Waiting for Guffman (the waitlist thread)

^ Reading that makes me actually really glad I didn't have any especially tough choices to make (Yale vs Chicago vs Berkeley, for example--which would be a deathmatch between my three top choices). Congratulations on being able to make a reasoned choice, though--I recall Berkeley had offered you some excellent terms.

Dude SOO many congrats on Yale, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic experience! :D and yeah Berkeley's package was pretty stellar, but Irvine raised it by a bunch - 6yr guaranteed funding, fee remission with >30k stipend most of the years. I'm going to have to work my behind off to feel like I've earned it, and if any of you find yourselves nearby, drinks are on me :) lol. 

The DGS at the school I'm waitlisted at has been emailing me with daily updates. I appreciate the good news (thus far), but I swear each email gives me a mini heart attack!

I'm in the exact same boat! So kind of them to be in touch, but sheesh-- it's nervewracking!

I almost wish I was in this boat... My WL has been relatively silent. I have a compulsion to Email them (with the blatant intention of the "don't forget me" hand flail,") but can't, at this point, think of a reasonable excuse to do so.

I also fear the heart attack asking for actual movement news would induce.

...Does anyone else feel like they're literally going crazy?

I almost wish I was in this boat... My WL has been relatively silent. I have a compulsion to Email them (with the blatant intention of the "don't forget me" hand flail,") but can't, at this point, think of a reasonable excuse to do so.

yes. 

I am waitlisted at Rochester as well and I have not heard anything either. I will be taking myself off the list when I make a decision in the coming days, however. If I am accepted before then, I am about 98% sure I will decline. Good luck! I hope you get the spot! It looks like a wonderful program.

Edited by asleepawake

Okay.. so, obviously, other people are frustrated, and anxious, too.

But has anyone else had a similar experience of not getting responses from the DGS/Chairperson/Associate Chairperson? I was encouraged to contact this person, and yet, have received no response whatsoever after two e-mails.

I hate that I most likely am not going to get any offer of funding, and if I do, I will have to decide the same day I find out. I also hate the idea of applying again, even though there is a small part of me that would like to expand my applications.

Holy smokes, guys-- I just got the good word from UCLA! Can't believe it!

I'll be turning down an offer from UT Austin tonight. Hope that helps someone (I'm looking at you ErnestPWorrell)! Keep your heads up!

That's amazing; congrats!!! It would have been nice to see you at UT (did we meet at visit weekend?), but it's awesome that you got the school that you really wanted.

I'll be turning down an offer from UT Austin tonight. Hope that helps someone (I'm looking at you, ErnestPWorrell)! Keep your heads up!

Woohoo so stoked for you!

I am waitlisted at Rochester as well and I have not heard anything either. I will be taking myself off the list when I make a decision in the coming days, however. If I am accepted before then, I am about 98% sure I will decline. Good luck! I hope you get the spot! It looks like a wonderful program.

Thanks so much for the well-wishes.  It does look like a wonderful program, and a nice city.  I hope you ended up at the place you want to be; you have some really great acceptances. :)

Also it makes me feel a bit better that someone else is getting the radio silence too--maybe they just don't start any form of notifying until they know how many spots they'll for sure have open. (not that I'm glad you haven't heard anything, just glad it's not only me).

this one goes out to you: 

I work at a major corporation right now as a copywriter. Today I had a paper jam in the printer and thought of Office Space's hilarious use of hardcore 90s hip-hop. This completes the theme for my day. 

I'll be turning down an offer from UT Austin tonight. Hope that helps someone (I'm looking at you, ErnestPWorrell)! Keep your heads up!

Also, gwarner13, how's it feel to be a gangster? 

I work at a major corporation right now as a copywriter. Today I had a paper jam in the printer and thought of Office Space's hilarious use of hardcore 90s hip-hop. This completes the theme for my day. 

Also, gwarner13, how's it feel to be a gangster? 

Bah! This is one of my favorite songs. Someone asked me if I had a constant song playing in my head one time, and I told them, most assuredly, it was this one: