Fall 2014 Applicants

CrazyCatLady80

Thanks! I hope people keep sending tips on cohort sizes.

To say it is "updated constantly" would unfortunately be an understatement.

Idk if this helps but I was told unc greensboro takes "4-5 new doctoral applicants" all US history, though.

Good luck everyone :)

Here comes U Chicago....

I just saw that posting, too. Based on previous years' results, January 31 is 1-2 weeks early for notification from the University of Chicago. I suppose it is possible that some decisions are known that early and that a professor was eager to contact an admitted student.

If last year is any indication, Princeton and Columbia are among the top programs that might send out acceptances later this week. Chicago was a week later last year, but in 2012 acceptances went out February 8.

Edited by guineu

I just saw that posting, too. Based on previous years' results, January 31 is 1-2 weeks early for notification from the University of Chicago. I suppose it is possible that some decisions are known that early and that a professor was eager to contact an admitted student.

If last year is any indication, Princeton and Columbia are among the top programs that might send out acceptances later this week. Chicago was a week later last year, but in 2012 acceptances went out February 8.

Last year seems to be a good place to look but definitely not the rule on when things are going to come out...Berkeley, Madison, and Oklahoma all had offiicial offers out in late January last year and seem to be a bit behind....just gotta wait for whatever comes!

My anxiety level is obscenely high. I haven't been this nervous about anything in almost a decade.

thedig13, seems like even most Harvard people get POI emails before their snail mail letter arrives.

red4tribe, it's impossible not to be anxious, but I wouldn't worry yet. It's only just time for most of them to start coming, and still early for many more.

Any ideas about Yale? There has only been one posting this year (an interview around January 21, I think) The past two years they've notified acceptances around Feb 6th/7th-ish, and rejections mid-Feb.

Don't know much but I'm waitin!

From what I've seen/heard, Harvard is the only program that does snail mail.

UW-Madison does snail mail as well.  Seems cruel at this stage in the game.  

If last year is any indication, three of the six programs to which I've applied could drop acceptances this week.  I. am. freaking. out.