Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

RG_MPA,

Thanks for your wish. Hoping to hear the news of your interview invite please.

Will keep all posted after my interactions with the Professor(s) tomorrow.

Thanks again

Hello guys,

Just got my interview completed. The case study was on Rice Subsidies. The interview was totally on the case study and no questions on profile or the essays written. 

Wish you all the very best for whose interviews are pending.

Btw, can I know from those who have already completed their interview, as to how long did their interview last?

Hello Bharath Y,

Thanks for the update. Wish you all the best as you wait for the result.

My interview is tomorrow but they mention in my invitation email that the interview will be for 30 minutes. Someone in this forum also said he was interviewed for 35 minutes. 

So generally, how did yours go, who interviewed you, was he/she friendly and supportive? I can't wait to get done with mine, you know the waiting game.

I wish us all success!

33 minutes ago, Asokai said:

Hello Bharath Y,

Thanks for the update. Wish you all the best as you wait for the result.

My interview is tomorrow but they mention in my invitation email that the interview will be for 30 minutes. Someone in this forum also said he was interviewed for 35 minutes. 

So generally, how did yours go, who interviewed you, was he/she friendly and supportive? I can't wait to get done with mine, you know the waiting game.

I wish us all success!

Wish you all the very best for your interview Asokai. Yes the Professor was friendly and supportive and you need not worry about their research area. The questions will be around the case study provided to you.

Now fingers crossed for the result.

Hi folks,

Please just like Bharath Y did, can anyone share his/her interview experience, particularly the case? I mean those who had theirs yesterday and today.

Mine is tomorrow and will keep us posted once done.

Many thanks in advance.

@Bharath Y - Thank you immensely. I can't wait to finish mine like you. Your info has given me a lot of relief though.

Thanks again and looking forward to congratulating you for being accepted.

16 hours ago, Etchman said:

I had my interview today.The Professor was really patient and friendly. I did my best. I leave the rest to God. I wish all of us the very best!

Hai Etchman, what was the topic given for you and how long did your interview go?

Hi guys.

Just got an email from LKY NUS saying that their Associate Dean is coming to my country and they want to reschedule an informal chat between her and me.

Any idea what kind of chat that will take place? Or is anyone receiving the same email? Do you think this 'chat' is the equivalent to the interviews some people have taken?

They don't state any agenda and when I asked about preparation, they said it won't be necessary.

Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi folks,

Just finished my interview. The Prof was very friendly too. It was not an interrogation but an interaction. Wish us all the very best. Please keep posted when the acceptances starts coming in.

Thank you all great guys for the support.

6 hours ago, BharathY said:

Hai Etchman, what was the topic given for you and how long did your interview go?

Haii, BharathY... I was interviewed on rice subsidies... and it did not last more than 35 minutes

On 3/3/2017 at 8:11 PM, Etchman said:

Haii, BharathY... I was interviewed on rice subsidies... and it did not last more than 35 minutes

I was interviewed on rice subsidies as well and my interview lasted exactly 15 minutes. The interviewer did mentioned that the policy discussion would last 15 minutes and the other 15 minutes was if I had any questions on anything (I only had one question).

After the conclusion of the interview, I am not feeling particularly confident about the outcome of this programme. I felt like I could have provided a much better answer to some of her questions. Particularly, I did not summarise the article very well. Too nervous I guess lol.

Hi Faiz,

I think the best thing to do at this point is to be positive about the results. In most cases, where you are confident, you may end up being disappointed and where you are not sure like in this case, you get surprise.

I had my interview on March 3rd. First it was network problems that saw the original plan of having the interview via blue jeans changing to a phone interaction. You can imagine the nervousness in such a situation. However, I had to do my best especially since the Prof was very friendly. Let's just hope for the best. 

Looking forward to meeting you in LKY SPP.

Congratulations with finished interviews, guys!

@Asokai Could you please reveal topic of your case study? Was it about policy issues or leadership issues?

Edited by hunny7

Congrats to all the guys who the got the interview calls and have gone through the process. Hope the deserving gets the admission call. 

Request: Can you all share your brief profiles just to get a perspective as to what is the consideration set for LKYSPP? This is just to have some closure for people who might be feeling anxious.

10 hours ago, Asokai said:

Hi Faiz,

I think the best thing to do at this point is to be positive about the results. In most cases, where you are confident, you may end up being disappointed and where you are not sure like in this case, you get surprise.

I had my interview on March 3rd. First it was network problems that saw the original plan of having the interview via blue jeans changing to a phone interaction. You can imagine the nervousness in such a situation. However, I had to do my best especially since the Prof was very friendly. Let's just hope for the best. 

Looking forward to meeting you in LKY SPP.

Same here. Had a technical glitch and lost some valuable time. 

15 hours ago, faiz said:

I was interviewed on rice subsidies as well and my interview lasted exactly 15 minutes. The interviewer did mentioned that the policy discussion would last 15 minutes and the other 15 minutes was if I had any questions on anything (I only had one question).

After the conclusion of the interview, I am not feeling particularly confident about the outcome of this programme. I felt like I could have provided a much better answer to some of her questions. Particularly, I did not summarise the article very well. Too nervous I guess lol.

As same as me bro. Too nervous and wish I did it better. Good Luck.

On 3/1/2017 at 5:29 PM, Amir Shehzad said:

Thanks @Ndahi! I have listened it earlier. :) Have you taken interview?

You are welcome @Amir. No, not yet. I have not received an invitation. I completed application with references since October 2016. Fingers crossed. 

I finally had my interview. Though at this point, I can't say much about the interview because I feel I could've done a much better job. But I must say, the profs are extremely friendly and it's almost like a discussion. 

Any idea when do they start sending out the results? 

Edited by anmanya

Guys, Chill! We have all done our best. The interview was challenging but with God all things are possible! Tons of worries would only make things worse! Just Believe!!!

11 hours ago, RG_MPA said:

Congrats to all the guys who the got the interview calls and have gone through the process. Hope the deserving gets the admission call. 

Request: Can you all share your brief profiles just to get a perspective as to what is the consideration set for LKYSPP? This is just to have some closure for people who might be feeling anxious.

Applied for MPP:

• 2:1 Honours degree in Development Studies
  • 1 year 6 months working experience in research and consultancy (7 months NGO experience)
  • Strong references from both referees (one referee used to lecture at NUS)
  • I also have a publication, a working paper on the effect of policies on migration

@hunny7 - Please sorry for the late response. I had earlier shared my case study in the forum. For the benefit of doubt, my case study was on fighting crime. The questions were both policy and leadership targeted. 

Have you taken your interview yet? 

Wish you the very best.

9 hours ago, Asokai said:

@hunny7 - Please sorry for the late response. I had earlier shared my case study in the forum. For the benefit of doubt, my case study was on fighting crime. The questions were both policy and leadership targeted. 

Have you taken your interview yet? 

Wish you the very best.

Thank you very much for sharing! Not yet. Didn't hear anything..fingers crossed.

@hunny7 - Keep the hope alive. It appears they are conducting the interviews in batches. I pray you get your invitation soon. All the best!

@Jughead - Hey Jughead, nice to know we are both applicants for the 2017 MPA at the LKY SPP. Have you done your interview, when did you do yours and when did they tell you to expect the result. 

I just had my interview on 3rd March and was thinking it's pretty earlier to expect the outcome.

In any case, I pray we will be among the successful applicants to be accepted. 

Please let's keep ourselves posted on developments as I have only seen 3 or 4 of us on this forum who applied for the 2017 MPA.

All the best.