Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

@Amir Shehzad No, I have not heard from them. I think Ella e-mailed them regarding decisions, and they replied that we have to wait till April - May. I applied for MPA not MPP.  This waiting game is actually nerve wrecking you know. And LKY is my preferred study destination. Fingers still crossed anyways.

On March 7, 2017 at 2:12 AM, Ella16 said:

Hi everyone, I emailed LKY regarding the interview situation as I haven't been contacted yet and I also asked the timeframe for when they would be releasing decisions. I thought I would share the response with you all as I found it quite interesting. Good luck to all :)

"Please be informed that we are in the midst of processing the applications. If you are required to attend an interview, you will be informed via email between February and March. Otherwise, the final outcome of the admissions and scholarships will be released to the applicants between April and May. Do note that not all selected candidates are required to attend admissions interview."

Amir, please see above what Ella shared earlier. Hope the info helps.

6 hours ago, Amir Shehzad said:

Oh, My God! That is a prime love! LKY is prime love too! :)

Hi Amir,

Yup HKS is Harvard Kennedy School.

So I just finished my informal chat and it turned out a face-to-face interview! Kinda nervewrecking you know since I never associate informal chat with case interview. Btw, my interview is about private school and mine lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer mentioned that they will start rolling out the decision last week of March until 2nd week of April. Fingers crossed! Hope I can meet you guys at LKYSPP this July!

1 hour ago, Theo20 said:

Hi Amir,

Yup HKS is Harvard Kennedy School.

So I just finished my informal chat and it turned out a face-to-face interview! Kinda nervewrecking you know since I never associate informal chat with case interview. Btw, my interview is about private school and mine lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer mentioned that they will start rolling out the decision last week of March until 2nd week of April. Fingers crossed! Hope I can meet you guys at LKYSPP this July!

Sure @Theo20! Impatient to see everybody at LKYSPP! It is prime love of everyone on the planet. How was your interview overall?

4 hours ago, Asokai said:

@Amir Shehzad No, I have not heard from them. I think Ella e-mailed them regarding decisions, and they replied that we have to wait till April - May. I applied for MPA not MPP.  This waiting game is actually nerve wrecking you know. And LKY is my preferred study destination. Fingers still crossed anyways.

LKYSPP is everyone's prime destination! Let us stay fingers crossed! May Almighty do better and succeed us! Aamin

2 hours ago, Amir Shehzad said:

Does anyone have idea about the grading criterion? I mean to say percentage of Interview, essay, letter of intent etc.? @Theo20 @Asokai@Ella16?

No idea at all. I think we should just be positive about our expectations. I believe the Almighty will grant us favour and success. But please come, we don't seem to have many MPA applicants in this forum. Why? I am kind of jealous you know!

16 hours ago, Amir Shehzad said:

Does anyone have idea about the grading criterion? I mean to say percentage of Interview, essay, letter of intent etc.? @Theo20 @Asokai@Ella16?

fairly certain it's a holistic process. No part is more important than the other necessarily, the app is viewed as a whole 

Congratulations to all who've been selected for the interview. I hope you do make it to LKY! I just wanted to know if it's safe to assume that you have been rejected if you haven't received an email about the interview call yet. My application still says 'Physical Application Verified'. 

Thanks in advance,

Natasha Ahuja

Hi Natasha - Which programme have you applied for ?
MPP or MPA 
My understanding is that candidates are still getting communication on interview schedules. 
I would believe that if we do not hear from LYSPP by 20th of Mar - it will be safe to assume - no interview call. 

2 hours ago, RG_MPA said:

Hi Natasha - Which programme have you applied for ?
MPP or MPA 
My understanding is that candidates are still getting communication on interview schedules. 
I would believe that if we do not hear from LYSPP by 20th of Mar - it will be safe to assume - no interview call. 

Hi RG_MPA, your understanding may not necessarily be correct. From all indications, decisions will start rolling out from April. So interviews can still be scheduled even beyond 20th March. Looking forward to the news of invite of all those who are still expecting interview calls. Best of luck to everyone - both those that have been interviewed, those expecting interviews and those expecting interview invitation. 

17 hours ago, nahuja32 said:

Congratulations to all who've been selected for the interview. I hope you do make it to LKY! I just wanted to know if it's safe to assume that you have been rejected if you haven't received an email about the interview call yet. My application still says 'Physical Application Verified'. 

Thanks in advance,

Natasha Ahuja

Hi Natasha,

I think LKY SPP is still interviewing. Whereas I had two weeks notice before my interview, someone in this forum shared that he was notified on 1st March for an interview on 3rd March. So you see, there is still time before decisions starts rolling out.

The point I am trying to make is that I don't think you should consider your application rejected at this point. Getting invitation for the interview is still very possible. Since all those already interviewed were not invited the same day, it means they are doing it in batches. For me, that sounds logical and makes lot of sense.

Best of luck and looking forward to reading the news of your interview invite soon.

Cheers

23 hours ago, nahuja32 said:

Thanks in advance,

Natasha Ahuja

Not necessarily, as per the communication posted in the forum  "Please be informed that we are in the midst of processing the applications. If you are required to attend an interview, you will be informed via email between February and March. Otherwise, the final outcome of the admissions and scholarships will be released to the applicants between April and May. Do note that not all selected candidates are required to attend admissions interview."

19 hours ago, sharma_enthusiast said:

Do note that not all selected candidates are required to attend admissions interview."

Guys - Is there anyone in this forum that has got a direct selection mail and have not been invited for Interview.

For MPA -I believe the class size is 40-60 and my best guess is that 30-40% of candidates will be govt/public funded guys who will not have to go through admission process.

Any Insights ??

6 hours ago, nahuja32 said:

Thank you all for your detailed responses. I do hope that you're right! I guess I'll just have to wait and see. 

Best of luck to all! 

Best, 

Natasha Ahuja 

Hope for the best, Natasha! There is better for you in Almighty's store of Blessings.

@Amir Shehzad, thank you so much! 

My profile - 

Toefl - 114/120 

GRE - 163Q, 152V, 4.5AWA

Undergraduate degree - Top liberal arts school in India. Graduating with a first division (this May) 

Also doing a Diploma in Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding. Have completed an elementary Arabic course and a graduate certificate in public policy (done these courses along with my undergraduate degree). 

Internships - one at a media watchdog, one with the policy planning division of the Ministry of External Affairs (government of India) and one at a human rights organisation. 

Volunteering work - hundreds of hours over my three year course. Have organised fundraisers and have been part of several awareness campaigns. 

LoRs - One professional and one academic (I'm certain both were extremely well written) 

Worries - lack of work experience. Inadequate GRE verbal score (though I don't think I sent my GRE score to NUS). 

Accepted at - Georgetown University (McCourt School - MPP) with $15k funding per year and Hertie School of Governance (Berlin) with a 25% fee waiver.

Rejected - Harris, UChicago 

Waitlisted - Fletcher, Tufts 

As of now I think I will be going to Georgetown University.