Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

On 20/2/2560 at 1:45 AM, BharathY said:

Dear Thanapoomped, can you share us the topic that you received as case study?

Thanx in advance

On 20/2/2560 at 8:08 PM, Kochito22 said:

Just finished the interview, it was fairly okay. The Prof is very friendly and nice. She often chips in one or two things to help. Case study is about earthquake of march ,2011 in Japan.

Thanks everyone and hope to meet you in LKYSPP by God's grace.

I got this case, as same as Kochito22, and I applied for MPP. Good luck bro.

Hey, I have received a call for interview. I wanted to ask what exactly is the nature of the case study? And what sort of questions are asked. Like for example in the earthquake one, what sort of questions were asked?

And what else do they ask apart from the case study during the interview? I'm pretty nervous. Please help!

Hi, an Indonesian here applying for MPP. Haven't got any email about the interview or whatsoever.

My application status is "Physical application verified". The admission status is "N.A".

Good luck all for the interview! Thank you Kochito and Than for sharing your story ^_^

On 2/17/2017 at 2:41 PM, Nika.T said:

@hunny7 My case was about school education in lower-income countries. The questions were mostly asking for analysis of the case and policy suggestions. There was also one quantitative question, very easy, grade school math.

@Nika.T what sort of questions did they ask you? if you could give an example, please.

17 hours ago, Amir Shehzad said:

@Thanapoomped, Please can you tell us what they asked about case study, any example?

On 23/2/2560 at 1:51 PM, anmanya said:

Hey, I have received a call for interview. I wanted to ask what exactly is the nature of the case study? And what sort of questions are asked. Like for example in the earthquake one, what sort of questions were asked?

And what else do they ask apart from the case study during the interview? I'm pretty nervous. Please help!

On 22/2/2560 at 9:22 PM, Amir Shehzad said:

Hello everyone, 

I have my interview scheduled for 3rd march, can anyone guide me about case study preparation? What type of questions they ask from case study, any example please?

Thanks in advance :)

The types of questions are like " who are responsible for disaster", "what policy you will emphasize after the disaster", and "What you will do as... blah blah ex. policy maker"

Good luck everyone, wish all you guys will not make the same mistake as mine. BE FOCUS!!

10 hours ago, anmanya said:

@Nika.T what sort of questions did they ask you? if you could give an example, please.

It's a little hard to explain without revealing the details of the case, but basically "if you were a policy maker, what would you do in situation A? Situation B? Explain your reasoning using specific evidence from case study" and variations thereof.

On 2/22/2017 at 3:22 PM, Amir Shehzad said:

Hello everyone, 

I have my interview scheduled for 3rd march, can anyone guide me about case study preparation? What type of questions they ask from case study, any example please?

Thanks in advance :)

All the best Amir! 

Hello all. Please has anyone in the forum had interview for the LKYSPP 2017 MPA Program? Got invite for the interview scheduled for March 3. This is my first interview and I am kind of nervous. Any tips please? Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Asokai, 

Good to hear u got the interview call from LKYSPP. I have applied for MPA 2017 as well but I have not received any intimation yet. If you don't mind, can you share when did you apply to the programme. I finished my application around 27th of Dec? 

Have you applied for other colleges as well ?

Good to meet another applicant. 

Hello RP_MPA,

Good to hear we applied for the same program at the LKYSPP. I think I concluded my application including references in December, 2016. I received email for the interview on 16th February, 2016. I think you should just be very hopeful. It appears they have been inviting candidates in batches. I am sure you will be invited.

As for applications to other schools, yes I have to 2 others but yet to hear anything from them. But LKYSPP is my preferred study destination.

Looking forward to meeting you in Singapore.

Good luck!

Would anyone be willing to post their stats? I'd be really interested to see what kinds of profiles are applying for these programs and why you want to go to lky

Hi All,

Let me share some stats regarding my application and background

Programme Applied: MPA

Sector: Private - Multinational

Years of experience: 7+ years

Area of Work experience: Finance and Supply Chain

Undergraduate Studies: Bachelors of Commerce (India) & CFA Level III Candidate

Geographies worked: India & UAE

Hello RG_MPA,

Good to hear we applied for the same program at the LKYSPP. I think I concluded my application including references in December, 2016. I received email for the interview on 16th February, 2016. I think you should just be very hopeful. It appears they have been inviting candidates in batches. I am sure you will be invited.

As for applications to other schools, yes I have to 2 others but yet to hear anything from them. But LKYSPP is my preferred study destination.

Looking forward to meeting you in Singapore.

Good luck!