Fall 2014 Applicants

CrazyCatLady80

Santa Barbara update: Their office told me 'no final decisions yet, but letters should start going out next week.'

There are a number of acceptances up, which terrifies me, as I know I had a sponsor there who recommended me to the Dept.

It's the end of the week. And I expected more news! Is there terrible weather in America?

I guess I thought to hear from several schools this week! Based on the result page from looking at 2013/2012 and earlier

Remember that it's only 9:45 am in the eastern US right now. It is true that multiple schools released results on the first Thursday in February in previous years. But it seems likely that some results will come later today, and many were released the second week in February last year, too. Try to find something to do so the wait doesn't kill you. I am currently in the middle of a very long walk to explore a part of town I have never been to.

IUB people, news directly from the History department: "We will be contacting applicants on a rolling basis for the next two weeks, I believe, and the vast, vast majority of people should hear from us by the end of the third week this month."

IUB people, news directly from the History department: "We will be contacting applicants on a rolling basis for the next two weeks, I believe, and the vast, vast majority of people should hear from us by the end of the third week this month."

haha did you contact them? Looking forward to hearing from them by the end of the month then!

haha did you contact them? Looking forward to hearing from them by the end of the month then!

I did. I figured they could reject me on the spot if they wanted, or wait. I hope to get in, but I have a lot of other things on my plate now so I just want to know. :P Congrats on UW:M- I haven't heard and thus assume rejection there.

Edit: Davis decisions have been made, and advisers are contacting students. I don't think it's officially in the system for a while... it took over a month for me to get the official system message.

Edited by CageFree

Davis acceptances are out. 

as in by email or online somewhere? or as in you know they have sent out all of their first round acceptances?

just curious because I have nothing up on my application status page (the one that showed about what materials you are missing) and on the app site itself it just said "submitted" still but that seems to really just be where you apply not see status... thanks for your help.

Edited by catsandscarves

I believe advisers have been contacting students. Davis seems to do an early round first for fellowship consideration.

Alright so might be in waves then...what a relief ha I am find being funded in other ways (actually in almost any way!) so have no reason to really worry if I haven't heard anything (at least YET)....Thanks for the update. Definitely appreciate it and keep em coming!

Edited by catsandscarves

There are a number of acceptances up, which terrifies me, as I know I had a sponsor there who recommended me to the Dept.

I believe I did as well. Perhaps we're just not in the first pick round. Certainly a number of the people (like the person who got 6/6 acceptances) are likely to choose something else.

Very true. Good luck to the both of us! :)

I am also curious if they just got emails, what was said in the emails, and whether their online apps were updated. I got an email from my POI quite a while ago.

Edited by tenguru

as in by email or online somewhere? or as in you know they have sent out all of their first round acceptances?

just curious because I have nothing up on my application status page (the one that showed about what materials you are missing) and on the app site itself it just said "submitted" still but that seems to really just be where you apply not see status... thanks for your help.

No idea whether they have sent out all, but I got an email from the Chair. The application status page says it's "under review." 

I believe advisers have been contacting students. Davis seems to do an early round first for fellowship consideration.

agh! thats too bad. I actually waited until after the deadline to send my transcripts (which is what the site said to do). Its also surprising since the deadline was 3 weeks ago.

agh! thats too bad. I actually waited until after the deadline to send my transcripts (which is what the site said to do). Its also surprising since the deadline was 3 weeks ago.

mujereslibres, I think it's really surprising! Absolutely did not expect to hear anything so soon. 

I sent my transcripts out a couple of weeks before the deadline, anticipating they'd take a couple of weeks to reach so would be there after I'd submitted my application. They took three and a half weeks to reach (thank you very much, customs office, for hanging onto an envelope for a week). Sounds like they don't care if those materials are late... and they're probably still reviewing files, so don't worry. All the best, I hope you get good news soon! 

anyone hear anything back from Stanford's History department yet? Interviews? etc?? I think (if they follow past years) they will call/email admits this thursday

I haven't heard anything from Stanford yet. 

Has anyone heard any more about the Georgetown admits/rejects? Anyone?

Maybe someone here can help me! I applied to Tennessee and the website now says "decision made" and underneath it reads "admit term: Fall 2014." Does this mean I was accepted?

That's how I'd read it -- one program I applied to for my M.A. had me listed as "matriculated" before I received any sort of acceptance notification.  It could just mean that there's a decision and that they'll notify you of it soon, but it sounds hopeful!