Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

25 minutes ago, seaglass0025 said:

Did they tell you when you'd be hearing back? Only the scholarship recipients have heard so far right?

I haven't received any notification yet even the call for interview . They told me that my application is under review right now.

What scholarship did you apply?

16 minutes ago, Ardent_PhD said:

I haven't received any notification yet even the call for interview . They told me that my application is under review right now.

What scholarship did you apply?

Oh no, what I meant was general funding...my feeling is that all the folks who have received full or partial scholarship funding have been notified so far. But the regular admits without might not be informed yet. 

Good luck Ardent! Hope you hear from them soon. Did you email them or call them?

2 minutes ago, seaglass0025 said:

Oh no, what I meant was general funding...my feeling is that all the folks who have received full or partial scholarship funding have been notified so far. But the regular admits without might not be informed yet. 

Good luck Ardent! Hope you hear from them soon. Did you email them or call them?

I emailed them a month ago on 14th Mar.

Did you apply for the President scholarship?

25 minutes ago, Ardent_PhD said:

I emailed them a month ago on 14th Mar.

Did you apply for the President scholarship?

No, I didn't! I wasn't aware that there were other opportunities aside from the funding that all applicants are considered for. Is this only for MPAs and PhDs?

31 minutes ago, Ardent_PhD said:

I think the President scholarship is for both Masters and PhDs.

I hope we will get the notification soon.

Are you on Facebook?

Yes, I hope so too Ardent! Hang in there!! 

And yes, I am on facebook and following. 

I see that the Presidential Scholarship is only for Singaporeans, which explains why I've been oblivious about it! I'm international. 

Edited by seaglass0025

46 minutes ago, Awaitin84 said:

Hi

i have applied for Mpp at lky. My interview was held on 14 Feb. Any responses yet on admissions. 

Very nervous

Some people got admission with scholarship. Others are waiting hopefully next batch will hear from them on Monday

Thanks aemi. Do you know how many and if they were for Mpp. Sorry I may be asking the wrong question. But just hoping if you have any knowledge. Because in the forum not many have heard yet. 

8 hours ago, Awaitin84 said:

Thanks aemi. Do you know how many and if they were for Mpp. Sorry I may be asking the wrong question. But just hoping if you have any knowledge. Because in the forum not many have heard yet. 

Seems like from the facebook page there was a mixture of MPA and MPP applicants who were admitted! 

Edited by seaglass0025

Thanks seaglass. I had written to them and just heard back. They said they are announcing the results in batches until May. by the end of May they will update the systems and unsuccessful candidates will be informed. 

Well I hope I do hear from them

Sorry guys for the late reply.Got a mail one week back about my rejection.I am a bit disappointed as i wanted to get into LKY but i am trying for other universities.Good luck to all here .May we all achieve what we desire

Sorry to hear about that kislay88. But at least they sent you something. My first preference is lky and I have offers from universities in the uk which I can't accept till I hear from lky. I followed up again today and they said they can't help me before end of May by when I would've lost out on the other university offers too. Really confused and on tenterhooks 

4 hours ago, kislay88 said:

Sorry guys for the late reply.Got a mail one week back about my rejection.I am a bit disappointed as i wanted to get into LKY but i am trying for other universities.Good luck to all here .May we all achieve what we desire

Hi kislay88. What was the Content of rejection email. I got an email from apply@lkyspp.com about change in my email subscription and next year's admissions opening in August. Is it rejection like you received?

6 hours ago, Awaitin84 said:

Sorry to hear about that kislay88. But at least they sent you something. My first preference is lky and I have offers from universities in the uk which I can't accept till I hear from lky. I followed up again today and they said they can't help me before end of May by when I would've lost out on the other university offers too. Really confused and on tenterhooks 

Feeling your pain right now...my deadline to accept offers from other schools is this week. LKY told me they would let me know by late April, Early May. Not sure why the dates they are telling all of us is so arbitrary and mixed. 

Thinking about putting deposit down for one of my schools for the time being, you? 

Absolutely. I get a feeling that they are waiting for the first set of students to either accept or decline. Based on that they will reach out to the next batch as per seats available. I have asked for an extension of two weeks from my university of second preference and they have very kindly agreed to that. I am hoping by then I should have something. If not, then I am going ahead with my deposit. 

2 minutes ago, Awaitin84 said:

Absolutely. I get a feeling that they are waiting for the first set of students to either accept or decline. Based on that they will reach out to the next batch as per seats available. I have asked for an extension of two weeks from my university of second preference and they have very kindly agreed to that. I am hoping by then I should have something. If not, then I am going ahead with my deposit. 

You are so fortunate! I've asked one of my schools and they refused...the tuition deposit is also astronomical. Do you think they're processing applications with any sort of order? Perhaps preference on their part of students? It's frustrating that we're getting varying answers as to when we will be hearing back.