Lee Kuan Yew School (LKY School), National University of Singapore (NUS)

3 hours ago, The whimsical said:

hi seaglass0025,

Questions asked were more of generic context. for example about  leadership. And need not be nervous about the interview:) ( though you are bound to be so ) . All the best . Do share your experience with us . 

Thank you, the whimsical! Will absolutely let you guys know about it afterwards :) 

1 hour ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Hi seaglass

how was your interview?

Hi Ardent, it went okay! Since I'm more of an untraditional applicant (with less of a quantitative background) I was quite nervous about the case study. Hoping the majority of interviewed individuals ultimately get admitted. Any idea of the rate? 

2 hours ago, seaglass0025 said:

Hi Ardent, it went okay! Since I'm more of an untraditional applicant (with less of a quantitative background) I was quite nervous about the case study. Hoping the majority of interviewed individuals ultimately get admitted. Any idea of the rate? 

I guess , current students or alumni at LKY would be able to answer this  appropriately. Wait for outcome is too bothersome:unsure:  

45 minutes ago, Ardent_PhD said:

hi seaglass 

i forgot to ask that how hard the quantitative question for the interview was.

Well, to be honest, it was not too difficult but since I'm not used to case studies let alone the quantitative questions that come with them it was trickier for me than it would for most other folks I think. I'm hoping the admissions committee is understanding of folks from non-traditional backgrounds and have more lee-room/ not as harsh! 

55 minutes ago, The whimsical said:

I guess , current students or alumni at LKY would be able to answer this  appropriately. Wait for outcome is too bothersome:unsure:  

Thanks, The whimsical! How did you find your interview? Yes, this waiting is driving me insane!!

1 minute ago, seaglass0025 said:

Well, to be honest, it was not too difficult but since I'm not used to case studies let alone the quantitative questions that come with them it was trickier for me than it would for most other folks I think. I'm hoping the admissions committee is understanding of folks from non-traditional backgrounds and have more lee-room/ not as harsh! 

Ok I see

i am not good at quan too.

have u submitted the GRE test score?

7 minutes ago, Ardent_PhD said:

Ok I see

i am not good at quan too.

have u submitted the GRE test score?

No, I haven't! I'm sure I would've been able to do perfectly well but my nerves and the limited time (20 minutes) might have gotten in the way. That being said, other parts of my interview went fine. 

1 minute ago, seaglass0025 said:

No, I haven't! I'm sure I would've been able to do perfectly well but my nerves and the limited time (20 minutes) might have gotten in the way. That being said, other parts of my interview went fine. 

All we can do is just wait for the results .

did the admission committee mention when the result will be notified?

Just now, Ardent_PhD said:

All we can do is just wait for the results .

did the admission committee mention when the result will be notified?

No, they did not mention and I forgot to ask. But I sent them a follow-up email. I'll be sure to let you know if I hear back! 

51 minutes ago, seaglass0025 said:

Thanks, The whimsical! How did you find your interview? Yes, this waiting is driving me insane!!

my interview was fine . generic Q&A were asked. I wrote a follow up regarding expected result date and reply was till may end :blink:. however if you check this thread , last year results started rolling out from 20th march . 

My interview this morning was short but thorough (lasted 25 minutes) and the questions about my case study was like 10-15% only. Mostly about your CV, what I'm currently doing for work, what I plan to do when I go back so on the essays also. 

I feel also that the interview was less about my answers but more my demeanor, or I could also be overthinking it. But general questions like, why LKY, why MPA, what the program will do for you, etc. 

Anyway, the wait is on.  Good luck to all of us! 

1 hour ago, MPA hopeful said:

My interview this morning was short but thorough (lasted 25 minutes) and the questions about my case study was like 10-15% only. Mostly about your CV, what I'm currently doing for work, what I plan to do when I go back so on the essays also. 

I feel also that the interview was less about my answers but more my demeanor, or I could also be overthinking it. But general questions like, why LKY, why MPA, what the program will do for you, etc. 

Anyway, the wait is on.  Good luck to all of us! 

How many professors were involved in your interview?

I still haven't got a call for interview.So nervous 

BTW, have you sent the GRE result to the program?

14 hours ago, Ardent_PhD said:

How many professors were involved in your interview?

I still haven't got a call for interview.So nervous 

BTW, have you sent the GRE result to the program?

Just one...and he had a striking resemblance to the Dean too...or maybe I was just too nervous. 

I didn't need to take an English proficiency exam they said because I have a degree from the UK.

I'm sure you will get your call soon. 

1 hour ago, MPA hopeful said:

Just one...and he had a striking resemblance to the Dean too...or maybe I was just too nervous. 

I didn't need to take an English proficiency exam they said because I have a degree from the UK.

I'm sure you will get your call soon. 

Thank you for your information 

Hope we will meet at LKYSPP :)

Random question for all, have you guys found it difficult to receive responses from the admissions office? 

Sent off various e-mails with specific inquiries and rarely get a response. Thanks!

57 minutes ago, seaglass0025 said:

Random question for all, have you guys found it difficult to receive responses from the admissions office? 

Sent off various e-mails with specific inquiries and rarely get a response. Thanks!

I only sent one before and I got a generic response. Then I asked about when results will be out after my interview and the interviewer answered (wearily) that interviews are still ongoing. 

I really hope all of us here will get in. I feel that my interview wasn't easy, not based on the questions, but how it was being asked...I felt like the interviewer was trying to rattle me. 

DId anyone check if their status on the application website changed after the interview?

1 minute ago, MPA hopeful said:

I only sent one before and I got a generic response. Then I asked about when results will be out after my interview and the interviewer answered (wearily) that interviews are still ongoing. 

I really hope all of us here will get in. I feel that my interview wasn't easy, not based on the questions, but how it was being asked...I felt like the interviewer was trying to rattle me. 

DId anyone check if their status on the application website changed after the interview?

Thanks MPA hopeful, find it strange and concerning that of the very few e-mails I have sent out have not received any replies at all. Certainly don't feel like my interview was easy either and hope we all get through fine too. Can tell you from checking status right now, nothing has changed. Best of luck to all of us, hang in there!