

For one school, it was two weeks between unofficial acceptance (phone interview) and official department email with scanned letter. Haven't gotten any mail yet though. Unofficial acceptance was Jan 16.

I received another unofficial acceptance and tuition waver+TA (voice mail, then phone call) four days ago. I was told the official letter should be here in the next week, but I haven't gotten it yet.

I found out I was accepted on the website around Feb 10th, then got the email acceptance on Feb 13th, and the postal acceptance Feb 19th.  It really does vary though.

I was told I was accepted January 22nd. Just received the official department acceptance letter this past Saturday (so abut a month after), and have yet to receive the Grad School letter. But I can wait as long as necessary, because I'm in! And ridiculously excited! :)

Still no official Grad School letter for my first department acceptance in mid-January, I sometimes wonder if they are waiting for me to accept the departmental offer first and possibly cut down on unnecessary paperwork in case I decline lol

"By way of introduction, I am the director of the magazine writing program and I’m writing to tell you how impressed I am by your application. Your essay was well-written and compelling.

At this stage I am reaching out to the most promising candidates to say that I would be happy to speak with you and answer questions about the magazine program. 

yadda yadda yadda, ends with ....' I look forward to speaking with you and appreciate your interest.""

I received this email about 10 days after I submitted my application. I called her and spoke with her, asking some questions, but my question to you all is.....would you consider this an unofficial acceptance? Or not quite.  Can I get excited yet???

Also she invited me to visit the campus and I'm actually sitting in on a class today!!! So excited.